main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Atlanta Chapter is now official!

Discussion in 'Archive: Atlanta, GA' started by Hama, Jul 2, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    Congratulations to all involved in making Atlanta a successful chapter! As decided in your mailing list, Mandy is now your CR, so be sure to congratulate her!

Be sure to check out the Chapter Name nomination thread and help pick out your group's name!

2. Joanzia

Joanzia Former FF Staff star 3 VIP

Oct 18, 2000
    Congrats, Atlanta!!! :) Great job!!

Emperor_Joanzia is well pleased with the progress you have made. ;)

3. Jace Darkrider

Jace Darkrider Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 1998
    Yipee!! Congrats to everyone here for getting our group going! This is fantastic. We did this in little over a month if you think about it. Now we just need that name...

Congrats to Mandy as well! Now we just gotta figure out how we want to organize ourselves.

4. elanrai

elanrai Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 6, 2000
    Congratz Atlanta!! Good to see the next chapter taking form in the South Region. I wish you all the best!!

Also, congratz Mandy!!

5. RosieWook

RosieWook Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 5, 2000
    Thanks for the help in moving us along, Hama. But I think most of the applause belongs to Jace and Minacia who have been our chief cheerleaders and bottlewashers.

Dang...what ARE we going to call ourselves?

6. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    Thanks for the congratulations, everyone!

I'd like to thank Hama for helping us out as we've gotten organized.

I'd also like to thank Ian and Paula for having the gumption to set up our very first meeting. I'm glad I happened to stumble upon you guys before that first meeting took place. It's been great being with the group from the very beginning. :)

We do need to come up with a name for our chapter. Ian posted some very good ideas to our mailing list. Perhaps I should cut and paste them to the chapter names thread.

We've got much organization and planning to do, especially with Dragon*Con approaching. We'll try to get our act together for those of you who will be visiting Atlanta for the Con. ;)

Thanks again, everyone! :)

7. Nillanator

Nillanator Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 9, 2001
    Way to go Atlanta!!!! Glad to see another southern city getting organized. Gee if only more people could find interest in the Little Rock area I would be happier. ;)

I plan on going to DragonCon with a group of friends and hope to meet some of you there.

8. RosieWook

RosieWook Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 5, 2000
    I suspect that once the Episode II trailer gets released, you'll be seeing a lot more enthusiasm from your area. We look forward to meeting you at DragonCon.

9. Rabe'

Rabe' Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 1, 2000
    Congrats ATL Chapter and Mandy! :)

10. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
  11. jyaack

jyaack Jedi Youngling

Jul 8, 2001
    Very glad to hear that the ATL has finally received a formal gathering of SW fans! As a newbie (out of the Marietta area, just a stones throw away) was wondering how to go about getting on a mailing list and attending chapter meetings and the whatnot. Hope to hear from yall soon!

12. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    Welcome! :D

Our next meeting is on Sat., July 21st, at the Dave & Busters off I-75. If you need directions, or any further information, post here, or send an e-mail to minacia@fanforce.net.

You can join our mailing list by surfing on over to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AtlantaFanForce

I hope to see you at our next meeting! :)

13. CableDetached

CableDetached Jedi Master

Jun 4, 2001
    Hey- its me Wade - my password finally arrived today so I thought I'd post my first message here.

14. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    Hey Wade! Love the username! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.