main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

auctions, events and costumes, oh my!

Discussion in 'Archive: Killeen, TX' started by Tandeer, May 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tandeer

Tandeer Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2001
    Date Posted: 8:45am Subject: RE: What to do with the "48 hours of the force" items

Okay Campers... *S*

We are all decided to auction off the lego/M&M thing and the 40 foot banner, yes?

Then the next thing is when. We talked about this at the meeting and if I'm correct, we agreed to wait a bit until the market on ebay was not so glutted. Perhaps we will be able to get this done and costumes finished before the DVD release in Nov. That way, we'll have more people to spread out at more stores.

Now, we also talked of a taxes, non-profit status, checks and balances and all the other sticky legal things.

I propose, that with Jackie's aide,(if she is willing, that is *S*)we put these things up for auction with a reserve price on them, after investigating what the market will bear of course. Then Sunshine can co-ordinate getting costumes made. Then, anyone who needs financial aid putting together their costume, can submit their receipts for costuming materials to me and be reimbursed. I think this will work best and keep down any possible finger pointing about money in the future.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Ideas? Speak up, it's everyone's club.

Also in this same vein, we talked about how to dole this all out fairly, ie. sweat equity or matching funds. Any ideas on how to do this? Would appearances, once costumes are made, count as sweat equity?

Ideas, thoughts, anyone?... Bueller?...Bueller?

Did I miss anything important that we need to talk about further?

2. Slave_princessJedi

Slave_princessJedi Jedi Youngling

Feb 25, 2005
    Okay, Maybe I misunderstood but I thought we had decided that the items to be auctioned off on ebay were to be done by Paul, the ebay account is allready set up we are just waiting for the Episode III release. The costumes were discussed as well,Pat and I are allready in the process of getting them.The ones that I am having made will be ready this Friday and I believe Pat said the ones he is getting will be ready before the release. I hope I didnt miss anyone when we did the costume inventory! Let em know if we did!

3. britt1

britt1 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 10, 2001
    That was my understanding as well Shine!

4. Tandeer

Tandeer Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2001
    That's why I wrote the note. *S* I can miss things now and again.

But I think, so as to keep at bay any talk of misconduct with the funds, that the money needs to go to a seperate party who will handle the reimbursments for costuming.

We still didn't decide on how to work equity. Either in sweat or matching funds. Ideas?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.