main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson ATTENTION...Cat is in the hospital again

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by MasterJediDragonSir, May 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MasterJediDragonSir

MasterJediDragonSir Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    I took her to the hospital last night because she had severe pain in her right leg...turns out she has a blood clot in her thigh...we caught it in time...the clot is big and thrombosed but not going anywhere...the hospital has her on blood thinning agents and will take months to get rid of...she is going to be on bed rest for a while...I'm getting ready to go and see her this morning...I'll know more later and let everyone know what's going on...but it's pretty much definite that she won't be able to make the event Sat (I'm going to work on being there) or the meeting on Sat...but we shall see

TTYL

2. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    reposting from my thread

Hey all. Got a call from Cat this morning. She is back in the hospital [St. Mary's]. She is scheduled to be there for 4 days. She has a blood clot in her leg.

She hasn't been assigned a room yet but they are working on it.

:(

3. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    See this thread on an update for the meeting place

http://boards.theforce.net/tucson_az/b10146/23643593/p1/?61

4. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    GET BETTER KITTYCAT!!!!!!!!!! @};-

5. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    talked ot Kat last night around 2ish, she's bored but feeling much better, but she's looking for people to talk to so if you can give her a call.

6. JediObiKat

JediObiKat Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 15, 2006
    I hope you get better soon, Cat!!

DSJ, are you sure you talked to Kat? I think you may have actually talked to Cat :p

7. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Gah, to many KcKcats!

8. MasterJediDragonSir

Nov 30, 2005
    I just talked to Cat a little while ago and she is still waiting on a bed...she is still in pain but doing okay for the most part...I'm glad we caught it...I don't know what I'd do if I lost my Honey Bunny Kitty Cat...but once again I thank you for the support...this visit will be a little more boring for her because she won't have access to a laptop to watch movies on...I took her some books last night for her to read...well that's about it for now...for those of you that want to call her just PM me and I will give you her phone number

TTYL

9. firstsonofsolo

firstsonofsolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    Is she in a room yet? I would like to know what room number when she does!

10. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Ill drop off my portable DVD player to her tomorrow.

11. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    She is in a room! Room number 3729

12. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    you'd better not blame the Dirty Mexican if it gets swiped!!! SWIPER NO SWIPING!!!!!!!!!!!x3

13. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    i hope she is doing better now! tell her hi from me.

14. Vangarian

Vangarian Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2003
    Please get well soon Cathiecat. we're praying for ya gal! [face_praying]

15. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    I'm going to give her a call in a bit.

I'll tell her you say hi, Birr.

"Cat, a giant Ewok told me to say "hi" to you" :p

edit

Holy Karp! Cat is going home! :eek:

16. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Cat is Home!

17. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    yay!! Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack! (tune of welcm bk Mr. Cotter)

18. MasterJediDragonSir

Nov 30, 2005
    Cat is home now and will be having a nurse ( yes...insurance gave the approval ) come in to give her shots to her and take blood samples
    Just so everyone knows...Cathie developed a blood clot in her leg from the middle of her inner right thigh down into her into calf...she is on blood thinning meds and will be bed ridden for at least a week if not more if not more...same with being on the computer because the way things are set up in our room she isn't able to sit with her leg elevated and type because she'd be too far away from it to reach the keyboard...so for the time being I will relay messages from her to you all to keep you up to date if she needs to "post"

I hate to ask but any assistance in helping Cat out will be greatly appreciated
    My "step-daughter" has been coming over to do housework so that area is covered
    That's about all for now and thanks for your support and prayers

TTYL

19. thatsMISTERwookiee

thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2005
    Let us know what we can do. And if you are going to post for Cat, stop using "you all". As she can tell you, it is "y'all".

20. FORCEinept

FORCEinept Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 17, 2006
    You know I'll come over and help with anything if you need it. Just call me - 9552521

21. MasterJediDragonSir

Nov 30, 2005
    Well for the most part the thing is that Cat is "stuck" upstairs for a while...she has no way of getting things like food during the day while I'm in my work week because I have to sleep at some point...Mon and Tues I have covered...it's just Wed through Sun evenings are difficult...I usually go to sleep around 11 am - 1 pm but sometimes sooner depending on how tired I am...there are some days that we don't "see" each other until the evening when I get up to go to work because she is asleep when I go to bed and I like to let her get as much sleep as she needs
    Well that's about it for now

TTYL

22. MasterJediDragonSir

Nov 30, 2005
    Well here we go again...Cat has devloped a nasty bruise on one of the site where she got a shot at the hospital and when she called both her Dr and the home care nurse who then talked to each other and decided...guess what...back to the ER for Cat...right now after getting up to go to the bathroom...she is waiting for the pain to subside a bit before we go downstairs to go to the hospital...I will keep everyone informed on her status...for all we know they will check her out and send her back home but who knows[face_frustrated]

TTYL

23. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Crap . . . this really sucks. [face_frustrated]

24. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    Thanks for the update, guys. We'll keep an eye on things here. Get Cat taken care of first and foremost.

25. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Oy! I really don't think their is much more to say than Oy!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.