main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hawaii AOTC Presale Tickets in Hawaii

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JarJarIsBoba, May 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JarJarIsBoba

JarJarIsBoba Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 24, 2000
    I will post when I find out when they will be selling and which theater.

I'm biased for Signature, especially now that Consolidated has raised ticket prices to $8.00.

2. JarJarIsBoba

Sep 24, 2000
    OK, Signature says they will be selling AOTC tickets in about one week. Maybe sooner. But not this week.

Get ready folks...

3. ardo808

ardo808 Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2002
    JarJarIsBoba - I know you're lying because I know when they really go on sale. My contact told me that I was only the second person to find out about the presale, so I'm assuming you're the first.

If anyone has information about Ward 16, I'll trade it for info on Dole.

4. JarJarIsBoba

Sep 24, 2000
    JarJarIsBoba - I know you're lying because I know when they really go on sale. My contact told me that I was only the second person to find out about the presale, so I'm assuming you're the first.

Why the hostility man? I just called Signature Dole and that's what THEY told me. So if anyone's lying it's them. So is it tomorrow? theforce.net says most places will be selling tomorrow. If it is selling tomorrow that's news to me. I certainly don't claim to have any inside knowledge.

5. kamty

kamty Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2002
    I called Signature as well. This girl "Kiana", I believe her name was, said they were going to start selling tomorrow. But, she was just a "worker bee", so I wouldn't stake my life on it. I called Consolidated's main Ofc as well. The lady that answered said they would presale 1 week in advance. That's all the info I got just by calling them.

6. mac-nut

mac-nut Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 14, 2001
    maybe they're all trying to keep us confused?

7. JarJarIsBoba

Sep 24, 2000
    kamty - Welcome to the boards! I'm glad to see new faces around here.

mac-nut - I only realized we had a City Rep recently. We should have an admin as well. ;)

Well folks, since I live really close to Dole Cannery, I'm gonna make it down there at about 10am Friday morning. Too bad I work at 2pm. I'll let you know what happens.

8. master_yoduck

master_yoduck Jedi Youngling

Apr 27, 2002

If anyone has information about Ward 16, I'll trade it for info on Dole.

Ardo, WHAT is your problem?

What are you trading? Secrets of national security? It sure can't be insider knowledge on the opening day of a movie. You sound like your launching counter intelligence. Who's "Ward 16"? Your informant? "Dole" a code word?

Put away your lightsaber, chill out and have a coke. It's a MOVIE.

By the way, Ardo, you've been disavowed.

9. mac-nut

Apr 14, 2001
    ok, it's official; it's in the Friday Advertiser TGIF section. ADVANCE Tickets on sale NOW AT ALL SIGNATURE LOCATIONS, midnight showing on May16 @12:01 AM.

We're too small to rate a FF RSA; it's been covered. Guam still has to elect their CR. Tried to get a FF started in Saipan, but my contact moved. Emailed someone I know in Kwajalein, but haven't heard from them in months; perhaps he moved, too. We're too much ocean here in the Pacific, I guess.

Cossybear has been operating on 16 hour days, and I have been pretty close to 12 hour days. We'll probably schedule a picnic in June when school is out and maybe we'll get a break at work.

We're not planning to meet for the midnight showing because our spouses want their sleep, and we're still on those long days at the office. So, you guys hold up the standard for us at the midnight showing, please. My spouse and I will probably go after work on opening day.

I see nothing regarding Consolidated Theaters and Wallace Theaters. Dole Signature is the only certified Lucasfilm THX theatre in Hawaii, the Dole ad says. We only go to Dole because there's lots of parking and not as busy/crowded as Ward where Dave and Buster's patrons use up all the parking there. Also, we luv THX.

10. JarJarIsBoba

Sep 24, 2000
    Like mac-nut said, tickets are now selling at all Signature theaters. And there will also be a midnight showing at the Dole Cannery.

BUT...the showtimes for May 16-19 is pretty limited right now. Off the top of my head, the late afternoon/evening showings are 3:45pm, 7:00pm, and 9:15pm. There's more in the morning and early afternoon but I didn't remember what they were. They said it's because they're getting only 4 prints. If they can secure a 5th print later today (Friday) they will add more showtimes.

Since I'm bringing a group I will have to confer with them to either go to a 7pm showing or wait for a 5:30-6:00pm showing to be put on the board.

11. mac-nut

Apr 14, 2001
    We'll probably go to the 7 PM showing, since I don't get home from work until 6 PM. then we hafta fight the traffic all the way back to Dole. If you can go to the afternoon showing, there should be no lines, as school is still in session and most others are still at work.

When TPM came out, it showed all over the island and I think Dole had it on 5 screens. We were watching the 5 PM news with live coverage from Dole and there was no line, so we jumped in the car and got there for the 6 PM showing.

12. AquaRose

AquaRose Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    Darn you guys are lucky, my city does not have tickets avalible yet!

13. JarJarIsBoba

Sep 24, 2000
    Aquarose,

See?....you should've stayed in Hawaii! ;)

14. kamty

kamty Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2002
    Thanks for all the info! I unfortunately won't go until the weekend. Anybody planning on "dressing up" as a character?

15. mac-nut

Apr 14, 2001
    I'm not dressing up. I know Shoeless from AOTC SA forum is going as Indy Jones to the NYC showing; they're camping out in line. So are a few I know from the DFW FF in Dallas; they're already camping out in line. There are a couple of tekkies here who have the whole jedi outfit including their own laserswords; they made their own for about $200.00, I hear; quite the diehards.

16. JarJarIsBoba

Sep 24, 2000
    No dressing up for me. Although, I might bring my Art of AOTC and read the screenplay aloud before the movie starts. ;) Nah, jus joke! ******pelted with unbought TPM Jar-Jar figures******

17. JarJarIsBoba

Sep 24, 2000
    Here are the REAL showtimes for Dole Cannery on May 16:

12:01 midnight showing
    9:30am
    12:35pm
    3:45pm
    7:00pm
    10:15pm

I guess that 5th reel didn't come through yet.

18. AquaRose

Sep 6, 2001
    *sniff sniff* I wish I knew as much about my current town as my Grams knows about hers...

19. JarJarIsBoba

Sep 24, 2000
    Aquarose,

Where do you live? theforce.net is updated with new showtimes in different areas in the U.S. Check it out here.

20. AquaRose

Sep 6, 2001
    I live in the Santa Barbra area... nothing happens here.

21. JarJarIsBoba

Sep 24, 2000
    Where is Santa Barbara near to?

Here's the list for California:

AMC 30 at the Block (Orange, CA) - May 3rd, 3pm. Midnight Screening - YES (Kenneth & Kisu)
    AMC Fullerton 20 (CA) - May 3rd, 10am. Midnight Screening - YES (Jason & Darth Pallor)
    AMC 1000 Van Ness (San Francisco, CA) - May 3rd, morning. Midnight Screening - YES (Diego)
    AMC Mercado 20 (Santa Clara, CA) - May 3rd, 8.30am. Midnight Screening - YES (Sean)
    AMC Rolling Hills 20 (Torrance, CA) - May 3rd. Midnight Screening - YES (Dustin)
    AMC Media Center North 6 (Burbank, CA) - May 3rd (Sith Appati)
    AMC Promenade 16 (Woodland Hills, CA) - May 3rd (Jedimasta J)
    AMC Burbank 14 (Burbank, CA) - May 3rd. Midnight Screening - YES (Jedi Liz)
    Brenden Theaters (Vacaville, CA) - May 2nd (James)
    Brenden Theaters (Concorde, CA) - May 2nd. Midnight Screening - YES (Scalper)
    Mann Valley West (Tarzana, CA) - May 3rd, 11am. Midnight Screening - YES (Simon)
    Sony/Loews Metreon (San Francisco, CA) - May 9 (Jim)
    Pacific Town Square 14 (San Diego, CA) - May 9th (nike)
    Movies 8 (Yuba City, CA) - May 12th (Christina)
    AMC Palace 20 - Elmwood (Harahan, LA) - May 3rd, 10am. Midnight Screening - YES (Shaun)

The theaters near the bottom don't start selling until May 9 or later.

22. JarJarIsBoba

Sep 24, 2000
    I have secured 13 tickets for my group for the Dole Cannery on May 16 at 7:00pm!

And I am also going to the midnight premiere!

See you at either time!

23. AquaRose

Sep 6, 2001
    Lol, well my group decided we did not want to go to the Midnight showing, so we are going at 4.20 the next day... all 19 of use... I bought tickets today.

24. JarJarIsBoba

Sep 24, 2000
    Wow! And I thought MY group was BIG!

25. JarJarIsBoba

Sep 24, 2000
    Date Posted: 5/5 12:00am Subject: RE: AOTC Presale Tickets in Hawaii

Check it out up there! I'm the first one to post for today! :) Too bad I don't win anything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.