main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

**BANNER submission contest for SCIFI 3D forum & SITE**

Discussion in 'Archive: Scifi 3D Forum' started by George Mezori SCIFI 3D, Apr 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. odj_310388

odj_310388 Jedi Knight star 5

May 30, 2002
  2. George Mezori SCIFI 3D

George Mezori SCIFI 3D Scifi 3D Forum star 4 VIP

Sep 10, 1999
    Kool... we'll use them BOTH. : >

So we have some good general ones... maybe you guys can put together themed ones... might be hard to find stuff just for that from the site tho like... Tatooine stuff, Hoth one, Luke & Vader, etc. etc. ALOT of these diff. subjects have some materials but they're still in production for SOTS. I can make them available in the form of test animations or something that can be screen capped, etc. Somebody who has done a good one like these two would just have to let me know and we'll work it out.

3. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    Kool... we'll use them BOTH. : >

Wow your actualy going to use mine? Cool! I've never had one of mine used before. Do the creators of them get a V.I.P? :D :D :D

4. George Mezori SCIFI 3D

Sep 10, 1999
    What's a VIP? Put your name in the bottom corner somewhere not degrading to the banner so you get credit.

Seth did this on his in Waldo-fashion and people in the Fan Films forum thread are trying to find his name in 3 diff. places. You don't have to do that tho.

5. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    What's a VIP?

Its a thing which goes below your name. Its usualy a prize for winning a banner contest. Oh and I've updated the banner with a O D J hidden somewhere. I hope its not to obvious.

Main

I have updated it again with a bit better writing. Hope you like it. :)

6. George Mezori SCIFI 3D

Sep 10, 1999
    I looked around quickly and didn't see anything about that. I guess after we actually put it up you can ask one of those other mod's and tell them I sent ya.

I need both you and Seth to email me at:
    scifi3d at theforce dot net

I want to send you guys some files for those reply holders. I'd rather use some SCIFI 3D logos and I have about 20 files that could be used for that. They're little 5K kinda files. You'll see. Then you can pick and edit your own choices from these.

7. Seth-of-the-Sith

Seth-of-the-Sith Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 28, 2001
    Open odj's banner in a photoshop and set the brightness to 100 and the contrast to 70, you can see it clearly.

8. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    Open odj's banner in a photoshop and set the brightness to 100 and the contrast to 70, you can see it clearly.

:p Where is yours then? I can't find your name anywhere.

9. Seth-of-the-Sith

Feb 28, 2001
  10. George Mezori SCIFI 3D

Sep 10, 1999
    Ah.... kool. You should have made them a little more seeable so people could try and find them without down'n the images and zooming in on them. But at the same time not degrading the images. It could be done. I just sent OBJ the list of images to use for "holders" after he emailed me. Write me Seth. Then we'll put yours up.

11. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    I just sent OBJ the list of images to use for "holders" after he emailed me.

Its ODJ. I don't know why but people get it mixed up with OBJ. Ah well, life goes on...

Well here is a addholder I made, prety simple but its ok for the job.

12. Seth-of-the-Sith

Feb 28, 2001
    He's dyslexic.

13. George Mezori SCIFI 3D

Sep 10, 1999
    OK. I guess just pack all those files up and zip them up to me. Then I'll have them uploaded soon. Don't forget... make a banner using your same stuff for the SCIFI 3D website too. Send that to me too... I can post that one ASAP.. but the ones for the forum may take awhile. At least I can give you some glory now on the website tho.

Oh.. the OBJ.. I noticed that later after just glancing at the name initially. OBJ is a common-used abbreviation for OBJECT. That's the first thing that popped into my head I guess.

14. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    Well mine should be there now. :)

15. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
  16. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Ki-Bara-Mundi Jedi Master star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    I check up on the fanfilms forum regularly and I also enjoy making banners so here's my submission...

FORUM MAIN PAGE
    FORUM POST PAGE

Let me know what you think, critisism more than welcome. :)

17. Crunchy

Crunchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    so far I like Mundi's the best, but they are all good submissions; nice work guys

18. George Mezori SCIFI 3D

Sep 10, 1999
    Yea... really kool. At first I thought it was a HOTH only version. But it's really kool and a diff. color scheme than the others. I'm gonna talk with them about just how much trouble it it to swap these things out.

AGAIN.. if it is too much trouble then remember to make a banner using your same images that will fit on the website. I can include everybody's there and swap them out on a very frequent basis. I'll make a script that will rotate them automatically every month.... month, etc. Depends on how many we get that are good I guess.

<<< NOTE >>>
    I want to just use SCIFI 3D logos for the holders. So I've uploaded a zip file on the site for people to look thru and pick something from or edit them to match your banner. Just search for logo

19. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Nov 27, 2000
    You could do what we do on our FanForce forum. Remotely host the banner and stylesheet on your own space, and then change the graphics yourself whenever you want it done. We rotate forum graphics every three months on our board, so whenever we hold a competition we simply replace the old files with the new ones. :)

20. George Mezori SCIFI 3D

Sep 10, 1999
    Sounds interesting... I'm not a webguy, tech-guru, so I don't follow you. I didn't make the new ASP driven site either... but we do have plenty of server space. I can upload files into a banner folder or something too.

They're telling me now that 2-3 times a year isn't that big of a deal but it'd be nice if it could be done on a monthly basis and we get like 12 diff. banners... ideally. BUT what about the boards color schemes? I don't even know how to edit those either.

21. Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 6, 2000
    I want some pink and purple! let's make a Barbie looking board, with flowers and hearts!!!

22. Crunchy

Crunchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    you would Oli......;)

23. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Nov 27, 2000
  24. George Mezori SCIFI 3D

Sep 10, 1999
    Yea.... it was easy enough to just put it in there for now. I didn't get any website ones from anybody yet and PAUL fixed yours up with the right size, diff. text, and your name in there. He has a rotating script up and ready to go too. PLUS your color scheme fit in better than the others too.

25. OBI-JUAN2002

OBI-JUAN2002 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 30, 2001
    Mmmmm... "Scifi3D the ultimate in Scifi 3D". Doesn't sound very good for me? How about "the ultimate mesh resource" or something like that?

Just some thoughts.

I'm still working on my banner, it will probably be finished tomorrow. I'm also following the cholor scheme of the website so that it fits well into both forum and website.

Juan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.