main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

AOTC IMAX

Discussion in 'Archive: Charleston, SC' started by jedi scholar, Oct 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi scholar

jedi scholar Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 31, 1999
    Just got an email from IMAX. We're getting it. YEAH!!!!!!!!

2. Ki-Edi-Mundi

Ki-Edi-Mundi Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 21, 2000
    Just got the same email! :D Very exiciting news!

We found out late last night it's coming, we will update our site when we
    have time, help us spread the word.

Charleston IMAX Theatre
    360 Concord Street
    Charleston, SC 29401
    843-725-IMAX (4629)
    www.charlestonimax.com
    www.aquariumwharf.com

3. MandiJade

MandiJade Jedi Youngling

Apr 5, 2001
    Yep! I got the email, too! They said to help spread the word!

I assume there will be a FanForce night. While I haven't been able to make a meeting yet, maybe those of us from this board and other FanForce members could get with the Imax people and see if they'll let us do some kind of promotion of the Club one night. :)

4. motf-jan

motf-jan Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 25, 2001
    Hi,
    yes they certainly would like us there to help with costumed people.
    Unfortunately or fortunately, I'll be in Disney World from the 1st-5th so I'm of no use that weekend. More probably than not, we should of course, all plan on coming to the first night if we can, but plan something with the IMAX for maybe Mid November to keep the momentum going. A Star Wars Day one Saturday and invite the 501st to come etc. They would need some notice so I'll get with the IMAX powers that be and see what they think.
    Janet

5. jedi scholar

Oct 31, 1999
    Janet,
    Agree with you the council does.... Mid November will be cool--give us a lot of time to promote it esp as a charity thing--food drive right before thanksgiving. We definitely also need to form some organized support for the first day---wonder if they will have a midnight show? CJ, Katja and I will be there with bells on(or at least in costume)probably all day. Everyone please post and inform the board of your plans for the first day.
    Krista

6. motf-jan

motf-jan Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 25, 2001
    Hi,
    I'm going to put together a 1/2 sheet flyer with all the info on it so that you can give out during the first night. This is great opportunity for us to recruit members.

I've just found out the the 501st might be free Nov 16th to help us out so I'll try that date with the IMAX.

But since I have a big ticket<lol> I'll be seeing it lots when I get back! But I may be able to bring a guest at a reduced rate--so we'll see!

Janet

7. JediJasonR

JediJasonR Jedi Youngling

Mar 18, 2002
    Yes! I am so glad the IMAX here got it. Once again, just incase you all have forgotten me, I am Jason Rector. I'm new here in Charleston. Sorry I haven't been posting. Things have been crazy the past few weeks with a play I was in. I haven't got to meet any of you yet, but I look forward to it. I'm just ready to see AOTC on an IMAX screen!

8. jedi scholar

Oct 31, 1999
    Hi Jason,
    What play were you in? Something at cofc or dock street or footlight? We're looking forward to meeting you too.

9. JediJasonR

JediJasonR Jedi Youngling

Mar 18, 2002
    I was in The Country Wife. It was a CofC Mainstage Production.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.