main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Battle of Yavin, What Do You Think?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: TCG' started by VongLah, Mar 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VongLah

VongLah Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2002
    Now that the whole set it out, what do you all think? Vader A from ANH and Tarkin A from BOY are going to be a mean combo.

Chewbacca A is very cool all by himself. Retaliate almost seems too good. It will be hard to get rid of those guys without serious attrition. I'm thinking some Target the Senators will help do the job without it getting to retaliate.

2. Bacabachaui

Bacabachaui Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    Those are all good points.

I am going to build a MEAN Stormtrooper deck with Vader E

3. Jedi_Benji

Jedi_Benji Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 2, 2002
    interesting, i think i might try a nice swarm deck based round dsc.

4. Ketricel

Ketricel Jedi Youngling

Mar 24, 2003
    ive found that Rebel/Swarm decks are very very effective for 2 reasons:
    1. They all give each other boosts
    2. You can throw alot at ur opponent Very quickly

5. RedneckJedi

RedneckJedi Historian, JediOKC Manager Emeritus star 2 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 20, 2002
    ANH took me away from Jedi-based decks... freeing up a lot of Force for some nifty Battle card use. The combo possibilities were also greatly enhanced with this release and BoY only makes it better.

I'm contemplating getting my buddies together for a ANH & BoY only mini-tournament.

6. superskrull2k2

superskrull2k2 SW Insider and Undefeated Magazine Editor VIP

Feb 19, 2003
    Do you mean Battle of Yavin? It seems that way considering you just posted this yesterday. Regardless of the individual cards that are cool, now Rebel and Imperial strategies are just as viable as clones and droids.

My favorite cards I can't wait to play with are Tarkin A, Han B, all three Falcons, Luke's X-wing B, R2-Q5, Wullf Yularen, Rebel Freerunner, and Luke G (G! Already? Wow.).

The Tattoine Hangar is one damn spiffy card, and I think it's going to see tons of play. The only drawback is that Ground seems to be the most often contested arena already, so Hangars will be able to sit back and do thier thing for turns and turns while the other units pick eachother apart.

7. Starkiller1

Starkiller1 Jedi Youngling

Mar 24, 2003
    I disliked ANH due to the lack of cards I considered deckworthy but I'm loving BoY, it has a slew of useful cards and it is forcing me to really rework my decks.

8. VongLah

VongLah Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2002
    Doh! I meant Battle of Yavin! Can an admin change that for me? [face_blush]

9. SithDooku

SithDooku Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 7, 2002
    We know what you mean...

I like the Han and Chewie cards but many of the Dark side cards just don't fit into my deck, so It may take some time before I can fully express myself on how much I like it.

10. Bacabachaui

Jan 24, 2002
  11. yodasoda2187

yodasoda2187 Jedi Grand Master star 1

Sep 2, 2002
    I really like the Chewbacca cards from Battle of Yavin. I had been looking forward to Chewbacca and I think they did a great job on his character.

12. Jedi_Natalie

Jedi_Natalie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    I got my first 3 packs of BoY the other day. I'm excited that I found a place that sells them. I'll let you knwo what I think once I've played with the cards a bit more.

13. Jedi_Benji

Oct 2, 2002
    jeez, i cant find BOY anywhere, i wish i could though, i already got a nice deck planned out... :D

14. SithDooku

SithDooku Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 7, 2002
    If shipping weren't such a problem I could help you out.

15. Bacabachaui

Jan 24, 2002
    JB, if a local shop doesn't carry it, ask them to. Go talk to the owner.

If they don't, just save your money and buy a box at Rebelbasers. In the long run you'll get more for your money.

16. Jedi_Benji

Oct 2, 2002
    yea i might have a word, problem is that i dont have a card shop near me, im buying from Dymocks and EB!

17. yoda4982

yoda4982 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    Well i opened my first to packs and pulled, rare millinum Falcon and rare Han Solo

Third pack, pull Porkins

i like the cards so far, i can't wait to get my box and pulled me a new deck.

18. Capt_Piett

Capt_Piett Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2002
    I am surprised that my local Wizards of the Coast store doesn't sell Battle of Yavin cards.
    Anyway, just opened my first three, got a foil Vader, and I am liking what I see. I will need to go back for more cards later this month.

19. Jedi_Natalie

May 20, 2002
    I found a place that has more BoY (the other place ran out). I bought 5 packs and I loooove what I got: 2 different rare Chewbaccas, 1 rare Death Star &&& 1 foil rare Death Star & 1 foil rare Obi-Wan Kenobi!!! :D :D Plus I got 4 common Han Solo's and lot of other cool cards :D

20. Jedi_Benji

Oct 2, 2002
    Which Death Stars you get?

21. Jedi_Natalie

May 20, 2002
    The 15 15 15 one with bombard 8 for foil and non-foil. I've had a chance to play it a few times (many times I have attempted to build it but never got it out) and it does seem to hold its own. I think with a little more deck modifying it will fit in better. Have to be careful of the high build - I'm a fan of swarm decks :) .

22. Itchy_c

Itchy_c Jedi Youngling

Sep 14, 2002
    I Love the set. Vader is awesome. Does any one play the Death Star? I couldn't imagine playing that since my light side deck would tear it apart.

23. Jedi_Natalie

May 20, 2002
    Yah i have a light side deck that is mostly all starfighters and pilots with a few powerful characters like yoda and mace then a rounded ground arena. Space has never been a problem to beat anything coming my way its just a matter of holding one of the other 2 arenas. Its my favorite and most fun deck at the moment :) second would be my dark side discard/force drain deck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.