main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:SA Bargains!!!!

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Adalia-Durron , Mar 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Do you have a bargain? Have you gotten yourself a SW Bargain? Tell us about it!

Yesterday I was at the Salvation Army shop, looking for costume shoes and my son brought a bag of toys to me and said, "Mum, can I have these? Only a $1?" I said yes and thought nothing more. Then my daughter came running in from teh $1 clothes rack "MUM!! Look!!" She had a black pair of Star War EP 1 cargo pants in her hand in my size! OMG!! Grabbed them! Then we got home and opened the bag, son seemed to know what he wanted out of the bag. Pulled out a vintage Thunderbirds FAB1 - Lady Penolopes Pink Rolls Royce Car in excellent condition!! It's 60's, it's English and it's awesome! He was happy, I was stunned. He knew it was there and said nothing to me!!! Smart kids!!! [face_love]

2. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    bought alot of lego as bargains.

3. TK1571

TK1571 Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 10, 2003
    Me too, just last weekend i grabbed sw cantina set for $45 isntead of the marked price of $55

4. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    My son wants a heap of lego!! I need to start looking!!

5. MsWinter

MsWinter Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    aha!! I live on bargains!! But I guess that's what you do when you're broke!! I've had a few interesting ones, mostly on Ebay, but can't remember them all now! :D

6. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I'm looking at Lego on Ebay now....there's a princess Leia for $80 US! Whoa... But lots of 'loose lego' which is what I am looking for! :D

7. MsWinter

Mar 10, 2005
    I've got loose lego......all throughout my house!!! Don't do it, A-D - it'll be the bane of your life - and your vacuum cleaner!! :D

8. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    LOL!! Kinda like the beads Cassie makes her friendship bracelets with? They make the best sound running up the vaccum!! :p

9. MsWinter

Mar 10, 2005
    worse!! they clog up the vacuum cleaner, and then, when you decide to play with the lego when the kids are in bed, you can't find Yoda's head!! :D (cos it's gone up the vacuum, maybe)

10. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    LOL!! NOO!! Not Yoda's head!?!? I've had to put my SW lego out of reach as he keeps pulling it apart, so it's time for him to have his own.......watching a few on Ebay now.....

11. MsWinter

Mar 10, 2005
    nah, was never my lego.....just stuff I bought for them over the last couple of years, birthdays and such.....I play with it! And it's a good tool......go to bed, or the lego dies!!! :D

12. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    yeah lego hurt when you step on them.

Trust me I know.

13. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Obi-Wan_Toddi Former SAFF CR star 6

Feb 7, 2005
    I've still got my Lego!! But my Mum got smart ... she gave me a sheet to spread it out on, then when it was time to pack up ... lift all four corners, back in the bucket ... ready for tomorrow!!

14. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    I was never that smart.

but it I did learn the lesson and leave it in the bucket.

15. MsWinter

Mar 10, 2005
    ah....your Mum was smart. I might do that

I don't have anything from when I was a kid....I think mum gave it all to the salvos or someone.....I even had a 12" 3PO at one stage. I remember A-D and I playing with our little Lukes and Leias when we were about 12!! :)

16. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Obi-Wan_Toddi Former SAFF CR star 6

Feb 7, 2005
    hee hee hee I think my Mum counted her blessings when she saw me playing with Lego *well that'll keep him busy for the next 5 hours!!*

17. evil-incarnate

evil-incarnate Jedi Youngling star 7

Jun 30, 2004
    I got a ROTJ single quilt case in MINT condition for $10 at the markets last weekend.
    I was happy, briefly.....

18. Nar_Shaddaa

Nar_Shaddaa Jedi Youngling

Mar 15, 2005
    I got the Lego "Cloud City" for $100 (RRP-$250+) at the West Lakes Kmart, The Lego AT-AT for $150 (RRP-$216) at Kmart, Port Adelaide. And, the Lego Falcon for $120(RRP-$200, offhand) at Toys'R'Us in Town.

This is all in the last 2 months, so there may still be stock left @ these places. Big Star Wars Lego doesn't seem to move down this way.

I know That Big W at Arndale may still Have afew Lego Jabba's Palace sets going for about $30, roughly. This Set was about $70-$90 when released 2 or 3 years ago.

19. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    around here big sw doesnt move at all unless it is at Toys R us.

20. Nar_Shaddaa

Nar_Shaddaa Jedi Youngling

Mar 15, 2005
  21. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    well it moves but it doesnt drop in price.

and Kmart doesnt have a large selection around here.

22. MsWinter

Mar 10, 2005
    Just got back from a great bargain - free tickets to see Glyn Nicholas and Shaun Micallef live!! It was a fantastic show....if you want a great laugh, go!!

I am a little intrigued though.....

I posted something on here earlier in the day, and it seems to have disappeared!! Has anyone ever had that happen to them? I know I'm not going mad - where did it go? I hope it didn't go to another thread, that just wouldn't make sense!

EDIT: oh wait, I am going mad!! Just found it!! duh, Winter....time for bed, methinks! :D

23. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    I have always regretted not picking up one of the Ultimate Collector's Series X-Wings for 50 bucks from K-Mart when they clearanced them out a couple of years ago. Those things go for 300+ on Ebay now :(

I want one of those Lego ISDs...

24. starfire-phoenix

starfire-phoenix Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 2, 2004
    Hey, I'm glad you liked the show, MsWinter. I've never really found Shaun Micallef very funny though. I walked past him last wednesday along King William street. He was walking along like a self important prat... almost like he was waiting for someone to recognise him and stop him.... but anyway, glad it was a good show :D

25. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I was gonna say it does happen from time to time Winter but you found it I guess! Sometimes when the boards lock or dump out the post you are doing at the time is lost....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.