main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive Batman: Legend of the Dark Knight

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Reynar_Tedros, Feb 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Mr. Freeze
    Hobbs Bay

Freeze caught sight of another flash, not more than seventy metres ahead. He heard squealing tires, and within seconds a black Cadillac sped into view, a bullet hole visible in the windshield, even in the low light.

Freeze leveled his gun at the approaching car, took aim at the tires, and let off a steady stream of ice. The car stopped, front first, and the rear tires began to flip up. The ice stopped them, and Freeze heard the occupants slam around inside the Cadillac.

The doors swung open violently, nearly being torn from their hinges.

"Sacre Bleu! Quel espece de pirate-" swore one.

"Filipe! Tais toi!" yelled another.

The Frenchmen clambered out, slowly and painfully. Freeze observed them with cold, calculating patience. They had guns of course, but he had armour. And a bigger gun.

"You're undressed for the weather. There's a cold front coming in."

Tag: GreyJedi125, others in Hobbs Bay

2. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Onyx
    GCPD Rooftop

Onyx grinned, as he tiny onyx bead landed near the Bats feet, as she herself now moved to check out the sights. So far, everything was clear. Only the Comish and Batty were on the roof.

Bead did more than alert the Bat to her presence. She could hear abit too. She adjusted her earpiece, as she found a spot that seemed to overlook much of the area. She could stay back, and keep an eye out for anything else that might be lurking the shadows. And with all the crazies out, she was sure, there was more than just them out this night.

She smirked, when she heard the Bat's voice. "You know, I don't want to do this alone. Is there anybody else you can call, to...help?" There was a long pause, and Onyx's eyebrow shot skywards. She rubbed her head. Man, the Bat must be seriously worried over someome, if he's asking for help. Weren't that many that fit in the Batty's top ten of groupies.

Of course, most of them had been IN the asylum. Onyx made a face. Could be worse. She kept a watchful eye, while waiting for the Commish to finish his always long winded speech, before she would approach the Bat..or him her. Didnt really matter. In any case, Onyx stayed hidden, perfectly still. Her monestary training now came into play, as she used all of her senses to scan the area. Any life force that came close, she would know about it. Any movement, and she would seek it out. All senses were honed to the area around and above her, as she waited for the truth of things to be known.

Tag: Batman, Reynar, anyone else

3. -Jeb-

-Jeb- Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2006
    [IC]Nightwing
    Hobbs Bay, Gotham
    Dick's previous feelings of uneasiness soon returned at full blast, so much so that his stomach knotted up with irony. Before the blast from his concussive flash-pellets did their duty, Grayson had already thought several steps ahead. He was soaring through the melancholy skies of Gotham like a crow, swooping down towards his vulnerable adversaries with his right hand at the ready, fingers wrapped around one of his "beloved" Escrima sticks. A vicious waylaying was at hand.

The hand in question sprung out and over to Nightwing's right, bouncing off the corner of the building he had just leaped off of, and ricochetting its way down to the supposed leader of the Street Demonz, the blunt weapon nearly carving its way into his skull via his left temple. The man was knocked completely out from the blow. At this very moment, a screeching explosion of metal against brick met with his ears in the distance, followed by gunshots. In the air he reasoned, and decided that it was too late to worry about whatever that had been for now. This could very well have been the worst mistake of his life.

Grayson brought both his hands up steadily and calculated his aerodynamic descent, his hands latching tightly to either shoulder of the "Frenchman", using him as leverage as he catapulted his way back upwards without hitting the ground below, pushing the man back on his rear end. While in mid-air, a pair of soles met a pair of thugs' chests accordingly. In another impressive physical feat, Dick then used the momentum from this attack to push his way back up into the air, and flipping a hundred-eighty degrees vertically.

While upside-down, he grabbed on to the shaven heads of another pair of 'Demonz, feet planted at their sides as Dick briefly balanced on them, banged their skulls together, and jumped off and onto the shoulder's of a fifth Street Demonz lackey in a sitting position. Grayson twirled his weight backwards, flipping the thug off his feet and firing him away several yards into a chainlink fence to the opposite way he was facing.

Nightwing, now perched on the cold concrete ground trying to retain his bearings before standing up to finish up on the rest, looked up only to hear the cacophony of several handguns having their respective hammers pulled back, bullets ready in the chambers to be used against him. The men aimed gingerly up at Grayson, their vision and hearing obviously still jarred from the previous blast. Dick could have very easily disposed of the imbeciles, except for one distinct thing that caught his eye, stopping the young man in his tracks in utter disbelief at his luck. Or lack thereof.

A hand grenade, out of nowhere quietly flung towards the group, detonating in mid-air. The entire flank of the group was blown back by the blast. Two of the men charred to death, one of them missing an arm. Nightwing's head cracked against the ground the majority of the blast shielded by the now mangled bodies of the demised thugs around him. He lifted his head barely, reaching back towards the warm blood seaping out of the wound that was there. He couldn't feel it, but when he looked back at his gloved hand, he saw it clear as day. He grumbled in dissaproval, turning his body over and crawling up towards a nearby trailer as he tried desperately to make it to his feet.

His dizzied eyes took sight of an all too familiar target just past the fencing to the bay. It was Victor Fries, apparently terrorizing a lone automobile with that demonic "gun" of his. He wanted to do something, do anything, but Nightwing was too disoriented to to barely get on his own two feet. And worst of all, he was vulnerable, and unaware of the nemesis lurking in the shadows with a high-powered sniper rifle...

[TAG] Reynar, greyjedi, Peng

4. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    MASTERPRENN, Ktala

"You know, I don't want to do this alone. Is there anybody else you can call, to..." Batman paused at this point. It wasn't often that he had been forced to ask for help, and he was still uncomfortable whenever he had to do so. "...help?"

The Commissioner?s eyes widened in surprise. In all the years that he?d known the Batman, not once did he ever hear the man ask for help. But here he was, asking James Gordon of all people.

?Nobody that I have access to. Frankly, you?re the only person in this city that the Joker hasn?t figured out yet. I?m sure he?s got traps set for my guys if they were to make an attempt at nabbing him.?

He pushed up the bridge of his glasses with his forefinger. ?There?s no other masked heroes available to help you out? What about Robin, or Batgirl??

Tag: Batman, Onyx

[b]darth_nemisis[/b]

Crane nodded, and did as requested; he walked over to the nearest chair, sat his suitcase beside the chair, and sat down. He crossed his leg over his other knee, and awaited for the request to see Carmine.

Carmine assumed that it was best to cut to the chase. Jonathan Crane wasn?t one for small talk. He leaned forward on the desk. ?I got a pest problem,? he said. ?In my city. All these damn vigilantes, cowering behind masks and Halloween costumes, making business difficult for me and my boys. You can understand my frustration.

?This is where you come in, Doctor. I understand that you have? methods for dealing with these types of folks.? Carmine reached behind his desk and pulled out a silver briefcase, turning it to face Crane and lifting the top, revealing a full case of cash. ?Two hundred grand. All I need you to do is deal with someone for me.? He pushed the case to the side. ?The Huntress. Now she ain?t like the others that you hear about, like Nightwing, Robin, and that damn Bat. She?s got no mercy, she kills on instinct. Therefore, I?m losing men on the streets, and I need her taken care of.?

[b]Tag: Scarecrow[/b]

[hr]

[b]-Jeb-, Penguinator-176, greyjedi125[/b]

The pellets were blinding, and the Frenchman started to cough from the smoke that was emitting throughout the air, trying his best to curse out the Street Demonz leader, but not finding the strength in his lungs to do so. As if that weren?t enough, he felt a sharp, numbing pain in his left kneecap, a bullet to be sure. He fell to his right knee, trying his best to endure the enormous amount of pain that was being inflicted upon him.

He then heard the Cadillac?s tires squeal and the vehicle travel to a crashed tank in the distance. Then, without warning, it began to freeze, and the gangsters inside the vehicle were climbing out one by one. The Frenchman couldn?t see what caused the sudden blast of ice, but nevertheless, he had one more problem on his hands.

Just then, a falling man in a costume, no doubt one of Gotham?s many vigilantes, grabbed on to his shoulders and pushed off in a split second, knocking the Frenchman flat on his bottom. He was getting sick of this, but he could hardly do anything about it with his numbed kneecap that was oozing blood incessantly. He could hear the vigilante taking care of the Street Demonz, and wondered what was going on with his own group.

[I]BOOM![/I] A huge blast raced throughout the air, no doubt from a hand grenade, and sent the Frenchman flying towards a brick wall. His eyes widened as the wall approached quickly, and then his face smacked right into it. He fell to the ground, unable to move as blood slowly made its way down his face. He tried to open his mouth, to say something, anything, but at last, fell into unconsciousness.

Mister Freeze had taken care of all the numbskulls that had tried to attack him, and then felt a tap on his shoulder. Harley Quinn stood behind him, dressed in her usual humorous outfit of red and black. If she was there, then [i]he[/i] couldn?t have been far behind.

?They want?cha at the warehouse, Mista Freeeeeeze,? Harley said, pointing to a limousine some thirty yards down th

5. Tog

Tog Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 19, 2007
    ?The money you stole from me, you psychotic freak! I want it now!?

"Hmmmm" Rag Doll sat down and thought about it, "Never seen you before, what day was it? Wait I think, no, yes, no. Yes! You robbed the bank! No! Yes! Ill be right back with your money." Rag Doll opened the entrance to his hide out and started to go down it.

6. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Onyx
    GCPD Rooftop

Onyx listed in on her tiny earpiece to the conversation. Not suprisingly, the old Comish's response was rather lackluster.

?Nobody that I have access to. Frankly, you?re the only person in this city that the Joker hasn?t figured out yet. I?m sure he?s got traps set for my guys if they were to make an attempt at nabbing him.? There was a bit of a pause. ?There?s no other masked heroes available to help you out? What about Robin, or Batgirl??

Onyx snorted. Batgirl? what a joke. And Robin, well.... That was better left alone. She decided now was a perfect time to leave the shadows.

She moved, with the grace and rhythem that her many years of training within the monastry had given her. She twirled about silently, until she came to land gently a respectiful distance away. No reason scaring the Comish right off the rooftops. She watched him fiddle with his glasses. All these years, and he still did that. She smirked.

From the shadows she spoke, her voice soft yet clear. "Anything I can do for you, boys?" She chuckled softly, as she stepped out, just far enough to be seen. "Heard about your troubles, Commissioner. Thought you could use a extra hand or perhaps even two..."

She winked.

Even though she was busy with the two, her mind was still ever present watching and sensing for any intruders.

TAG: Batman, the Comish!

7. Livi-Wan

Livi-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Batgirl
    Oracle's Clocktower

Easy choice, really. Cassandra could never really value information- after all, she could only read with great difficulty and put more emphsis on actions rather than words. Giving the information stealer one last glance as he swaggered away, she ran over to check on Oracle.

"Barbara?" she asked, crouching over the woman. "Barbara, are you...uh... concious? Should I get a doctor?"

[TAG Oracle, Reynar]

8. Zedd-Vega

Zedd-Vega Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 2003
    Croc

Sewer Grotto, Gotham City

Croc pulled back, every sane intention of letting the man go. She eyed him for a moment as blood trickled down the side of his face into the water at his feet. Wilma could smell the coppery fluid over the stench of the sewer itself. Neither really bothered her much, but given she had feasted on both a prostitute and a businessman, her insatiable hunger still remained. The man was surely going to escape, had he done so while Croc was dazed. Her tail whipped behind her, pressing flat against the sewer floor almost as if she would spring.

She did.

Before long, Croc had ripped the man open with her claws and fangs, letting his screams echo throughout the sewer as she gutted the man like a fish. She didn't feed long, because she had a date with an aquatic bird. She ran her green-scaled arm across her mouth, wiping the blood from it and gazing to the newfound corpse of the scuba diver. She held her head, as if it was splitting her apart, groaning as she did so. Croc had intended on letting him go, but the urges inside of her mind, the ones that ruled her very physical being, took control. Croc couldn't even remember killing the man, but it didn't matter now. "Can't bring back the dead." Croc said, stepping into the water of the sewer leading out into the bay. The warm water made her curl her lip in rage, though she did not bother to turn around.

"Ew."

After a long trek through the cold, Gotham waters, the reptilian dominatrix emerged and made her way through the shadows of the city towards the address the man had given her. Luckily, she had caught the address before her animalistic urges took hold of her. She came upon a great building, one that was far too fancy for her taste, although any girl would've been glad to call the place home, and she paused outside the door. No one else was around and she read the sign aloud, shaking her head bemusedly.

[color=seagreen]"The Iceberg Lounge."[/color] Croc said no more and entered the establishment.[/blockquote]

[b]TAG: Penguin or his goons[/b]

9. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    IC: Jonathan Crane a.k.a. Scarecrow
    ~Carmine Falcone's Hideout~

It didn't take long for Carmine Falcone to begin talking. "I got a pest problem. In my city," he said. Jon turned in his chair to look at the crime boss as he spoke. "All these damn vigilantes, cowering behind masks and Halloween costumes, making business difficult for me and my boys. You can understand my frustration." Crane didn't know if he should take offense to the statement; some may consider his attire a "Halloween" costume. He decided to ignore the comment, and listen to Falcone.

"This is where you come in, Doctor," Carmine continued. "I understand that you have...methods for dealing with these types of folks." The crime boss pulled a silver briefcase from behind his desk, which was revealed to contain cash. "Two hundred grand. All I need you to do is deal with someone for me." Crane liked the look of the cash, and would love to have it, but did not show his delight."The Huntress. Now she ain't like the others that you hear about, like Nightwing, Robin, and that damn Bat. She's got no mercy, she kills on instinct. Therefore, I'm losing men on the streets, and I need her taken care of."

Crane thought for a few, long moments. By the sound of it, this Huntress was a dangerous foe, even more dangerous than Batman. But Scarecrow was capable of taking down any foe. "I'll do it," Jon said in a monotone voice. "Where would I begin my search?"

TAG: Reynar_Tedros

10. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Onyx
    GCPD Rooftop

Onyx was officially bored now. She had 'introduced' herself, so to speak, and had waited for either men to say something. But they both sat, rather dumbstruck.

So she simply blew a kiss, and stepped back into the shadows. She scanned the area around them, as she moved, leaping up, and landing on a small ledge. She sat in the dark, waiting for either of them to speak. She was silent, watching for any others that may show up. She drew out a shirken, and began to twirl it slowly, as she waited for ... something.

TAG: Batman, the Comish!

11. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Mister Freeze

The thugs taken care of, Freeze was eager to investigate the cause of his crash. Sadly, the once-respectable Harley Quinn showed up on the scene.

Her squeals about the warehouse were intriguing. Perhaps she was in the know. And if she was, Freeze was determined to find out. He followed, but at a respectable distance. It didn't take long to get to the warehouse - any thugs left alive were picking themselves off the ground slowly.

As he neared the door to the warehouse, he called to the clown.

"What's this about, Quinn? I don't like your games."

Tag: Harley, Red Hood, Nightwing

12. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    IC: Batman
    Rooftop of mystery

The 40 foot polar bear was getting close, and the foam from its mouth was starting to splash against Bruce's high tech suit. Leaping from rooftop to rooftop, the Bat ran for his life, while searching his belt for something...anything...that would help him get out of this situation. Suddenly, Bruce felt himself falling. He looked down below him and saw that he had missed the next rooftop his feet were aiming for. He had nothing to grab on to, nothing to prevent his fall into oblivion...

Awaking with a start in Bruce Wayne's terms equivocated to probably a quick blink for most others. Bruce had worked his entire life at being extremely subtle, and disciplined...finally, he had reached master hood; Bruce was acutely aware of what his body was doing, and was completely in control of everything that happened.

With a quick blink, Bruce was thrust back into reality. Had he really been so sleep deprived as of late, that he feel asleep in the middle of important conversations. That was something that needed looking in to. He filed it away for further notice.

Turning to the shadows, which he knew were inhabited by the Onyx, he allowed his voice to come out slowly and smoothly, in true Batman fashion.

"I would love your help. Thank you. Perhaps we should make the deal official by a dinner?"

TAG: Onyx, Commish

13. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Red Hood

Hobbs Bay, Gotham City

Todd had watched the developments below with some amusement, but only until a certain point. Watching the former boy wonder do his thing made Todd want to laugh outloud. Not because 'batwing' was mopping up the Street Demonz with ease, but because the stalwart vigilante moved as if he were still performing under a BIG TOP. To the Red Hood, Nightwing was forever the showman and seldom the warrior. That was precisely why he was vulnerable once the grenades had detonated.

Behind his helmet, Todd grinned. Picking off 'batwing' at this point would be all too easy and not at all challenging. More importantly, it would not be satisfying and in his scheme of things, it would not serve any real purpose. No, the Red Hood had a plan for all of the Bats little offsprings, but now was not the time to put them into effect.

A bright flash and a familiar sound caught Todd's ears, and before he looked into his security laptop for comfirmation, he KNEW the source of the sound.

Red Hood watched as Mr.Freeze coolly disposed of the surrounding opposition.

A wave of thoughts, probabilities and suspicions coursed through the Red Hood as he silently continued to observe the mayhem unfold. What in the blazes was Mr.Freeze doing in Hobb's Bay? His timing could NOT have been coincidence, Todd silently concluded.

He did not like the implications of that, no, not at all. Thoughts of the "Hush" incident came to mind, but he quickly dismissed them for now. Making assumptions versus astute deductions were two very different things, and 'he' was not the assuming type, though he loved it when others did, especially when he was manipulating events.

The Red Hood took stock of where things stood down at the pier, and noticed that the 'frenchman' was sufficiently incapacitated. His scans also revealed a bit of a surprise.

The Huntress.

Todd zoomed in on the Huntress for a moment for various purposes as he watched her help Nightwing. With a muffled snort, he shook his head slightly at the sight, but did not let himself be distracted by it. Something 'fishy' was going on...and that kind of surprise was not to his liking.

Now tracking Victor Fries, Todd momentarily reflected on the last time he'd confronted the 'artic man' himself. None of his 'explosive toys' managed to dent Mr.Freeze's formidable armour. Which meant he was thus far imprevious to harm and free to use that damn freeze gun with impunity. Of course, The Red Hood knew there was no such thing as an imprevious suit of armour, for every armour had a weak spot. Superman had two. Kryptonite and Lois Lane.The trick here was finding Mr.Freeze's.

Just then, the Red Hood's audio survaillance patch picked up a comically sounding female voice.

?They want?cha at the warehouse, Mista Freeeeeeze...?
    The Red Hood zoomed in on the source and once again knew who it was before he even saw. There. Todd involuntarily felt himself stiffen. It was Harley Quinn. She gingerly spoke to Mr.Freeze while pointing to a limousine some thirty yards down the road. ?No questions, pleeeeeease, Mista Freeeeeze.? Harley chuckled and began to walk towards the limo.

Todd felt his blood begin to boil. If Harley was about, that meant that 'He' could not be too far behind. A vicious inspiration crossed Todd's mind for a brief second. He suddenly wondered if Harley was bullet proof. Perhaps 'pastey face' would find that funny. Better yet, Tood wondered if she would come back from the dead, they way he apparently had.

However, Todd never got to finish that thought as he heard Harley speak once again, but this time what she had to say would suprise him.

?Red Hoooooood!? came Harley's voice, full of humor and femininity, almost as if it were a woman from a circus act. Down in the street below, Harley Quinn was looking up at him, Mister Freeze following, waving her arms frantically and motioning for him to come down. ?We need ya at the waaaaaarehooooooouse!?

For a fraction of a second, Todd experienced abjec

14. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    GM's OOC: Awesome work, folks. Sorry for the delay, but I should have an update up soon, hopefully tomorrow.

:)

15. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    greyjedi125, Penguinator-176

"Oh, is that so?" the Red Hood answered almost in a cocky manner. "We who exactly? and why?" he asked, but then waved the question off. "Go on ahead. I'll follow you. I'll be there."

Harley shrugged. ?Suit yourself, Mista Hoooooood.? She turned back around to face Mister Freeze. ?Would you hurry it up already? You?re as slow as molasses in the winter time.? She did a double-take. ?So that?s why they call you Mista Freeze!? She laughed all the way into the limousine.

When they arrived, Harley got out first, and then Mister Freeze. The driver got out afterwards, and his face was shielded by part of his coat and his low hat.

"What's this about, Quinn? I don't like your games."

Harley touched her heart. ?You don?t like my games?? She then jumped in front of Mister Freeze and then stuck her tongue out. ?I?m waiting right here. You have to go into the warehouse alone. Bosses ordas.?

Tag: Red Hood, Mister Freeze

[b]darth_nemisis[/b]

[i]"I'll do it,"[/i] Jon said in a monotone voice. [i]"Where would I begin my search?"[/i]

Carmine leaned back in his chair, relieved that the doctor had accepted his offer. ?An old hideout inside the clock tower in central Gotham. Evidently it ain?t easy to find, but if my guys can spot her entering it, you can.?

Carmine waited for any other questions that Doctor Crane may have had.

[b]Tag: Scarecrow[/b]

[hr]

[b]Zedd-Vega[/b]

?Would you like something to drink, Mister Penguin?? one woman who was dressed in nothing but red lingerie asked, rubbing her fingers up and down the Penguin?s beak of a nose.

?Or maybe something to eat?? another woman, also dressed in nothing but lingerie, asked the crime lord. ?I bet you?re really,? she moved her face closer to that of the Penguin?s, ?hungry.?

The Penguin was grinning from ear to ear, but stopped when he noticed Wilma Jones walk into the club. He shoved the two girls aside and walked over to greet his new guest.

?Miss Jones!? he said, bringing her hand to his lips and kissing it gently. ?Salutations! May I offer you a beverage, a lemon smoothie perhaps??

[b]Tag: Killer Croc[/b]

[hr]

[b]Tog[/b]

[i]"Hmmmm"[/i] Rag Doll sat down and thought about it, [i]"Never seen you before, what day was it? Wait I think, no, yes, no. Yes! You robbed the bank! No! Yes! Ill be right back with your money."[/i] Rag Doll opened the entrance to his hide out and started to go down it.

The bald man hesitated. This guy was nowhere near sane. But he needed his money, and so he followed the lunatic into his hideout.

[b]Tag: Rag Doll[/b]

16. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Onyx
    GCPD Rooftop of mystery

Onyx sat in the shadows, watching all with an amused look on her face. Being trained in a monistary had taught her many things, but what her senses were picking up now, was for lack of any other words, facinating. She watched, as Batman slowly turned to the shadows, which she was hiding within. His voice came out slowly and smoothly. She smirked. Always the proper Bat.

"I would love your help. Thank you. Perhaps we should make the deal official by a dinner?"

Now it was Onyx's turn to raise in eyebrow. Dinner? My, the Bat was feeling generious. Her voice floated out from the shadows as she responded, picking up her tiny marble as she did.

"Glad to help. And as for dinner, I would love it. You pick the place." She gave a small pause. "Do you have anything else you wish to add, Commissioner?"

Miss a chance a dinner with the Bat? Not likely. Nothing with Batman was ever as simple as it sounded. And a chance to chase after the Joker. Oh no, not a quiet night at all. She slipped her weapon back into its hidding place, as she silently climbed back upwards towards the next ledge up. She now focused her attention back on the area around them, as she waited for them to finish talking.

TAG: Batty, Commish

17. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    IC: James Gordon
    Rooftop of GCPD Headquarters; Gotham City

"Do you have anything else you wish to add, Commissioner?"

James smirked, and once again pushed the bridge of his glasses up with his forefinger. Those things were really starting to get on his nerves these days. He'd have to get him a new pair sooner than later. He wondered what it would look like to see Batman and Onyx walk into a restaurant in costume.

"No, no I think I'm done here," James said as he headed into the door leading into the GCPD building. "You two have a good night." The commissioner shot a wink at Bats, and then shut the door behind him.

Batman, Onyx

18. -Jeb-

-Jeb- Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2006
    [IC] Nightwing
    Hobbs Bay, Gotham
    Dick laid his upperbody gingerly against the cold metallic side of a lone trailer at the bay, trying his damndest to hold his struggling person up in and awkward standing position. The shellshock had hit him hard, a small, fingernail-sized hunk of smoldering shrapnel embedded in his right shoulder, searing the flesh. He placed his back against the trailer and ripped it out hesitantly with his left hand, his eyes wandering about the vicinity at ground-level.

He hunched back a bit into a sitting position, dropping the fragment of the grenade at his side. He tended the burning wound, hissing with frustration and a painful feeling of discomfort. "What in the blue hell... was that...?", Grayson uttered, his voice mumbly and barely audible even to himself. He looked up, easing his head back as the entire world continued to shake, the cacophony of jarring noise hitting it's zenith. He was beginning to calm himself.

He held his shoulder, and tried to keep the raw wound on the back of his head completely untouched as he desperately looked for a place to fall back; he was still aware of Freeze's presence, although something told him that that grenade wasn't his. If he wanted something done, he would have used his freeze-gun to get the job settled. There was something else, something.. lurking. And soon he'd know what.

As he dragged his rear-end backwards across the gravel, finding a decent enough hiding spot amongst the darkness, he heard the very-distinguishable chime of Harley Quinn. The sadistic, childish, annoyingly vomit-inducing yelp of her voice echoing throughout the "arena". She howled out the names of Freeze, and, of all people, the Red Hood. Bingo. It was Jason, the one who had attempted to blow him sky high along with the rest of the Street Demonz was Jason Todd, the ever mysterious former apprentice of Bruce Wayne, his own mentor. He was aware of him still being alive despite all the former rumors of his death at the hands of the Joker, but...

"... Joker!", Dick thought to himself. Like everyone else, he knew that if "Ms. Quinn" was around, that pale-faced lunatic wouldn't be too far behind. This was almost too much, even for the determined Nightwing. He slammed his head back in defiance against a cold chain-link fence and whinced - he had forgotten about the bad flesh-wound back there. He looked down, and shook his head. It had been a while since his "solo-career" that he felt this... desperate. Alone. However, that would soon change.

He felt the feminine grasp of the Huntress on his unwounded left shoulder and smiled with a bit of relief. How she had found him, he didn't know, and frankly, couldn't have cared less. Even he knew he was in need of some medical attention, let alone backup, and that this.. grouping would have to wait. He looked up slightly and nodded in gratitude. They indeed did have to get out of there. Fast. But it was all up to the Helena for now.

"You're going to be okay...", she spoke as she helped him reach a standing position. "I'm sure.", he grunted painfully. He lifted his hand away from his hurt shoulder and pointed with two fingers down to where the cluster of evil-doers stood. "Something about.. a warehouse.", he spoke with an oblivious expression and a slight pant. His awareness had now fully returned to him. ".. plan B?", he said with a boyish smirk.

[TAG] Reynar, greyjedi, Peng

19. Twinky_Stryder

Twinky_Stryder Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2003
    IC: Oracle

Barbara raised her head slowly.
    "I....I'm fine Batgirl, thanks. Just a headache. But what I don't understand was what Bane was doing here in the first place. Who would want my system?"
    She dragged herself into a sitting position and then back up onto her wheelchair.
    "But right now I have no means of communicating with the others, and that could prove fatal in an emergency." She moved carefully over to the wreckage of where her system had stood. If she could wire up some kind of com she might be able to get in touch with Bruce or Dick. She turned to Cass.
    "I don't think there's much more you can do here, Bane got what he came for. Go back onto patrol and if you come across anyone else, Batman, Robin or Nightwing, tell them what happened. OK?"

TAG: Batgirl.

20. Livi-Wan

Livi-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Batgirl
    Oracle's Clock Tower

Cassandra watched with relief as Oracle managed to pull herself back onto her wheelchair. She would have had no real idea what to do if Barbara had been hurt, and she'd already screwed up by letting Bande get away with the computer.

"What about the, uh, Batcave?" she asked. "Shouldn't Batman have kept a backup system?"

It was an idea, anyway.

[TAG Oracle, Reynar]

21. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Red Hood

Hobbs Bay, Gotham City

It did take some time, but the Red Hood did finally make it to the warehouse. The Masked Vigilante walked casually towards Harley Quinn and nodded. He pointed towards the warehouse doors with a gloved hand and motioned with his helmeted head towards the same, silently inquiring if that was the place.

A cursory glance revealed that Mr.Freeze was going in alone. Red Hood pointed at his watch then quickly followed after Victor Fries, all while keeping a discreet distance from the frigid villain.

It was time to see what this gathering was all about.

Tag: Reynar, Penguinator, Jeb

22. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    IC: Jonathan Crane a.k.a. Scarecrow[/u]

Carmine leaned back in his chair, a sign of relief showing on his face. "An old hideout inside the clock tower in central Gotham," he said, laying out the instructions for Crane. "Evidently it ain't easy to find, but if my guys can spot her entering it, you can."

Crane nodded. "Alright," he said, standing up to shake the crime bosses hand. As he left, he thought about ways to go about this hunt for the Huntress. There was no doubt in his mind that he could find the clock tower and this female killer, he was the best - what do they call him - villain Gotham had to offer. However, that wasn't what he was worried about; how he would go about killing her was.

He left the same way he came in, passing those men playing cards, this time, not even acknowledging them. Jon, suitcase in hand, stood on the street corner, and waved his hand for the nearest cab. When one approached, he entered. "Where to?" The cab driver asked.

"I need to be at a building..." he paused and stroked his chin as if in thought. "It's abouta block away from the clock tower in central Gotham. Can you take me there?"

"For a fee," the cab driver said with a serious face. Crane nodded, wanting to smack the look off the drivers face.

Within the next half hour, the driver approached a small grocery store with a shattered window, and empty shelfs; obviously someone or someones broke into the store and scavenged everything. "Here you go," the driver said, looking into his rear-view mirror. No one was there. He turned to look, and, at that moment, Crane popped up and shoved a small knife through the mans throat. Blood spewed forth, and, within moments, the driver was dead. Crane simply exited the vehicle, and made his way towards the clock tower located no more than a football fields length away. He looked at it, and it was just about to strike midnight.

TAG: No one as of yet

23. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Onyx
    Rooftop of GCPD Headquarters; Gotham City

"Do you have anything else you wish to add, Commissioner?" Onyx had asked from the shadows, finding the entire situation a bit amusing, as she sat on her ledge.

The Comish smirked, and once again pushed the bridge of his glasses up with his forefinger. "No, no I think I'm done here," He stated, as he headed into the door leading into the GCPD building. "You two have a good night." Onyx almost laughed, as the commissioner shot a wink at Batty, and then shut the door behind him.

Onyx spoke from the shadows. "My, my, that was interesting." She paused a bit. "So, are you going to take me out to dinner, or shall we be eating here?" she asked with a smirk. She leaped out from her hiding spot, and did a small flip to land near Batman.

"So, where do two costumed souls, go for a night out on the town here? It's been awhile.." she asked with a slight grin, as she waited for Batman to respond.

TAG:Batman
    *Prods Batman awake*

24. Zedd-Vega

Zedd-Vega Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 2003
    Croc

Iceberg Lounge, Gotham City

Wilma didn't seem phased by the fact the pointy nosed mutant had kissed her gray-green scaled hand, but then again, that didn't stop her from retracting it and wincing at the prospect of drinking anything short of water. She shook her head as kindly as she could, feeling the need to act like a proper lady, despite the scantily-clad company Penguin surrounded himself with. She arched a scaled brow and eyed the shorter man, wondering why she was summoned here. "So what did you need me for?" She never used to be so short with her conversations, but in the more recent weeks, she had to. Otherwise the animal inside of her would literally jump out.

"I don't throw my muscle around anymore, Cobblepot. So unless it's wetwork," Croc paused thinking that the man who resembled an aquatic bird would've probably chuckled at her remark about something being "wet". Instead, to prevent her from throwing the fat buzzard into the ice-filled fountain that greatly resembled, well, an iceberg, she shot him a vicious glare, one that usually stopped someone in their tracks or in their sentence. Wilma left it at that.

TAG: Penguin

25. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    Batman
    Rooftop of allure

Bruce laughed at his companion's spunky nature. It had been a while since he had been around someone so...nice. Especially in these dark times.

"I know of a place...where we can go...costumes and all. But, it's not the kind of place millionaires frequent with their beautiful dates..."

Bruce spoke of course, of the grimy, smelly, sweat stained restaurant "Big Joes". Being in his line of work, the Dark Knight, had, at times, been forced to venture into the underworld, and when he did so, he found that "Big Joes" had the best burger around.

TAG: Onyx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.