main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

AOTC at the Prov Place IMAX

Discussion in 'Archive: Providence, RI' started by idarii, Oct 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. idarii

idarii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    i think this would be fun, and a great venue to hang out at and get to know our fellow rhode islanders. when would we like to go? fridays/weekend are best for me but am open to suggestion :)

november 1 is a friday and i believe it's playing then. thoughts?

2. JediSaralyn

JediSaralyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2002
    Ahh...you beat me to starting this.... 8-}

I think that having everyone planning for that date is a great starting point.... :D

I usually work on Friday's but if I have enough notice, it can be changed...and I think november is plenty enough notice....

Can't wait... :)

3. Tarr

Tarr Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 14, 2002
    *flips through his planner* Ummm just say when and I'm there heh. Although I'm sure you knew that already LOL.

4. Dark_Lord_Erik

Dark_Lord_Erik Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2001
    We may not want to go on the first night(Nov. 1st). Unless we preorder tickets.

I believe that there ate three showings a day, which one would be best?

5. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    that's a good point. they may be sold out once we get there unless we preorder.
    so we could do that saturday the 2nd
    or we could do the following weekend.
    any weekend is good for me basically except the 16/17 of november cause there's a sci-fi convention in boston

6. Jeffbacca

Jeffbacca Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2002
    My bro just told me and I went silly. Just the thought of seeing Yoda scene and the stadium scene in IMAX mode...makes me giggle ... OMG. Name the date and I'm there.

7. Tarr

Oct 14, 2002
    Just an FYI "My bro" that would be me heh.

8. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    I have arraigned to clear the 31st of October and the 1st of November in case there is a Midnight showing.

9. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    ok i know we've still got a few weeks but i thought i'd post a few of our options. erik had a good point about the november 1st show selling out early, but as far as i can tell on this site it's not sold out yet. (you can try the feinstein IMAX site directly if that other linke doesn't work, click oncoming soon then advance tickets, etc etc)

here are a few days that it's playing:

Friday Nov 1 12:00 PM     3:30 PM     7:00 PM     9:15 PM     11:30 PM 

Saturday Nov 2 11:00 AM     1:15 PM     3:30 PM     5:45 PM     8:00 PM     10:15 PM

Friday Nov 8 3:30 PM     7:00 PM     9:15 PM     11:30 PM

Satuday Nov 9  12:00 PM     3:30 PM     7:00 PM     9:15 PM     11:30 PM

looking forward to it :) as always the 1st is just as fine by me as any of the other dates. if it's a friday, i work until 5. there is also a rumor going around that the prov place IMAX is holding a costume contest at midnight oct 31

thoughts?

10. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    I think the Midnight showing would be fun. The question is do we hold out and hope they have one and risk not getting tickets for Friday.

11. Dark_Lord_Erik

Jan 19, 2001
    How about the 9:15 showing on the 8th?

We can get there early and grab some food, talk and then catch the movie.

Unless that's too late for some of us?

12. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    9:15 on the 8th is fine by me. we could meet a little before and get something to eat and such.

scott as much as i would looooooove to go on the 31st at midnight i have to work in the morning and i don't want to be dragging the next day.

so the more pressing question is (hah i'm such a dork) if we go on the 8th, do i go in costume even though halloween will have passed? :D

13. Darth Dowe

Darth Dowe Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
  14. Dark_Lord_Erik

Jan 19, 2001
    You can wear all of the costumes that you want. Just sit at the table over there.

:p

15. Tarr

Oct 14, 2002
    The 8th @9:15 sounds good to me. And go for it Carrie! Just holster that weapon of yours we don't want anyone getting hurt :p I'm gonna be dressed as a fighter pilot...in street clothes that is :p

16. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    LOL i'm being ostracized :p

yeah i should tuck the plastic lightsaber away beneath the robes, seing as the warwick showcase considered a weapon on opening night and forced me to put it away.

17. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    You should wear it. It's Rhode Island, everyone is weird. Just kidding. I love Rhode Island. ;)

18. Tarr

Oct 14, 2002
    Slap some duct tape around that plastic lightsaber and you have a deadly weapon...well at least a painfull weapon :p so I can see where their concern comes from.
    Now did you use the force to put away that weapon of yours ala a reverse Yoda move? :p At least it woulda been cool that way.
    Feh if you really you want weirdos go to boston and hop on the subway system. ;) You'll find many an odd folk down there :p

19. Darth Dowe

Oct 23, 1999
    At least they play some good guitar music...

20. Dark_Lord_Erik

Jan 19, 2001
    I wouldn't talk about RI having weirdos. Whenever I go to Boston, there's some guy with a sign that says "The End of the World is Upon Us".

Also, there's always this guy playing the violin outside of the McDonald's near Quincy Market.

21. Tarr

Oct 14, 2002
    Good *laugh* guitar music or really CRAPPY keyboard music haha
    I swear i think i heard the someone playing the super mario bro. theme one day. doo doo do do do da do or however it went. It's like the same 2 notes over and over LOL. Although I had been in boston over the weekend and by the time I left I may have lost some of my sanity.

22. Darth Dowe

Oct 23, 1999
    There's a magician in the Govt. Center T stop (Blue Line) who's pretty cool.

Usually on the Red Line at Park St. they have a guy with guitar.

Last week I couldn't stand some guy with a banjo at the Green Line Govt. Center stop. I just wanted to smash the instrument over his head.

It's Harvard Square T Stop that has the keyboard/karoke guy, and he does suck! :)

23. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    aw i [face_love] boston

;)

24. Darth Dowe

Oct 23, 1999
  25. Tarr

Oct 14, 2002
    I frequented the Green line more than any of the others. Actually only took the Red line from the commuter (Purple?) rail to get to the Green line to get to the Fenway stop...good lord that stop is mobbed during baseball season LOL. Good thing I was always going in the opposite direction that the mob was going in hehe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.