main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

April 2 ROTS merchandise mayhem!

Discussion in 'Archive: Idaho Falls, ID' started by Oscar_the_Gungan, Mar 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oscar_the_Gungan

Oscar_the_Gungan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 1, 2001
    Holy crap! This is coming up quicker than I imagined. I haven't heard any specific retailer plans yet. This is on a weekend so we could plan a get together for it. I'm not sure what I'd like to get, probably a couple of ROTS LEGO sets and the cross sections book.

2. Ariadnae1

Ariadnae1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2003
    Hey, April 2 is my birthday. How special am I????

You all are jealous, aren't you??

I don't know what I will buy, but I will get something. Just depends what tickles my fancy.

3. Jealously_Guarded

Jealously_Guarded Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 12, 2004
    As I am sure other people know, Walmart has the ROTS preview figures, EXCEPT GREIVOUS. Now which one of you bought up all of him?

4. dead_jedi666

dead_jedi666 Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2005
    When attack of the clones toys came out I went to walmart at midnight to be one of the first ones to get my hands on the toys. I think there was only 12 people there and they had the toy aisle all taped off. It was kinda neat.
    I was wondering if anyone here was planning on doing something similar this time?

5. Jealously_Guarded

Oct 12, 2004
    Toys R Us will be doing something special, and Doug will have his 501st gang (and friends) out to show.

6. Oscar_the_Gungan

Jan 1, 2001
    I talked to the Rexburg Wal_mart today. They are hoping to have a ton of stuff on Apr. 2. She said to call her on Monday and she will know how much. No plans for a midnight sale though.

7. dead_jedi666

Mar 10, 2005
    What is the world is "his 501st gang (and friends) out to show." Sounds kind of cryptic.
    And to Ariadnae1, you are special.
    =D=
    The attack of the clones toys were released on MY birthday 3 years ago! So, I too am special. But how can it be that 2 people that post here have had birthdays when star wars toys were released...is this a coincidence or a conspiracy?
    hmmm..... :confused:

8. Jealously_Guarded

Oct 12, 2004
    Celebration 2 occurred right on my birthday last time. I felt pretty special. [face_peace]

As for what Doug's 501st gang is doing... it is hopefully at the local walmart, not Toys R Us, my bad. And you'll have to show up on the 2nd to find out. Doug is keeping a few things secret even from his fellow costumers, including me.

9. dead_jedi666

Mar 10, 2005
    Oooh, that sounds intriguing! Do you know which Wal-Mart it'll be? I just might have to drive up there to see the fun!

10. jedi5150

jedi5150 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 4, 2000
    Hi Gang, Doug here,

Just to fill you all in on the activities of April 2, we (local 501st members) will be appearing at the NEW Idaho Falls Walmart on Utah street. Tentative hours are 9am-5pm both days. Characters in attendance will include Darth Vader, at least 2 stormtroopers (possibly as many as 4 or 5), a TIE fighter pilot, X-Wing pilots, and more! All screen-accurate!

Details are still sketchy. Walmart management is still outlining the details of what they want to occur. I met again with Walmart management on Friday, and they're still ironing things out. There may be free photo ops with Star Wars characters (us), and more. There are things that LFL has worked out with Walmart, the details of which I really don't know a lot about. I can say this: This may indeed be the LARGEST promotion of this type Walmart corp has EVER seen.

That's really ALL I know for now. Our presence has been requested, and we're happy to oblige. I'll be happy to report back here when I have more details.

Feel free to email me at idaho@alpinegarrison.com if you'd like more info.

Oh and if you don't know what the 501st is, check out:

www.501st.com
    www.alpinegarrison.com

Doug

11. Jealously_Guarded

Oct 12, 2004
    Ladies and gentlemen, for the record, I suck at humor. One of my above posts is a example thereof and I injured someone. Therefore I request it be totally ignored and never viewed again. I have settled the matter privately, and NEVER let it be said that I ignore debts. Thank you for your time.

12. jedi5150

jedi5150 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 4, 2000
    Thanks Barry

13. RABIDJAWA

RABIDJAWA Jedi Youngling star 2

May 20, 2002
    So is the soundtrack coming out too? Cuz I'd like to pick that up.

14. dead_jedi666

Mar 10, 2005
    jedi5150, thanks for posting those websites!
    Also, does everyone who posts here a part of the 501st?
    And which characters will be represented at walmart? I know I'll have to bring my camera, just in case...
    Tomorrow...TOYS!

15. dead_jedi666

Mar 10, 2005
    Okay, I bought obi-wan kenobi, anakin skywalker, darth vader, and a clone trooper. And they do look good in their packages, but I'm having a hard time displaying them. They keep on falling over. :( At least with the phantom menace toys they had stands. Don't the designers of these toys play with them? Or are you not supposed to take them out of their packages? I know I'm too old to play with them, but still...come on!

.....my rant for the day.....

16. Jealously_Guarded

Oct 12, 2004
    Dead Jedi,
    Everyone who posts here is a member of Fanforce, the over-umbrella club for all fans of all fandom tastes be it collecting or reading or costumes. Anyone can join.
    The 501st is a costume only club. Have to have a suit to get in. On this board thats Doug and me (and I am still on temp status). The rest of the 501st posts on the www.alpinegarrison.com website. I am a full member of the Rebel Legion, also a costume only club.

Now today at Walmart, the 501st et al were able to field FOUR stormtroopers, THREE X Wings, one Vader, and one Maul (with miscellaneous jedi kids thrown in). Got to stand and take pics for EIGHT HOURS (well not me cause I showed up late), and great news is we get to do the whole thing again tomorrow. But walmart must have taken 200+ pics. Next stop is the museum and EDWARDS! Woo hoo. HAve to take the jawa out for another spin.

17. QUIGONJINN02

QUIGONJINN02 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2003
    What did everyone end up with after the Madness?

18. Jedi-Nads

Jedi-Nads Jedi Youngling

Mar 1, 2005
    at midnight, april 2nd, for a short time wal-mart was the mecca of the universe. i really liked it when the idaho falls stars alliance showed up in costume:) that was great!

i got what i needed. grievous unleashed, anakin starfighter lego set, and of course, i couldn't forget the boba fett/dengar and grievous/obi-wan galactic heroes. that aayla sekura sure is a sneeky one. couldn't seem to find her anywhere.

anyway, i'm satisfied that i still have money to eat for c3.

19. RABIDJAWA

RABIDJAWA Jedi Youngling star 2

May 20, 2002
    Held back quite a bit. I got the Unleashed figures and a Mace Windu. I figure there's plenty of time to pick up the rest of the stuff I'd like.

20. nordicgal

nordicgal Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    I bought 2 sets of the Galactic Heroes (I think that's what they're called). These are the sets of figures that are small, and the figures look out of proportion, like caricatures (i.e., big heads and feet). I got C3-PO/Chewbacca and Jawa/Sand-Person.

These were already on the pegs at Wal-Mart when we got there, so they were not a part of the April 2 release stuff. Later I plan on getting some Wookiee and Yoda action figures.

(Gotta spread out the spending!!) :)

21. Oscar_the_Gungan

Jan 1, 2001
    I mostly got Lego stuff and some books.
    The Lego sets I bought were the General Grievous Chase, ARC-170 fighter, Darth Vader Transformation and the AT-RT.
    I also picked up the Cross Sections book and the visual dictionary.

22. spiralpadawan

spiralpadawan Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 1, 2005
    My haul included the lego Darth Vader change set, the ROTS kids picture book (that my 8yo is starting tonight!), and some figures... Yoda, Darth Vader, and Chewy (Ellie, 4yo, wants to marry Chewy). Oh and I got one of the game sets too... BIG hit here.

I still have more Legos on my list but you know funds and all.

23. Ariadnae1

Ariadnae1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2003
    I picked up a chewie and yoda along with a puzzle of anakin and vader. toys rock!!

24. Jedi-Nads

Jedi-Nads Jedi Youngling

Mar 1, 2005
    has anyone noticed the yoda figure with the 'rosanne barr crotch grab' pose?

25. spiralpadawan

spiralpadawan Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 1, 2005
    you know when I gave Yoda to my oldest son his comment was "mom.... what's he doing?????" I just acted like I didn't notice and opened the package. lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.