main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Are Clone Wars and Rebels canon?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi_Lantern, Oct 12, 2013.

1. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    I thought the Holiday Special was considered pretty much stricken from any kinda canon? IIRC GL said that if he had the power to track down every last copy on earth, and destroy it, he would.

2. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Here are my personal canon levels.

"Real" Star Wars Universe: Stuff I like

Alternate Star Wars Universe: Stuff I don't like

lbr789 and Darth_Pevra like this.
  3. TheOneX_Eleazar

TheOneX_Eleazar Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 24, 2013
    Haha, I go with everything that I think should be F-cannon is F-cannon. The Holiday Special is number 1 on the list. I don't have a good enough memory of the Ewok movies, I was like 5 when I saw them, to know if I would put them in F-cannon or not.

I guess I should specify what I mean by involvement. I don't consider just approving something, or demanding a change to be involvement. When I say that I mean he actually worked with the person to develop part or all of the story.

I should also clarify there are always exceptions to the rule, and if there is a piece or work I really like and think fits within what Lucas has established even if he wasn't involved I would put it on the G2 level.

4. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    My guess is that the James Luceno books, set around the time of the prequels, may have had such involvement- Labyrinth of Evil (sets up events for Episode III, and shows Palpatine's kidnapping), Cloak of Deception, and Darth Plagueis (both lead in to Episode I) spring to mind.

5. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    I think the idea is that The Holiday Special is canon in the sense that the events, "happened," and the characters created in the special exist. It's just that the canon events that happened didn't happen in a completely stupid and cheap way.

6. Darth Kickass

Darth Kickass Jedi Master star 3

Aug 3, 2013
    I think the answer to this question is about as relative as it gets.

TheOneX_Eleazar likes this.
  7. kubricklynch

kubricklynch Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2012
    It depends on if the makers of the ST and spin off films are concerned with not contradicting TCW and Rebels. Somehow that seems unlikely to me.

8. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    If Lucas is still involved with the ST - having given them the basic treatment - I could see him wanting them to not retcon TCW completely out of existence.

9. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    In Dave Filoni's interview from NYCC, he stated that Rebels, is drawing from Lucas notes, plus Kasdan, Kinberg, and Hidalgo are involved with Rebels.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  10. CommanderDrenn

CommanderDrenn Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 19, 2013
    Well, it is, just minus Darth Maul.