main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Awards [Awards] NSWFF Awards -- ceremony is today!

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by NYCitygurl, Jun 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    NSWFF is finally jumping on the awards bandwagon! We've decided to do the same format as the regular awards, and we've been added in as a fourth rotation. We've decided that since NSWFF has grown so much over the last two years, it's time we joined the fun.

There's currently a signup thread in FFR for those interested in volunteering for the awards process. We'd love it if some of you volunteered for NSWFF! You can't have your stories nominated in the era you're working on, but it's a great way to help the forum and get to know some of your fellow NSWFFers!

More information on specifics such as dates will be coming once all the volunteers are selected. For now, get ready to have some awards fun!

2. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Woooo! [face_dancing]

... if only I knew what weeks I'd been gone during Awards time, then I'd be able to volunteer, but alas I don't know when exactly I'm going to disappear. I hope lots of people volunteer! Awards season is a lot of fun. :D I am very glad to see NSWFF jumping on the bandwagon, there are so many talented writers and awesome stories on this board. [face_peace]

3. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Is anyone else interested in volunteering for NSWFF? We could use a couple more people [face_batting]

4. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Great to hear it's being included! :D

5. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Well, it will be if we have enough volunteers . . . We have our host and one volunteer, so we need probably two more people to help out. I really hope we get people!!

(Actually, all the eras need volunteers, or we might not have enough people to run them and have to cancel them entirely this year.)

6. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Thanks to those who volunteered!! amidalachick will be hosting NSWFF this year :D If you're not familiar with the awards process, the FAQ is here.

7. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    <------ is already working on his entertainment piece. [face_thinking]

8. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    [face_dancing] , brodie! :D

Speaking of entertainment, if you want to help out with the awards in a creative, fun way, check out the Entertainment Thread! We could really use your help! :D And who wouldn't give up a chance to be silly? 8-} Right, right? [face_batting]

9. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    I'll try to think up something. [face_thinking]

10. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!

*confetti explosion*

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I love you for volunteering! [:D] :*

(in case anyone is curious as to the origins of my reaction -- this Entertainment Host REALLY NEEDS SUBMISSIONS! ;) *wink* *nudge* *beg*)

11. NSWFF_Awards

NSWFF_Awards Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 5, 2010
    Check out the NSWFF excerpts here. Don't forget to vote for your favorites!

12. mrjop2

mrjop2 Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 6, 2007
    I don't have time to do it nor the talent to be funny, but I do have an idea that someone might want to use. How about someone going through the stories that have been nominated and take exerts from each story to create a hilarious montage story, just like what they do for the Academy award.

I know, I know, it's probably already being done or has been done.

13. NSWFF_Awards

NSWFF_Awards Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 5, 2010
    NSWFF's ceremony is being held today at noon board time! Hope to see you there!

14. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Woohoo! I'm super-excited :D Hope to see you guys there!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.