main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

AOTC reveals how Jedi disappear

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by BlueYoda, May 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matt_the_hutt

Matt_the_hutt Jedi Youngling

Jun 10, 2002
    Here is what I believe has happened, is happening, and will happen in the whole "disappearing Jedi" plotline:

The most powerful Jedi in the galaxy are Anakin, Yoda, Mace Windu, Qui Gon Jinn, and Obi-Wan Kenobi. When a Jedi (also I believe any other individual) dies in Star Wars, they become one with the Force. This parallels transcendenatalism's Oversoul and basic beliefs of Romanticism which run rampant throughout the saga. Only the most powerful Jedi are able to communicate after death. The disappearance issue is unrelated and only happens to "pure" powerful Jedi, such as Obi-Wan and Yoda. Anakin was in no way pure as he was seduced by the dark side. I believe Qui-Gon did not disappear because he was doing the wrong things for all the right reasons. I believe that Qui-Gon is "Sifo-Dyas" and orders the clones, under the guidance of his old master, Count Dooku, who he does not know is a Sith Lord. (Correct me if I'm wrong but doesnt Lama Su or Taun We directly say Sifo-Dyas is your master to Obi-Wan?) Also, he seems detatched from and disagreeable towards the Council. Although he meant well for the Republic in setting up the cloning and sending Anakin on his journey, he ultimately was helping the Dark Side, making it impossible for him to fade away.

Communication after death comes down to two factors - power with the Force and time spent as one with it. Qui-Gon was not as powerful as Anakin, Yoda, or later Obi-Wan so it took him 10 years to be able to send his voice. Most likely, by Episode III, he will be able to appear as a ghost. In ANH, Obi-Wan could not appear yet for he wasn't one with the Force for long enough, but he did communicate with Luke ("Run, Luke, run!") Only later was he able to become a ghost.

I think Boba Fett will kill Mace Windu accompanied by Anakin in Episode III as was said in this thread (haden't occured to me before - i though the boba/mace thing would end up not being tied together with anakin's fall) and when Mace dies, he will fade away, making it appear like he was "disintegrating," making the line is ESB between Vader and Boba make sense.

Seeing I'm new to these boards, I am mostly likely going to be ripped apart for contradictions and/or redundancy, so I apologize in advance. ~Just the musings of a simple-minded Hutt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.