main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Atmospheric dogfight over Geonosis

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Damillster, Dec 12, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thodge

Thodge Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 24, 2001
    I don't think he will be sitting alone in the VIP box, maybe he will be sitting beside some well-known characters or just some geonosians.

So when the huge sequences are finished and the scene where Bail, JarJar and friends are surveying the battle scene, they see a little boy walk out to the middle of the empty arena where his father's decapitated body is and picks up Jango's helmet?

2. 2002

2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2001
    "So when the huge sequences are finished and the scene where Bail, JarJar and friends are surveying the battle scene, they see a little boy walk out to the middle of the empty arena where his father's decapitated body is and picks up Jango's helmet?"

no bail and jar jar and them are overlookin the clones loadin up. they arent lookin over the battle scenes. they dont even go to geonosis.

3. Padme Bra

Padme Bra Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 2, 1999
    Quote:
    "a little boy walk out to the middle of the empty arena where his father's decapitated body is and picks up Jango's helmet?"

Ew, that's creepy. And this movie's going to get a PG? How does one get a head out of a helmet anyway, just shake it?

4. Shut-It

Shut-It Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 7, 2001
    How to get a decapitated head from a helmet:
    Yeah, you kind of shake it but just let gravity to its thing.
    You know those frozen orange juice mixes in the can? You have to add water to them and let them defrost?
    Before you do that part, you have to kind of hold the open can out and let the frozen orange stuff just kind of ooze out.
    Well, thats how you get a head out of a helmet.

5. PLO--KOON

PLO--KOON Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2001
    After reading all 100 sum posts here is what I think. I think the panning thing would be cool like follow Ki and Plo's ship around and then right under them you see Padme and Ani fighting. Also I have a question, do all the Jedi have the same fighter like Obi-Wans? I hope not that is what made ROTJ star battle good it had a verity of ships I think there should be 3 different types in there. Also how do Ki and Plo get on the control ship I don?t think the federation would just let them land in it but how do they get in?

6. Thodge

Thodge Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 24, 2001
    "no bail and jar jar and them are overlookin the clones loadin up. they arent lookin over the battle scenes. they dont even go to geonosis."

Ahhh, okay. I always thought they appeared at the end. You learn something new about EP2 everyday I guess.

"Ew, that's creepy. And this movie's going to get a PG? How does one get a head out of a helmet anyway, just shake it?"

I was speaking of the last pic in the storyboards, where it shows his just helmet rolling or something.

7. Vanda

Vanda Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2000
    Ahhh, okay. I always thought they appeared at the end. You learn something new about EP2 everyday I guess.

They DO appear at the end of the film...but not at Geonosis. They are on a balcony on Coruscant with Palpatine watching all the clones load onto the Republic Military Cruisers to be shipped to all corners of the galaxy (kinda like what we saw in the trailer ;) )...

8. Raz Zaphon

Raz Zaphon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2000
    Ki-Adi and Plo don't attack the Control Ships from Starfighters, they attack in by boarding it from the ground.

9. Jedi Chikara

Jedi Chikara Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 1999
    Yeah, the whole sequence is gonna kick ass! :D

There are quite a lot of parked control ships on the ground as well. You see the clones (or should I say stormtroopers ;)) attacking them I believe. Or as SI says it, "blowing **** up!".

Oh yeah and Damillster, when I said that SI was really looking forward to this bit I was refering to the clones attacking the droids and control ships, not the aerial dogfight. Although, I'd be surprised if he wasn't looking forward to this too, even if we don't see as much of it as people seem to think we may.

10. bleh19

bleh19 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 24, 2001
    The way I take it, the "dogfight" will be mainly in the background, maybe a couple close ups...

11. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    or should I say stormtroopers

....don't you start as well!! You'll be telling me that they are called Stormtroopers in the Movie next. ;) :eek: :D

12. Jedi Chikara

Aug 1, 1999
  13. Damillster

Damillster Jedi Master star 4

Jul 24, 2000
    "...even if we don't see as much of it as people seem to think we may."

:(

---------------------------

"or should I say stormtroopers"

Inside joke?

14. Jedi Chikara

Aug 1, 1999
    Heh, something like that Damillster. :)

Just take note of what COJ said here: "You'll be telling me that they are called Stormtroopers in the Movie next." ;)

15. Darth_Crooks

Darth_Crooks Jedi Youngling

Mar 14, 2001
    Oh for Christ's sake, are you saying that they're referred to as Stormtroopers in AOTC or are we off on another cryptic voyage across the sea of nonsense??

16. Jedi Chikara

Aug 1, 1999
    Pretty much. [face_plain]

17. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    Crooks. To survive in here, one needs to understand the art of sarcasm. ;)

18. Darth_Crooks

Darth_Crooks Jedi Youngling

Mar 14, 2001
    HLS,

My sarcasmic perception is perfectly groovy, I just got confused by all the nods, nudges and winks!

Go go gadget-post.

19. TK327

TK327 Force Ghost star 4

May 7, 2001
    Does anyone have access to the book cover which shows the Stormtroopers :) battling droids? If so, it would be groovy if that image/link could be posted on this thread.

20. Ternian

Ternian Jedi Youngling star 4

May 16, 2000
    Here is how I *thought* it went:

* Obi-Wan, Anakin and Padme are fighting the arena creatures.
    * Mace arrives with about 200 Jedi while back up forces are on their way.
    * A fight erupts between the Jedi and Droidekas, Battle Droids and Super Battle Droids.
    * Mace and Jango begin to fight.
    * Ki-Adi-Mundi and Plo Koon make way to the Trade Federation Ships that have appeared out of huge silos in the ground. They board the Control Ship.
    * They attempt to shutdown the main ship but fail.
    * The Jedi lose huge numbers of knights in the arena and the small band left are cornered.
    * Suddenly thousands of Clone Attack Gunships descended and begin to blast the Confederate Forces.
    * In the area outside the arena, the Trade Federation Ships are parked on the terrain surrounded by Confederate Forces. THOUSANDS of Republic Military Cruisers begin to unload Clone troopers
    * Yoda appears in the doorway of an Attack Gunship and saves the last band of Jedi and Padme in the arena.
    * Clones begin to fire upon the Trade Federation ships parked outside.
    * Droidfighters are released as Jedi Starfighters begin to engage in the battle.
    * The Gunship that saved the cornered Jedi attacks a Trade Federation ship but is hit by fire.
    * At the same time, a Geonosian speeder is seen making it's way through the battle below and is spotted by Obi-Wan. However, Padme is knocked out by the blast from the TF ship.
    * Padme is saved by Clones below and begins to lead them in the battle.
    * The Gunship is parked next to a tower while Ani and Obi-Wan go after Dooku.

21. PloKloon1138

PloKloon1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 5, 2001
    Christ, when May 16 finally rolls around my head might just explode...

22. Vonn

Vonn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2000
    What the heck are you guys talking about?

I haven't read ANYTHING about an AERIAL battle. I've certainly read about another space battle (where Ki Adi Mundi and few others infiltrate a droid control ship to shut some Super Battle Droids).

But, I haven't heard a single word about an aerial until THIS VERY THREAD.

This is really sounding like fan-boy wishing to me.

23. Askaak

Askaak Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 4, 2000
    Nope, the aerial battle is legit. Should be spectacular too.

I think the space battle you are referring to was fabricated and added into the scriptment. But there's no such thing. Ki-Adi and Plo Koon DO infiltrate the Control Ships, but they're parked on the ground.

24. Jedi Chikara

Aug 1, 1999
    I'm surprised that so many people missed this the first time around. This stuff is legit, it just must have been talked about very, very quietly when first released.

Ternian, I'm not sure, but I think there would be more than one gunship which the surviving Jedi escape on. If they're all on the same ship, why do only Anakin and Obi-Wan get off to chase Dooku?

25. Damillster

Damillster Jedi Master star 4

Jul 24, 2000
    "I'm surprised that so many people missed this the first time around."

Me too. I almost didn't start this thread...thinking that it must have been discussed before...and I was afraid it was going to be 'redundant'.

I just hope enough screen time is given to the fighters. This could be very exciting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.