main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

AOTC boring?

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by JediDugan, Jun 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediDugan

JediDugan Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 3, 2001
    I am hearing this from people now "AOTC was a boring movie." Can anyone explain this to me? It has twice as much action than any Star Wars film before it.
    If ANH was released new in 2002 would people call that boring? I'll bet they would.

I haven't seen "Spiderman" yet and I don't plan on it as it dosen't interest me at all. To me "Spiderman" looks like a boring movie. Also, I'd like to beat Tobey Maguire with a wiffle bat. :)

Help me out here people... AOTC boring?!?!?!

2. Flipmaster_Yoda

Flipmaster_Yoda Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2002
  3. jedi-jeff

jedi-jeff Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 2, 2000
    I certainly did not find AOTC boring. However as I have often said, it is unrealistic to expect everyone to like a movie.

BTW, I do not recall even the harsh critics of AOTC on this board saying that AOTC is boring.

4. ADONIAH32

ADONIAH32 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 18, 2002
  5. sdj

sdj Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    It's just cool to bash Star Wars. While I thought Spiderman was ok I think anyone could concede that Clones has more action. It simply just does. All Spidey does is rescue a few people in some very brief scenes, fight Flash Thompson at school, fight a wrestler, kill the guy that killed his uncle, and fight the goblin in 2 very brief scenes and then one pretty good fight against the goblin at the end. Almost none of these scenes were even remotely challenging to Spidey except the fights against the Goblin.

6. mjerome3

mjerome3 Jedi Knight star 6

May 11, 2000
    Attack of the Clones was the most exciting, on the edge of your seat SW movie ever. Whoever feels AOTC was a boring film is not in their right frame of mind, obviously.

7. Darkwish

Darkwish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2001
    I don't understand how people can say that.

I think that someone who thinks AOTC is boring is probably just a boring person.

8. Brodie123

Brodie123 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 20, 2002
    Hmmm. Well the action battle/skirmish and duel scenes were quite exciting, even if they did lack emotion. The action was well up to par though.

However, inbetween these battles and duels the film was uninspired and boring. Anakin and Padme`, the council and the senate may have been exciting or built tension if the plotting and dialogue wasn't so, plain.

I think when people refer to AotC being boring, they are referring to the middle of the movie, which consisted primarily of Anakin and Padme and council discussions. Which could of been exciting, but just weren't.

9. sdj

sdj Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    Brodie those scenes are a means to an end.

10. rsterling78

rsterling78 Jedi Knight star 5

May 26, 2002
    I am hearing this from people now "AOTC was a boring movie."

Tell them not to take their Xanax and trazodone for a couple of days and then see the movie again.

They'll also drool less.

11. Darth_OlsenTwins

Darth_OlsenTwins Jedi Master star 5

May 18, 2002
    RSterling

You are on a roll tonight.

You defend the realm of sanity very well. Good work.

12. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    Brodie, what movie were you watching?

YOu can't even argue that those "boring" meetings made the movie dull becuase they hardly weren't even there.

Sure there were a few of them. BUt they were drastically cut down from TPM.

NOw we have romance scenes and an intreging investigation by Obi-Wan.

The plot was constantly moving and new and interesting stuff was happening and dark stuff too.

13. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001
    This one girl sitting to my left side was asleep till the final battle in my 6th viewing :(

14. gwaernardel

gwaernardel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 5, 2001
    I did actually fall asleep in a couple parts. And I found some of it boring.
    DISCLAIMER: Please do not flame me for this, as you did ask why anyone would find it boring. I'm just answering your question. And if anyone tells me that if I didn't like it then I should not post here, the person who started this thread asked a question which I am answering, and I didn't hate AOTC. I just found some of it boring.
    I disliked all the romantic dialogue. I just thought the scenes went too slowly. And the action just seemed sort of unfocused. There's something about having that large-scale of a battle that starts to lose my attention. There's only so much violence going every way that my mind tends to drift.
    So I can see what some found it boring. On an unrelated note, I liked Spiderman because most of the action sequences were focused on one or two people and were easier to follow.

15. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001
    It's okay gwaernardel we won't flame you, since it took you QUITE A WHILE to get to the point of your message after writing that lengthy disclaimer :)

16. gwaernardel

Nov 5, 2001
    lol...thanks.
    I just get so sick of people asking for opinions and then stomping all over them once they get them.

17. sdj

sdj Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    You must have A.D.D. or you're staying up too late. I've never fallen asleep during a movie...not even a bad one. Well not since I was a little little kid. My sister who is 5 slept through Spider-Man, HP and LotR but stayed awake through AotC both times. I swear this is true. She did get a little rambunctous during the middle section.

18. gwaernardel

Nov 5, 2001
    A little from Column A, a little from Column B...the only other movie I've fallen asleep during was Moulin Rouge.

19. Meatypants

Meatypants Jedi Youngling star 3

May 19, 2002
    "Tell them not to take their Xanax and trazodone for a couple of days and then see the movie again.

They'll also drool less."

*standing ovation*

20. darth_pooh

darth_pooh Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2002
    RSterling78, no one like him on this site, baby! :)

21. rsterling78

rsterling78 Jedi Knight star 5

May 26, 2002
    Thanks for the kind words, folks.

I'm shocked to learn that some people didn't merely find AOTC boring but actually fell asleep during the thing. What would happen to one of these folks while viewing, say, Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood? Coma? Cardiac arrest?

For me, just seeing Yoda Force-summon and ignite his lightsaber causes insomnia. Very exciting and engaging movie!

22. JediGirl1

JediGirl1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 15, 2002
    I cannot believe that anyone would find this movie boring. The first time I saw it both my sister and I were literally on the edge of our seats and when it ended we both looked at each other and did not even realize that we had been sitting like that for the last hour. I found AOTC to be absolutely engrossing. We had seen Spiderman the week before. While I did like the movie, I did not find it on-the-edge-of-your seat exciting (Tobey Maguire - now that is boring!!). My sister actually balled when Shmi died and during the confession scence. No effects on us like that from Spiderman.

We have now seen the movie five times and each time I still feel that way. The funny part is that my nephew, who is seven, has seen it three times and is bugging me to take him again. He is hooked - I love it!

23. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    If it's a later showing or Star Wars just isn't their thing then I can see them finding it boring. Or if you're seeing it for the 6th consecutive day in a row then parts may drag. But every Star Wars movie has those moments.
    TPM - Coruscant
    ANH - Tatooine and the Death Star can be hit and miss
    ESB - The beginning until the batte, Dagobah and inside the asteroid
    RotJ - Jabba's palace san Rancor, Endor

First time through they're very interesting. But after repeated repeated veiwings. . . I find all Star Wars movies have slower parts in the middle. AotC is no different with the romance scenes and the Kamino tour and Jango talk. Very new and fun now, but after a while, these will be the first to drag.

But through every stretch, Lucas gives us something to tide us over. Pod Races, playing chicken with a Star Destroyer, speeder bikes, Jango fight.

24. Roger Goldleader

Roger Goldleader Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 1, 2000
    No. Not even in the slow parts. There is barely a line in this movie that doesn't mean something or connect to something. And I think there are more memorable lines in this movie than in all the others combined (just my opinion), some for what they portend, and others just for the way they are delivered, including "Boba, is your father here?"

Now, I did fall asleep the third time I saw TPM, but then, I had just flown to the states from Germany, and it was about 0400 by my biological clock. Woke up when I heard DOTF, though!

25. Aurra_Sting

Aurra_Sting Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 19, 2002
    i thought it was sorta boring too.
    it wasn't the lack of action, it was the lack of really exciting characters. you can have a thousand characters die but it really doesn't matter unless you have a reason to care for them. there was a big battle, sure, but the people that died were a bunch of clones and a couple jedi that had no names or history. with the excpeption of shmi and jango's death, i just couldn't find myself caring. that made it boring for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.