main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Atmospheric dogfight over Geonosis

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Damillster, Dec 12, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Darkseid

Lord_Darkseid Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 3, 2001
    My apologies Damillster.

This has the potential to veer wildly off your original topic and I hadn't considered that when I posted. My enthusiasm and excitement for the revelations coming out here got the better of me.

Probably should have posted my summary in another (or new) thread.

2. Raz Zaphon

Raz Zaphon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2000
    Yep, you definately didn't read the spoilers.

Ok, they're not going to be fighting the Picadors. As it turns out, they're actualy fighting the Reek, Acklay and Nexu. Now while the chains to leave them room to move around for entertainment purposes, the main goal of our heros at that time will be to free themselves to get out of that arena. So in summary:

Heros enter arena.
    Geonosians chain them to poles.
    Heros evade beasts.
    Beasts cut chains by accident.

3. Lord_Darkseid

Jul 3, 2001
    Thanks for straightening me out Raz.

How do they evade the beasts attacks when their chained so tightly, arms overead, on the columns. There doesn't appear to be any slack to those chains in the "Mystery" trailer.

4. Jedi Chikara

Jedi Chikara Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 1999
    I'm pretty sure SI cryptically revealed some of this info you're looking for. Definitely check out the Chain Gang thread. I'm too lazy to look for it myself, though. :) :p

5. Grilled-Sarlacc

Grilled-Sarlacc Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 19, 2001
    Raz,...

...you're wrong on this one. Look at the Mystery trailer again slowly. Anakin and Padme go out to the arena in chains.

BTW, cool icon.

6. Vanda

Vanda Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2000
    How is he wrong? When did he say that they didn't enter the arena in chains?

7. Grilled-Sarlacc

Jul 19, 2001
    Vanda, on the page prior to this, Raz says...

You obviously didn't watch the Mystery Trailer, nor did you read the spoilers that came out before it.

They weren't just tied up when brought into the arena, they were actualy brought in un-chained, and then tied to poles (as seen in the myster trailer). There's no point in tying them to a pole if they're going to be unchained strait away.

Now don't get me wrong, I am a big Raz fan. But I also will point out mistakes to those I respect.

Take care, GS

8. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    Everything sounds fantastic!!!!

I just want to know one thing. Where did you guys hear about the the dogfight?????? Can anyone cite the actual website and date and even possibly a link to the spy report to this???

And also, if a dogfight does indeed occur as you guys say it will, is it going to take up alot of screen time like the one in ROTJ did??? Or will we just get a couple of quick shots of it reminding us that it is happening???

9. Raz Zaphon

Raz Zaphon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2000
    Whether or not they were brought in chained full stop was not my point. My point is that they weren't brought in chained to the poles.

10. Vanda

Vanda Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2000
    Cool GS. I only went back to Raz's last post and there wasn't anything contradictory there.

11. Grilled-Sarlacc

Jul 19, 2001
    Ooooooh, well why didn't you say so?

:D

12. Damillster

Damillster Jedi Master star 4

Jul 24, 2000
    "My apologies Damillster.

This has the potential to veer wildly off your original topic and I hadn't considered that when I posted."

No apology needed. Good threads should grow like this...even if they spiral off a bit. That's part of what makes discussion so exciting! I'm really enjoying this.

D

13. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Yeah, the Chain Gang thread was possibly the greatest thread I've ever had the pleasure of participating in [face_mischief] :D .

14. jedibri

jedibri Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2000
    Here's hopeing we get to see a good "dogfight" :) . I think the last great space "dogfight" was ANH. ROTJ was ok but to me it fell short. TPM was a joke as far as "dogfights" go. So I hope we get a GREAT one. Come George baby!!!!!!

15. Lord_Darkseid

Jul 3, 2001
    Thanks guys for turning me on to the Chain Gang thread. ECHO_BASE upped it and I've learned a few new things.

I still don't see any reason to discount my feeling that PADME and the JEDI will be intentionally released from their chains (as opposed to broken free by some clumsy act.)

16. Echo_Base

Echo_Base Jedi Youngling star 3

May 15, 2001
    What I want to know is, do the walking TF fighters convert into flying mode?
    And if so, wouldnt it be cool if a Jedi or two was hanging on for dear life.... [face_mischief]

17. Echo_Base

May 15, 2001
    Count Dooku; "Then im sorry, old friend. You will be destroyed."

Makes the betrayal all the sweeter, dont it...

18. PLO--KOON

PLO--KOON Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2001
    Who said that Echo?

19. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    Count Dooku says it PLO. But to whom? Probably Yoda or Obi-Wan. My bet is on Yoda.

20. 2002

2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2001
    i havent heard of that line before but if it is real then i'm fairly certain its prolly said after yoda utters "No interest in contests, do I have.

21. Taun_We

Taun_We Jedi Master star 3

May 22, 2001
    Posted by AL in another thread sometime ago:

Yeah, wasn't this where Mace tells Dooku that the Jedi are not going to be pawns in Dooku's little game to which Dooku replies: "Then you will die!"

I am paraphrasing the dialogue immensely as I have not seen the actual lines, I don't think.

That might be it.

22. HL&S

Oct 30, 2001
    Very possible Taun We.

23. Askaak

Askaak Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 4, 2000
    That sounds about right.

24. Echo_Base

May 15, 2001
    Dooku is talking to Mace in the arena. Its when the last of the Jedi are backed into a corner by the Battle Droids.

25. HL&S

Oct 30, 2001
    Strange. I was under the impression that as soon as the Jango / Mace fight begins, Dooku starts his getaway. So Dooku actually stays during the Jedi versus Droids battle? Is he still in the arena box with the Senators?

We need to get somethings straight here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.