main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon AOTC @ Dallas,OR Drive-In Theatre

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by ImperialJedi, Sep 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ImperialJedi

ImperialJedi Jedi Master star 3

Sep 23, 2001
    Ugh! You know how it is when you write a huge post and just before you finish you get booted off or crash and lose it all?! Now I have to start again, hope I don't forget anything.

Drive-In Theatres are fun to go to and experience an old fashioned way of watching movies. The down side is that it isn't digital and the sound comes from your radio, but still it's a great small town on a Saturday night atmosphere.

This friday they started playing a double feature of AOTC and Spiderman. It will play for at least a week until Friday, Sept. 20th. Sometimes it gets held over, but I can't guarentee anything. The show starts at dusk, but you need to arrive earlier. $12 a carload. You can get directions online.

Motor Vu Drive-In
    315 SE Fir Villa
    Dallas, OR 97338
    Phone: (503)623-4449

Click here for info (I can't really say more info): Yahoo! Movies - Showtimes

I'm going with my little brother tommorrow, Saturday night.

-IJedi

2. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    They still have drive-ins?!?!

Whoa... cool :)

3. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    Actually before I met you, I had no idea we had a Dallas, Oregon either. I still would have to see that to believe it.

I thought there was just THE DallEs, not Dallas, Oregon. That's so... weird. :) Dallas is a city in Texas. :)

4. Jedi_Nailbiter

Jedi_Nailbiter Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2000
    there's a drive-in in Portland, Bowen. its defunct though I think. yknow near uhh the Merlo bus garage, near the Beaverton school district office, near the uhh, tualatin water district thing, near merlo high school. like kinda near to costco (the one on 158th and baseline)and the reese's store. kind of near to the nike world hq.

5. ImperialJedi

Sep 23, 2001
    I remember when the one in Salem was open. It was a looooooooong time ago.

This week the drive-in is showing AOTC and Swimfan.

-IJedi

6. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    AOTC and Swimfan, hehe, what's that supposed to be, some sort of sick contrast in quality? Like, "Hey, here is a great movie, and here is a pretty average, by-the-books film, yay!" lol

7. ImperialJedi

Sep 23, 2001
    lol

-IJedi

8. ImperialJedi

Sep 23, 2001
    Okay, two AOTC clones showings left at the Drive-In!

Tonight, Wednesday, Sept. 25
    Tommorrow, Thursday, Sept. 26

-IJedi

EDIT: Friday they change the movies.

9. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    WOAH, tonight and tomorrow are the last night? Better go see it one last time before it leaves!

10. hoofinla

hoofinla Jedi Youngling

Apr 3, 2002

I went on tuesday night and I did not know that Swimfan was the pre-movie... man did my brother and I have a fun time watching the movie with the radio off and making up our own dialogue. Also if anyone is thinking about going to see the movie... don't... man not only was it a bad movie but the ending was the most anti climactic part of the movie... the few shots of the people swimming really fast was more action than the "big ending". Blahh!!

Now to ATOC.. once again I loved it.. it was much more fun to be able to talk as loud as I wanted with my brother and comment on stuff when we wanted rather than have to wait until it was over... the pleasures of your own car. Although I still feel Obi was treated like a punk in the fight scene against Dooku, I was definitely more impressed with the choreography this time around. A lot more went on than I thought. However it definitely does not surpass TPM.

When the movie was done we were pulling out and at the end of the road the drive in is at there was a cop directing traffic with flares out.. we found out later that there had been a shooting at a nearby apartment complex. The paralles of going to see Star Wars in the town of Dallas where cows are usually the most dangerous thing. The person shot is in critical condition after surgery and Im not sure what the deal with the shooter is.. I think he was in a standoff with the police and when i read the article in the paper it seemed that they hadent resolved anything while the reporter was there. Anywho that was my ATOC drive in experience. Oh and we ate pizza from the snack bar and it sucked. I think the cheese had gone bad. Bye for now. - J -

11. ImperialJedi

Sep 23, 2001
    Cool! Sorry about you having to watch Swimfan. I hope AOTC made up for it.

-IJedi

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.