main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anyone see The Radioland Murders?

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by Carter-TFN, Jun 30, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    I saw it at a videostore before, but didn't know it was a prequel to AG so I didn't get it. After I found out what it was, I couldn't find it again :_|

2. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    I saw it when it came out on video.
    I didn't think it was very good. But it has been a long time ago when i saw it. Maybe it was better than I thought.The effects, production design, and the costumes were great. I also remember that there was some nudity that did not belong in the picture.I don't no how it got a PG. Maybe I'll rewatch it again. To see if it is better.

I would also recomend everybody seeing the 1942 movie Who Done It? starring Abbott & Costello. It's a great comedy about a murder at a radio station.It's one of Abbott & Costello's funniest film and I think it's was the inspirations for Radioland Murders. Can someone tell me if this is true?

3. DarthWeenie

DarthWeenie Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 2, 2002
    One of the most genius, well scripted, beautifully shot, underrated, and forgettable movies of all time.

Theres as much going on the background of every shot as there is in any Star Wars movie, thats right, the Weenie said ANY Star Wars movie, without the annoyance of all of the background action being CG.

Well acted. Very well directed. One of the most original movies this particular weenie has ever seen. It can give you chills and a sense of wonder that rivals the original Star Wars itself.

Its the best example of George Lucas' writing. BY FAR.

It gets better every time you see it, because its so fast paced and there is so much going on outside of the foreground, that you couldnt notice it in one veiwing. The more of that stuff you notice, the more you like the movie and understand the deeper meanings, and subtle jokes in it.

Plus, its hilarious.

The humor is a bit Jar-Jar like, but instead of taking ridiculous childish antics and trying to pass them off in a movie meant to be taken semi-seriously (like TPM), this movie knows its acting cheesy and chooses to revel in it. It takes place in the 1930s and its just like watching a modern-day Abbot and Costello movie!

If youve seen it only once, do yourself a favor and go see it again.

If youve never seen it, do yourself a favor and go rent it tonight.

When youre through with that, come back here and tell us what you liked.

4. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    > One of the most genius, well scripted, beautifully shot, underrated, and forgettable movies of all time.

"forgettable" doesn't really gel well with the rest of your thoughts on the film. :confused:

Typo, I guess...

5. DarthWeenie

DarthWeenie Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 2, 2002
    No, all those comments are true.

6. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    How can this be true;

> One of the most genius, well scripted, beautifully shot, underrated...

and this also be true;

and forgettable movies of all time.

I don't see how the most genius, well scripted, beautifully shot & underrated movie can also be the most forgettable movie.

:confused:

Care to elaborate on the "forgettable" bit?

7. Han_So_Low

Han_So_Low Jedi Youngling

Feb 9, 2003
    Maybe he has ADD?

ADD = Attention Deficit Disorder

You may want to have that checked. It would stink for you to get distracted and forget such a film you admire.

I have never seen The Radioland Murders, anywhere!
    It isn't Howard the Duck silly, is it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.