main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Knox, TN AOTC showing on IMAX

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by K9-Rod, Aug 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K9-Rod

K9-Rod Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 26, 2002
    I have heard that somewhere Attack of the Clones is being shown in IMAX. I talked to the city rep of the Nashville FanForce chapter and he says they have talked about going to see it in September.

I am trying to find out more info so we could maybe meet with them and go see it both groups together.

If we can't get together on the same date we can still go see it....it will be a road trip.

I am still trying to get more details. I will keep posting as I find out more.

I would just liek to see a show of "hands" on who would be interested?

2. Jar Jar

Jar Jar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 1998
    Well, I don't see any information about this on the official site, on the official IMAX website or really anywhere else. I have to assume that in light of this there are no plans to do a release in the IMAX format, but perhaps it may happen later this year or next.

If you hear anything about it at all, please let me know. I am totally up for it but it just doesn't seem likely at this point. Man I hate internet rumors!

3. Padawan519

Padawan519 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 15, 2002
    Yeeeeyuh! I'd be in for this trip. Well, work and school considered :)

4. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    Well consider it official.. AOTC will be in IMAX! I saw it on Headline News not 10 minutes ago. :D

Hard to say exactly when it will be released yet, but the announcement was made appearantly on Monday that Episode 2 is to be converted to the IMAX format. It is set for release after Apollo 13 completes it's run. This is going to be an amazing event, so we should try to plan to make either the opening day or something close to that.

Hurray!

5. K9-Rod

K9-Rod Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 26, 2002
    According to the official site it will be released in IMAX on Nov 1st.

Road Trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    We in Atlanta are hoping to see AOTC on the IMAX screen here in November.

I think it would be terrific if your group and the Nashville folks got together. :)

7. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    I agree and I will try and talk to Nashville's FanForce regarding just such a meeting. I will see how it goes and let you guys know what I find out.

8. Padawan519

Padawan519 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 15, 2002
    I'm there, dude(s). I'll definitely go, if I can.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.