main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:SA Anyone wanna make a SW fan film?

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Obi-Wan_Toddi, Mar 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. milney

milney Jedi Master star 5

Aug 21, 2003
    Obi-Wan Toddi
    Danikin
    Kooky
    - Jedi, Jedi padawan, annoying teenager, crazed woman, some sort of pathetic evil person, extra, whatever grin
    DarkDisciple
    MsWinter
    - handmaiden, Jedi, Padme, general mop up girl, dishwasher, counsellor, whatever you need on the day grin
    Adalia-Durron
    milney(??)
    - Darth Vader, Darth Maul, Anakin (both AOTC & ROTS)
    Suvlaco(??)
    TK1571
    Starfire
    Dave-Jedi
    Arcticfox

I have Darth Vader, Darth Maul, Anakin Skywalker and a work in progress Kyle Katarn.

2. Brun-Farron

Brun-Farron Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 19, 2004
    Obi-Wan Toddi
    Danikin
    Kooky - Jedi, Jedi padawan, annoying teenager, crazed woman, some sort of pathetic evil person, extra, whatever grin
    DarkDisciple
    MsWinter - handmaiden, Jedi, Padme, general mop up girl, dishwasher, counsellor, whatever you need on the day grin
    Arcticfox - jedi knight qui gon jinn, qui gon cookie monster, darth elmo, episode 3 clone trooper in progress
    Adalia-Durron
    milney(??) - Darth Vader, Darth Maul, Anakin (both AOTC & ROTS)
    Suvlaco(??)
    TK1571
    Starfire
    Dave-Jedi

Brun-Farron - Clone Trooper (EP2)

3. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Obi-Wan_Toddi Former SAFF CR star 6

Feb 7, 2005
    Obi-Wan Toddi - Jedi Master, jedi knight ( & jawa *LOL*)
    Danikin
    Kooky - Jedi, Jedi padawan, annoying teenager, crazed woman, some sort of pathetic evil person, extra, whatever grin
    DarkDisciple
    MsWinter - handmaiden, Jedi, Padme, general mop up girl, dishwasher, counsellor, whatever you need on the day grin
    Arcticfox - jedi knight qui gon jinn, qui gon cookie monster, darth elmo, episode 3 clone trooper in progress
    Adalia-Durron
    milney- Darth Vader, Darth Maul, Anakin (both AOTC & ROTS)
    Suvlaco(??)
    TK1571
    Starfire
    Dave-Jedi
    Brun-Farron - Clone Trooper (EP2)

Nice work peoples!! At some point you'll have to commit to a character name ... whether it be above (ie doesn't change) or whether you change it later. All in good time though!

4. oz_skipp

oz_skipp Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2004
    I'd like to join in in some capacity. Not sure as what or who yet. Short Jedi, short Jango, Jawa... ;).

Are you going to be shooting with a digital video camera? If so, I'd love to get involved in helping you edit it. I have software (with more on the way) that makes the audio visual side easy and fun.

5. TROOPER_WANNABE

TROOPER_WANNABE Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 11, 2005
    I'd probably join you guys as a Jedi Perhaps ?

Sorry TK but there will be running involved I guess

6. Suvlaco

Suvlaco Jedi Master star 1

Mar 13, 2005
    Hey, I don't really mind what I do (though I'd definately loved to be involved). I could be a 'stuntman' of sorts, as I'm always up for doing stupid things. Also, if you wanna have a really fast lightsaber battle I'd LOVE to do that (as long as the person I fight is fast as well...).

Meh, one question...

Who's the director?

7. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Feb 7, 2005
    Hmmm seeing as how George Lucas is writer/director ... IT'S ME!!! I think sharing will be in order for it to be stress free and fun. That's the real aim of the whole thing.

Would like to shoot it on DV ... so oz, what's your film clip idea??

8. milney

Aug 21, 2003
    Also, if you wanna have a really fast lightsaber battle I'd LOVE to do that (as long as the person I fight is fast as well...).

I can do really quick fights, and with any of the costumes I have, it's easy for the characters to be believable.

I would point out that my particiation would be entirely dependant on me visiting SA for more than one weekend.

9. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Feb 7, 2005
    Danikin and I are working on fast lightsaber fights too.

milney - Depending on your involvement, it would be good to get your stuff done in the one, I'd say.

Suvlaco - I now hand the reigns of directing over to you! But beware, you'll have to try and please everyone and keep them happy! Very difficult!!

So good luck! I'm sure we'll all chip in ideas. I'll handle the music side of things ... and work on the script.

10. oz_skipp

Apr 20, 2004
    Skip used to make electronic music (some good, most bad :) ), but it's been on the backburner for the last 2 or 3 years. Am now starting again, but haven't even half clicked with the software I'm using at the moment and ideas are a bit mushy. But I'd like to make a couple of more tracks with Star Wars samples. In fact, I've already made one that is okay but needs a helluva lot of of polish. And another that is puss, so it'll never get finished....although it does have the 'you were the chose one!' sample in it....I did that about three weeks ago (how did I get that sample I wonder?.... ;) )

So Star Wars influenced techno or dnb or house or breaks or whatever + some of the many fan film clips incorporated could be good. That was the original idea.

However, if you're making a film, I'm sure that I could make a short film clip as a promo. This could be fun :D

Must do real work tonight however, so no new music. Although I could upload a small snippet of one or two of my tracks onto the website, although copyrighted material has prevented me from doing so as of yet.

11. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Feb 7, 2005
    Cool! I love dabbling in music (am a muso meself), you must have some hella-cool software!

12. oz_skipp

Apr 20, 2004
    Just Garage Band (an earlier version) on the Mac. Slow, inflexible and not that much fun (but very easy to use).

On my much older and slower Mac I used to have Reason (won't work on newer ones, need a newer version). The absolute dog's bollocks. A new version is out for PC and Mac now....must resist getting it.

I need to pull out the out (well newish) Roland drum machine one of these days too :)

13. milney

Aug 21, 2003
    I'm so glad that you're not a professional muso skipp.

Almost every audio tech at the Centre is a muso and they all have several thousand dollars worth of studio software.

I could offer my services for 2D effects work if you wanted Toddi.

14. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Feb 7, 2005
    That would be great, milney!! Can you give me some examples of stuff you do?? (I'm a bit graphics stupid!! And no I'm not a drummer!!)

15. Suvlaco

Suvlaco Jedi Master star 1

Mar 13, 2005
    skipp try getting Fruity Loops, its da bomb. I use it and I've done some decent techy/trance stuff (my fav music). Also, what editing software are you thinking of using? Premiere or Final Cut Pro are the best.

16. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Feb 7, 2005
    Yeah, dunno ... too far away to think about. Gotta get a cast and script first!

17. oz_skipp

Apr 20, 2004
    FCP is amazine, but even Final Cut Express could do 99.9% of the things most mortals need. I've only had a 5 minute play with it a while back and it's exceptionally good. Faster than iMovie which is odd given that it's iMovie on major steroids.

But a Mac is needed of course ;)

I'll see if work has any spare licenses and pinch a copy if possible.

18. milney

Aug 21, 2003
    Well, I do the ever requested lightsabres, matte paintings and other 2D effects (I don't do 3D modelling and I HATE force lightning)

EG1. (the only one I had on my laptop)

[image=http://www.milneyfilms.com/sabre1.jpg]

Easy as pie to do.

19. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Milney!! His saber is green silly !! LOL!!! But nice work..... :D

20. milney

Aug 21, 2003
    You didn't complain when I posted the same pic about 5 months ago :p

21. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Feb 7, 2005
    That looks cool, milney!! I grew up just down the road from that Macca's!! I almost shat myself when I saw that photo!! Is it good having rods as a guide? Just thinking of saber fights!

22. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I'm only teasing Milney you should know me by now!!!

23. milney

Aug 21, 2003
    Adalia-Durron posted on 3/16/05 4:21am
    I'm only teasing [b]Milney[/b] you should know me by now!!!
    [hr][/blockquote]

Yeah, I know you well enough by now. And I have the photos [face_wink]

You know I still love you Ad's [face_love]

Toddi, it's so much easier from a number of perspectives to use rods during sabre fights. Just make sure that A: they don't bend B: they stand out from the background.

24. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Feb 7, 2005
    Mental note ... no force lightning. Matte paintings ... hmmm so if we shot in front of a blue or green screen??

25. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    You have one?

Right back at ya Milney [face_love]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.