main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ask Artie!

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by Artie-Deco, Jul 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Horror_Express

Horror_Express Jedi Master star 1

Apr 19, 2002
    Hi,

I've spent some time skimming and reading the posts in this thread, and I didn't see the following question asked or answered: What the heck is the Coruscant expansion icon? When the set first came out, I believed it to be the design in the center of the High Council Chamber of the Jedi Temple, but I've since compared it to said design, and it varies considerably. Could it just be a design based on the council floor? I own a SCRYE 2003 CCG checklist/price guide, and it says the symbol is just a nonsymbolic curlicue. Is it, perhaps, just a circular center with orbit paths drawn around it, a symbolic way of saying that Coruscant is the center of the (civilized) galaxy?

I've been curious about this for a while. Thanks much in advance.

2. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    I've always assumed it was the floor design on the Jedi Council Chamber.

3. Artie-Deco

Artie-Deco Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 23, 2001
    I have no idea!! :D

You're right about one thing, though, it is not the floor of the Jedi Council Chamber. You can tell just by looking at the card image for the chamber:

[image=http://www.decipher.com/starwars/cardlists/coruscant/light/images/coruscantjedicouncilchamber.jpg]

Similar, but not the same design. So I am inclined to believe the SCRYE article you mention: it's just a random design, probably designed to be reminiscent of either the Jedi Council Chamber, the Galactic Senate, or both.

4. Horror_Express

Horror_Express Jedi Master star 1

Apr 19, 2002
    Ah, leave it to meticulous me to overcomplicate things. Bib was right, as was my first instinct. The symbol is the center of the council floor. I was reading Cloak of Deception earlier, and it mentioned the floor and how it was a series of concentric circles. It's the innermost circle, which you can barely see in the Jedi Council Chamber card because Qui-Gon and company are standing over most of it. ^_^ Thanks, guys.

EDIT: It's not really visible to the naked eye in the decipher.com scan. It is easy to tell with the actual card. Thanks again. :)

5. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Ah yes! I see it now! Sneaky.

6. Artie-Deco

Artie-Deco Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 23, 2001
    No, sorry, I have to disagree with you. Here's another card that gives a better picture of the floor of the Council Chamber:

[image=http://www.decipher.com/youngjedi/cardlists/menaceofdarthmaul/dark/images/136coruscantjedicouncil.gif]
    (click for a larger image)

The Coruscant expansion icon is similar to the pattern on the floor, and is probably meant to represent it, but it is not exactly the same.

7. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Hmm, so that does beg the question of what the icon is, then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.