main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

**AOTC ULTIMATE SURVIVOR**

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Ulic_Qel_Droma, May 31, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Lite

Jedi_Lite Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    Bail, we'd like to keep it in the AOTC forum. And have not just the OT characters, but characters from all 5 movies. Ulic is, I presume, in the process of contacting a mod to see if we could keep it in this forum.

It would be a lame survivor (to keep the lamest characters on the board the LONGEST). The winner would hold the title of "Lamest Character In the SW Universe".

I think we're all through with picking cool characters. Heh.

2. JediMaster_Jabon

JediMaster_Jabon Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 4, 2002
    Cool, I'm hired, what I can do some of the vote counts of the rounds.
    These are some great idea's especcialy the pics.

3. Ulic_Qel_Droma

Ulic_Qel_Droma Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 26, 2002
    There will most likley be quite a bit of work for everyone involved. including vote counts round updates and just genral orginization to make it work.

4. ~JAR-JAR-BINKS~

~JAR-JAR-BINKS~ Jedi Youngling

Sep 9, 1999
    I'd like to get involved if at all possible... I also agree with pictures being used, people will know who they are voting for. Lamest seems like a good idea, what's the latest on making it all of the Star Wars movies? (what did the mod say)

MTFBWY
    JJ

5. JediMaster_Jabon

Jun 4, 2002
    I'll do what I can.

6. Ulic_Qel_Droma

Mar 26, 2002
    I spoke to Griffz and he said if we use Characters from all the Star Wars series it is better suited to the Misc forum. The problem with that is we obviously wont be able to use the same thread and the traffic will be much smaller. We havn't even sorted the specifics of the new survivor yet so we will see how it goes.

7. Jedi_Lite

Jun 2, 2002
    Well, you've already created a massively successful thread here -- so maybe the new one can be in the Misc. Forum and aimed at the true diehards in this thread. Lots of people sound pretty enthused about it.

Perhaps you will have to all but retire this thread. On the bright side, the new survivor will have lots of characters, should take a long time to complete (longer than this one), and just might be as successful as the AOTC Survivor when all is said and done. It just needs to be marketed and carried out properly. A team of about 8 people should do nicely. There have been about that many volunteers already.

8. Eriwo_Jolon

Eriwo_Jolon Jedi Youngling star 2

May 27, 2002
    This one and the Misc forum are the two I spend the most time in, so it's no problem for me if we have to go there.

9. JediMaster_Jabon

Jun 4, 2002
    We should advertise here and mention when it will be, so we will have a better chance of having a bigger group.

10. Razorback

Razorback Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 2, 2001
    I rarely travel from this forum... but I guess I could venture into the Misc board.

RB

11. MushroomHead

MushroomHead Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2002
    Well who'da thunk it?
    OBI as the *booming voice* Ultimate Survivor.

A couple of ideas,

with the Lamest Survivor, it would have to be from all of the films thus far, including all extras and lame characters, I guess they can all be found on the credits at the end of the film, so you might end up with final of pitdroid vs. Stormtrooper #2 from ESB.

The only problem with a lame survivor is that where do you draw the line, C3PO is lame but is also a major role, whereas Wedge isn't such a huge role but he isn't quite so lame?

The other option would be just to do the Mega Ultimate survivor with all characters from films etc. and if you want your favourite "lame" pit droid to win then just vote for him to stay which will end up with the sme net effect as the lame survivor game.

I had also thought an Extended Survivor would be a good idea with characters from the films pitted against those pesky EU counterparts and characters?
    a final of EU-Luke vs. Luke who is better??

The final thing was is there any way of making the voting easier to tally? I had thought you could use the polls system but as you are only allowed 10 options on each I doubt it would be feasible.
    Perhaps when people want to cast a vote, they could place the name in the subject box as it would make it easier to find. I know people always stick to the thread title but it doesn't have to be so.

"One more thing" I would like to be placed as deputy chief overlord and general soopah doopah management type guy in charge of UPping and underlings.
    kind of has a nice ring to it.

12. Red-Eye-Jedi

Red-Eye-Jedi Jedi Youngling

May 30, 2002
    That is a very valid point mushroom head but how could u possibly be hapier than luke or luke winning the lamest charector contest

13. Ulic_Qel_Droma

Mar 26, 2002
    I have started writing up the new survivor. The list is Huge with a lot of lame characters, the only problem is that people will be voting for lame characters that are not quite as lame as other characters. Im not entirely sure it will work. any ideas to make it work well are welcome.

14. Jedi_Lite

Jun 2, 2002
    Love will find a way, Ulic. Love will find a way.

15. JediMaster_Jabon

Jun 4, 2002
    We just need to hype it up on this board, plus we could use a date for when it is so we can start planning for it and get everything ready.

16. JediMaster_Jabon

Jun 4, 2002
    Is this thread dead?

17. Jedi_Lite

Jun 2, 2002
    No. It will likely be used to fill in the details for the next Survivor game.

18. Jedi_Lite

Jun 2, 2002
    I found this on Page 9. I was just wondering if anyone had anything to say. How's the new game coming along, Ulic?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.