main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

AOTC Toys

Discussion in 'Archive: Quad Cities (old board)' started by zpac4, Jul 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zpac4

zpac4 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 23, 2002
    Have any of you opened up your Clones toys? I keep staring at mine and thinking how much more fun these look like than the original toys (as great as they were) and that maybe I should crack a few open. If you've opened yours, are they fun to play with? Have you bought two sets of figures?

2. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    I've opened my ships, but I've only opened 3 figures, 2 that were duplicates and 1 because well I just had to put the Obi-Wan pilot in the Jedi Starfighter! :D

I have realized that the Zam Speeder is a lot of fun to play with. It has detachable panels and the front ends are rubbery, so if you bang them into something, those front end scrunch up and the panels fly off. Definitely fun :)

3. Count_Looku

Count_Looku Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2002
    I have only bought ones to play with, I will never sell my toys so I will play with them. "an unplayed with R2 is an Unloved R2

4. Shara

Dec 4, 2000
    Hey now, I never plan on selling any of mine either. I dunno, I just don't see myself sitting and playing with my Star Wars toys a whole lot. Not saying I don't, just not a lot. And well I do have some toys that I just won't ever opened, like those that are worth a lot and that are autographed.

5. qcjedisteve

qcjedisteve Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 21, 2002
    Hey Zpac you can play with my toys!

6. qcJediJes

qcJediJes Jedi Youngling

Jul 24, 2002
    Sad to say, but I just haven't had the funds for collecting since I moved out. Haven't gotten ANYTHING since the Shmi wave back with POTJ. It kills me every time I walk into the stores and see all of those rows of figures I just don't have. *sniff*

I'm okay now, go on about your business.

7. Count_Looku

Jul 22, 2002
    Autographed is another story, but who can resist the "Deluxe Drops his Pants and bares his butt Jimmy Smitts (bail organa)" figure

8. QCJediLance

QCJediLance Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2002
    Just about everything of mine is out of the package. I have display stands with different scenes on them. It looks better and plus you can play with them (and my kids too sometimes when they are good. I've done models from the SW movies and my wife even lets me put them in the living room.

We should set up times to visit each others collections as a fan club activity.

Lance

9. QCJediTim

QCJediTim Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 21, 2002
    I have all of my toys still in the packages I want to get some of the ships and take them out of the packages they look better on stands. If i ever get any duplicate figures i will probably open them up.

But as far as my collection goes I treat my toys like China Dolls. They are handeled with extreme care. plus I have got my four nices and nephews that if they ever get up to were they can reach them and open one they will be in extreme trouble.

Besides I like them in the packages.

The Death Star has cleared the planet.

10. zpac4

Jul 23, 2002
    I haven't opened any of my AOTC figures as of this time, but the new Bespin Vader is screaming for me to crack him open. He even cuts stuff in half - heh heh. However, that Jorge Sacul will never be opened - unless someone shoots me and opens it themselves. By the way, THANK YOU CARI for your help w/ the site and in IN - very good time!

11. zpac4

Jul 23, 2002
    And Dudes, the next time you see a Bespin Luke, PLEASE GET ONE FOR ME!!!! Don't see like 20 and then tell me about it after I asked you to grab 1 4 me if you saw one. No wonder the Death Star got blown up so damned easilly.

12. Shara

Dec 4, 2000
    Also, guys, although you all probably get figures before we do (it moves West to East), if you ever need any figures and I cna find them and you can't, feel free to ask and I'll be more than happy to bring them. I anticipate a trip back to consult Darlene on a Dorme costume, anyways :)

13. QCJediLance

QCJediLance Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2002
    Hey the wal-mart over here in davenport and the super target both have the bespin luke and Darth Vader.

14. Count_Looku

Jul 22, 2002
    Is it the bloody stump luke?

15. zpac4

Jul 23, 2002
    Bloody stump Luke's there are, Looku. Bought one, I did.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.