main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evan, IN Battlestar Galactica Discussion Thread (non-spoilers)

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Mr_Self_Destrukt, May 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jediravenclaw

jediravenclaw Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 29, 2004
    Well...this is speculation, but speculation in light of the last episode, so I'll do the whole "highlight to read" thing down below when I get to my actual guesses... just in case (as this IS the non-spoilers thread) ...

The one who dies has to be a leader to fulfill the "dieing leader" prophesy. This would lead me too to a conclusion that MAYBE this person is the one to find earth? ... but then I think about it and no...the "dieing leader" dies before he/she reaches earth according to the scrolls.

I also think that Baltar officially negated Laura's claim to be the leader after he saved her. she isn't dieing anymore, and I don't think that they will kill her. Besides, she has to live so that she and Adama can go off and be happy on earth together. ^_^

So! my guesses!
    1)Baltar is the leader who will die in the quest for earth. 6 has said OVER and OVER that he "is the chosen one" and we ALL know how THAT role turns out...*nudgenugdewinkwinkAnakincough*

2) Kara is the cylon. This is my guess after the last episode. She is one of the lost 5 and DEFINITLY has knoweldge as to where earth is.

3) As for who will find earth? ... That's a good question and I don't think I'm very confidant in this answer, but I think (as much as I would LOVE it to be Bill) it'll be Lee. I've thought that Lee is going to find earth ever since the whole "ARROW OF APOLLO WILL LEAD US TO EARTH" thing. can you say "foreshadowing"? Sure ya can...

ULKESH! Am I close?? :D

2. Ulkesh2

Ulkesh2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    Well I could tell all...

BUT that would be...

telling.

[face_shhh]

[face_devil]

Reflections On Sunday's Episode (aka The Morning After):

Let's just say the second war in heaven sub-plot from the classic BG is being used and revised by the new version of BG. The figures in glowing white robes are connected to that. Some call them Beings of Light, Angels, or the Lords of Kobol.

Sorry I can not say anything further about the rest of season three. If you want spoilers PM me. I'll spoil you rotten upon request.

3. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    The Following Is Only A Theory:

Will the Model 6 that boarded the Galactica on Sunday's episode gain the name Cassiopeia?

As some may know the name Athena given to Sharon Agathon was a homage to the classic BG. Athena in the classic BG was the biological daughter of the classic show's Commander Adama. In the new BG Sharon was (and is again) like a daughter to the Admiral Adama. It was a nice nod of the head to the classic BG by having the name Athena used.

Now a Model 6 is onboard who seems to not agree with the extermination of Humanity. I speculate that if this Model 6 proves trustworthy like Sharon 'Athena' - then her new Human allies might give this Model 6 a special name. In further homage to the classic BG that name might be Cassiopeia.

Why that name? Well the Model 6 has blonde hair and a demeanor like the classic BG character named Cassiopeia. Furthermore the classic BG's Cassiopeia was a 'lady of the night'. As we all know the Model 6 is quite a 'lady of the night' as well. So it would I think be another nice nod of the head toward the classic BG.

4. jediravenclaw

Dec 29, 2004

...Adama had a daughter??? [face_hypnotized]

I will not write fanfiction

5. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    Yes the Commander Adama played by actor Lorne Greene in the classic BG had a daughter named Athena. She served on her father's battlestar as a bridge officer (very much like Dee's role on the new version of BG). She had the hots for the classic show's male Starbuck. If you ever want to borrow my classic BG DVD set let me know.

6. Edric-The-White

Edric-The-White Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 2005
    I, too, have a boxed set of the classic series. Sadly, the only way I would lend them out is if I went with them. Much like classic Trek, the warm fuzzy feelings it gives me means it never leaves home without me.

Peace,
    Edric.

Side bar, the first actress I ever had a crush on was the chick that played Athena. I used to day dream about being a Starship Captain from Earth that rescues the Galactica and Fleet from a Cylon Fleet. In appreciation, Adama offers me his daughter's hand in marriage.

Side bar II: I never understood the phrase "Hand in Marriage"? Would you not want to marry more than just the hand?

Side bar III: When are we going to plan our geek out day? My lobster costume is ready.

Side bar IV: Just foolin, there is no Side Bar IV

Side bar V: nor is there a Side Bar V

:)

7. Darth_TKD

Darth_TKD Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2002
    I've said the same thing to Ulkesh, but for a completely different reason...

Steve, you never cease to amaze me. :)

"It's a trap!"

8. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    Oops wrong topic
    [face_blush]
    stoopud munkee
    [face_monkey]

9. jediravenclaw

Dec 29, 2004
    ok...in all of Edric's rather scary post, I have only one question to ask...

....lobster suit?? [face_thinking]

do I want to ask why? ;)

10. Edric-The-White

Apr 5, 2005
    This has become something of a legend.

Long ago, I was on a date at a Red Lobster with a cute chick.

She new that I was into Star Wars so (she was not too bright) she asked me if my favorite character was "Dr." Spock.

I said, no that is Star Trek. I finally answered that my favorite character was Admiral Ackbar.

She asked, "who is that?"

I said, you know, the commander of the Rebel Fleet at Endor. He looks like a lobster - at which point I used a lobster as a visual aide and said "IT'S A TRAAAAAAP".

There was no second date.

Still haven't figured out why? Can you help?

Peace,
    Edric

11. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    Would anyone be interested in joining a Battlestar Galactica club? Note this club would be a separate entity from the E'ville Jedi - Star Wars Fan Club. It would be open to all BG fans. That means fans of both the classic BG as well as the revised BG. The name of this potential BG club is the I.F.F.C. 4077th. Translated that club name means-

It's Fun Frakking Cylons 4077th

Some of the activities for the I.F.F.C. might include-

1. An experimental multi-player table-top BG strategy game. This game is a cross between Battleship and the old Fasa Star Trek Role-Playing Game. Players will use the toy ships from the 3 inch BG Titanium series and/or the Konami BG toy line. Some will be supplied by the host. However I encourage potential players to supply their own.

2. Discussion of classic BG and/or revised BG topics. This covers a broad spectrum of subject matter. Examples are-

a.Classic BG episodes (original series and Galactica:1980)
    b.Classic BG revival attempts
    c.Classic BG novels
    d.Classic BG comic books
    e.Classic BG toys/model kits
    f.Classic BG costumes/props

g.Revised BG episodes
    h.Revised BG DTDVD movies/prequels
    i.Revised BG novels
    j.Revised BG comic books
    k.Revised BG toys/model kits
    l.Revised BG costumes/props

3. If possible we might be able to have televised BG marathons. I must first do some asking (begging) of certain parties.

4. Another nifty idea might be to have members play cards - in BG style. We might play the Pyramid card-playing game from the classic BG. Or we might play the revised BG's Triad card-playing game.

5. Group trips to local sci-fi conventions. Examples include the following events.

a. Febrauary 17-18, 2007 - Metropolis Sci-Fi, Comic, Toy Convention
    b. May (Memorial Day weekend), 2007 - Wonderfest Sci-Fi Modeling Convention
    c. Others?

6. Pin-The-Tail-On-The-Daggit Game. (alternative game name is Pin-The-Lie-On-Baltar). These names are kinda self explanatory.

12. Edric-The-White

Apr 5, 2005
    Ulkesh,

Sure, I'll join. Will lobsters be alowed?

Edric

13. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    Lobsters...eh?

[face_thinking]

Futurama's Dr. Zoidberg comes to mind.

I guess you can, Edric...just don't PINCH the women folk.

Or as Baltar's Invisible Six might say-
    "We are all God's children, Gaius. Even the lowly lobster."
    (playfully pinching Baltar like a lobster)

[face_devil]

HEH-HEH-HEH

14. jediravenclaw

Dec 29, 2004
    ok, so let me say this without spoilers....

how come the last few episodes have been so...off? I mean, they have a VERY different feel to them. The first episode of 3.5 was fine, but after that - the whole episode with the Baltar thing and everything after has been OFF. And you know when it hit me the most?

I was watching episode 14 tonight (I'm playing catchup from a week in York and Ireland) and Helo actually uses the "F" word. Not "frak"...he drops the F-bomb. wtf? Was a writer fired? Quit? and Replaced with someone who totally doesn't get the BSG "feel"?

I'm even finding myself getting detached more and more from certian characters. I have a very severe love of Roslin and Big Adama...and I'm not loving them so much right now. They aren't even focused on so much...and when they are it isn't the same.

I don't know, maybe it's just me...but still...have you all noticed it?

also...Where the HECK did the "bar" come from that they all hang out at now? Who is the Doctor guy that Helo is so suspicious of? Where on earth (or not) did he come from? Where did those refugees that Helo is dealing with come from? I feel like I'm missing a LOT of backstory and I haven't skipped a single episode...I don't think? (the only way is that if maybe the site I rely on uploaded episode 15 and labeled it 14...)

15. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    Uh, I've watched the very latest BG episode three times now. You mentioned you thought you heard Helo say f--k and not frak. Watch it again and listen very close. Helo uses the correct word and not f--k.

The latest BG episodes seem off to you? Must be the funny thing that happens when you cross the 'pond'. See when you leave the 'new world' for the 'old world' an inner ear / inner mind twist-up occurs. (insert Stacky joke here) Some people never recover from it.

Seriously I've not really noticed anything off about the show. Focus shifts are bound to happen and should continue. If anything the show seems to have come full circle. By this I mean we have one battlestar leading a 'rag-tag' civilian fleet for the 'promise land'. If the show were a musical composition we've come back to the basic theme (only now with more baggage).

Well folks we now have seven episodes yet to watch. We are seven weeks till the end of third season. The real 'fireworks' are yet to come. We should hear very soon whether the BG direct-to-DVD movie is a go (scheduled to film in March). If so that means yes Virginia there is a fourth season!

16. jediravenclaw

Dec 29, 2004

*shrug* I could have misheard...

but either way, it does seem to have a slightly different fell to it. I don't know...to use a phrase that a friend of mine coined, I think we need a little less of the whole "As The Galactica Turns" and a little more of either the traditional soldering, or good old fashioned (non relationship focused) politics. Is it just me or is the whole "Tom being scared of Baltar's trial" either a little out of character from his "go-get-em-all" political attitude, or is it overplayed foreshadowing?

Either way....after the whole New Caprica storyarc, I swore a vow to a friend never ever ever to ever again doubt the direction in which BSG was going, so I'll stick to that vow!...I just still feel that they've hit a small bump in filler and relative discontinuity (again, see my questions above...or did I just miss an episode?)

17. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 1, 2006
    I don't think you missed anything, they have just been throwing some new problems and people at us without back stories. This isn't necessarily a new concept on the show however. Think back to The Captains Hand episode. All the sudden there is a new commander, no backstory, and just one episode in the story arc. I think they are just using these episodes to set up the big bang that is surely coming soon.

I do think it has become a little more soap-opera-like recently. I would be happy with 60 minutes of dogfights and capital ship engagements. All of this character driven stuff is good, but its not exciting. Its still the best show on TV!

18. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    Hey Nuggets!

Official word has hit the net!

Sci-Fi Channel is giving Battlestar a fourth season!

[face_dancing]

That means we will have a BG direct-to-DVD movie as well. The BG D-T-DVD movie will start filming in March. Most likely to be released in September/October(conjecture on my part).

The fourth season of BG will start January of 2008 and will last for thirteen episodes. Hmmm...thirteen episodes...thirteen colonies...might the fourth season be about Earth?

19. HoosierTrooper

Aug 1, 2006
    Is the Direct to DVD movie completely confirmed? Or rather are we only speculating on the release date?

20. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    BG's fourth season is official and begins Jan. 2008. It will run at least 13 episodes long.

The BG direct-to-DVD movie is to start filming in March. It is my conjecture that it will be released between September and November of 2007. This D-T-DVD movie is said to be a story that takes place between seasons 3 and 4.

So here is an impromptu time-line for BG events.

Now:
    *Season 3 (seven more episodes yet to see)

March 2007
    *Filming begins on BG D-T-DVD movie
    *BG RPG GM Screen scheduled for release

April
    *BG novel titled Unity to be released

May-June
    *BG RPG (full game resource)

August (conjecture)
    *BG third season soundtrack released
    *BG third season DVD set released

October-November (conjecture)
    *BG direct-to-DVD movie released

January 2008 (OFFICIAL)
    *BG fourth season starts

2008 - Beyond (conjecture)
    *BG prequel Caprica starts

Please visit Galacticastation.com and follow the links to Battlestar Galactica Gateworld. These two sites are the BG equivilent to TheForce.Net. The info found there is extremely fact-centric.

21. HoosierTrooper

Aug 1, 2006
  22. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Ok, I'm FINALLY caught up thanks to Ravenclaw and her site that streams the eppies, plus the library and its whole 'you don't have to pay for this to take it' policy :p

So yeah, I'm back into BSG :p

23. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    OK something's up with that small black 'soccer' ball with the red lines wrapped around it. That ball means something - not sure what?! But Adama gave it particular attention. That frakkin ball is causing me to develop a nervous tic [face_worried].

BeWaRe oF tHe ReD aNd bLaCk BaLL oF uTtEr DoOm!
    [face_skull]

24. HoosierTrooper

Aug 1, 2006
    I just thought it was a pyramid ball that the Adama boys would have played with. Seemed like it reminded him of his kids.

Now I'm paranoid about the ball too... [face_worried] [face_hypnotized]

25. Darth_TKD

Darth_TKD Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2002
    Paranoid about a fictional ball for a fictional game on an equally fictional sci-fi show...

If that doesn't deserve a "Poor Jennifer...", I don't know what does!

:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.