main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art of the Starfighter @ WRHS event - UPDATE

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by Krash, Feb 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Just so there is some place where everyone can start discussing the details of this trip to the Western Reserve Historical Society.

Everyone, I'd like to introduce (for the new people) jedi_master_sal...my counterpart in this multi-fanforce event. I've been keeping all the other Ohio CRs updated on what's goin on...and some of us met Terry (Rox) when we were in Pittsburgh.

EDIT: As we've attracted more Fanforce chapters...not to mention added a second date! I'd like to welcome our friends from R2-Detroit and introduce MiraxTHorn...Event Coordinator of Detroit!

2. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    Blast, I sit duty that night... hopefully I can be back at JCU by 9:00 PM. (Cause we were talking about going to dinner afterwards) But I don't think that should be a problem.

3. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Shouldn't be too much of a problem. Don't forget, these people have a 2.5 hour drive back home (that same day)

4. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    My teacher has been asking me when we were going to come up. I finally told him. I think either he wants to meet you guys, have me bug him, or give us a short tour of the place. I dunno what.

5. corran_16201

corran_16201 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2000
    Hi guys,

I'm from the Pittsburgh FF and was curious being the ever broke teenager how much the admission is to Art of the Starfighter?

Hope to meet you all on the 5th

6. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    I'm glad you asked...because I've been in contact with WRHS's group sales coordinator. And here's the prices:

(Groups of 15-up)
    $6.50 Adults
    $5.50 Senior (not high school...senior citizens)
    $4.00 Kids (aka MOST of Pittsburgh FF)

If, by some kind of "jedi purge" we don't end up with 15 people...add $1 to everything. Again, I don't think that's going to be a problem.

7. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Krash, we'll (Pittsburgh FF) will need to know when you want us up there. We are planning on leaving from a staging point here in Pennsylvania that's about 1 1/2 hours from you, but we'll be leaving about 2 hours actually before you want us there in case of traffic, road conditions, construction etc. Please let us know as soon as you can.

Example: you want us there at noon. we will then be meeting at Terry/Rox's place at 9 am then leaving at 10 am to get there by noon.

Have you all picked out a place for us to eat as well. Nothing too swanky, but please no McDonalds or something on that order.

On a personal note, where are the toy stores/wal marts/ targets/comic shops.

I'm "jones'in" for SW toys and wouldn't might going on a "hunt" for them up there. Would any of your chapters members be willing to show me around the city on a toy run?

8. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    I talked to my teacher and he said that he wants us to bug him if we are up for it and have time. [face_devil]

$6.50 isn't too bad.

9. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Noon sounds like a good time (doesn't have Pittsburgh on the road at the crack of dawn, gives us plenty of time to hang out)...let's go with that!

As far as dining choices, there are a couple options we could go with: find a place near the museum (we're investigating)...or go to one of the popular areas (outside downtown) where we can go "toy-hunting" with you.

How many people are coming from Pittsburgh? and Cleveland(let me know guys)? So I can have discount priced tickets waiting for us!

10. Anrev_the_Jedi

Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 14, 2002
    Is anyone coming in costume? The reason I ask this is I need to film extras for our film Rite of Passage and would LOVE to film some of you. It would be VERY simple to do. I just need ppl walking and general padestrian traffic. We would set up a blue screen outside and just have you walk past the camera in costume. In fact I will bring some of ours so that ppl that dont have costumes and want to do this can borrow ours. If you interested you can post here or PM me. This will only take about 1 hour to do, so dont worry about time. Hope to see you all there!

Now I just need to remember to get that day off of work :)

11. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Coventry isn't too far away from University Circle... plus there are plenty of dining places there, and the nostalgic Big Fun, which has plenty of oldskool toys. I dunno much about any of the places there, just that it might be a convenient place for both food and toys.

12. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    Sounds fun! :D

13. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    There isn't squat within walking distance of this place when it comes to places to eat. Unless you count Rally Burger.

14. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    I know we talked about "The Winking Lizard" in Coventry...across from Big Fun (they've got tons of old SW toys). I can call and ask what their policy is about the "younglings" (both groups have members under 18). Considering it's a full-service restaurant, I can't imagine them having a problem with us, especially in the middle of a Saturday!

15. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    Oooo! I love the Lizard! :D

16. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    There's a really dirty joke in there somewhere, too bad these are family boards. :_|

17. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    LMAO @ Don!!! [face_laugh]

18. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
  19. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    I will be kind of hard to go "toy-hunting" around here because we usually are dry unless a new wave is suppose to come out and even then it is dry with old things. But it can't hurt to try.

20. JediCandii

JediCandii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2002
    I won't be coming. I'm in Columbus that entire weekend with Key Club for District Convention :(. Take good pictures for me, Cindy!

21. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    Sorry you can't come. :(

Don't worry, I will. :)

22. JediCandii

Jul 23, 2002
    I knew you would.

23. JediCandii

Jul 23, 2002
    I just went to this really cool restaurant last weekend. I don't know if you would want to go there after though, because it's not that close to WRHS (it's in Parma). But, if you are interested, it's called the Rib Cage. It's on Broadview Rd., right by Snow. The prices aren't that bad, and they have the best cheese fries I've ever tasted. :).

24. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    I don't think they'll have a problem with driving from WRHS to the suburbs (as close to their route home as possible I-77/480 area). Some of them want to check out some of the local toy stores, and I mentioned "Big Fun" in Coventry. We know there's not a whole lot of options in University Circle area...so coming back down to the Parma/Rockside area won't be a problem.

"Winking Lizard" Coventry?
    Damon's (Independence)?
    Rib Cage (Parma) if they can hold 15-20 people?
    Other options???

And depending on where we go, that will influence where we can go "toy hunting" with them. Toys R Us, Wal-Mart, and Target is easily excessible from 480...so there is that possibility.

25. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    Any of those places sound like fun to eat.

And toy shopping! Yeah! :D

I'm looking forward to it. I don't think I officially said to count me in, so

Count me in. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.