main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN Battlestar Galactica

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Commander Antilles, Apr 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IrishThunder

IrishThunder Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 5, 2001
    frakin mutiny bullcrap is taking up way too much time. There are too many questions to be answered.

anybody seen these yet?

www.youwillknowthetruth.com

only 7 more episodes left....

2. Commander Antilles

Commander Antilles Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 21, 1999
    Oh God, this episode just oozed awesomeness. We got more of Adama's death glare! How badass does Tigh look when he's pointing a gun at someone? Adama in death glare mode leading posse through corridors = Zarek and Gaeta are going down! No one fraks with Lampkin! Lee reminded us why his last name is Adama. And Baltar even showed signs of developing a little bit of backbone and honesty!

As for Gaeta and Zarek, I'll miss them both. Zarek turned into an undisputed villain in this episode, but he did shake things up politically (it risks being even more of an Adama-Roslin-Lee lovefest now with no Zarek and Quorum), and I suppose Gaeta earnt his bullet for mutinying, but he was a flawed idealist to the end.

And did anyone see the preview? Looks like we're going to get answers to some of the unanswered questions!

3. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Ellen comes back!!!

I wonder if she's a bad cylon or a good cylon. And when was she reborn?

I think Zarek got what he deserved, and Gaeta had to know if you go mutiny on Adama, your life if forfeit.

Poor Kara, she just doesn't have good luck on the man front.

4. IrishThunder

IrishThunder Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 5, 2001
    I appreciate the way they wrapped up Tom and Felix's stories. Hopefully Friday we'll get to some of the meat of the story. I agree one of the big ?'s now is whether Ellen comes back all glenda the good witch or comes back a woman scorned.

And they better airlock Racetrack, she broke my heart taking part in the mutiny.

5. WonderPants

WonderPants Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 6, 2003
    So anyone been watching this lately?

Deadlock was a bad soap opera, but last week's was a cracker. Hearing All Along the Watchtower again was awesome!

6. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    It took me awhile to figure out that was Kara's dad, but yeah All Along the Watchtower sent chills down my spine!

So Hera is a big damn deal, I figured all along she was, and they were just sidetracking us.

And Chief.... *shakes head*

Three episodes left to wrap this up... I don't know how they're going to do it!

7. WonderPants

Mar 6, 2003
    Well, it's done. Did anyone see the finale?

God speed, Adama and co. :_|

8. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    I did. OMG. I never expected them to be able to end it all nice and tidy. But they did.

Crazy action the first hour, and all the questions answered last hour.

9. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    Nicki recorded it and it quit with 10 minutes to go!

We found the last 5 minutes online. I liked the end montage, but dang do I still have questions!

Once this season hits DVD I'll sit down and watch the episodes back to back. I missed a few and I think that's what's got me confused on a few things.

[image=http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/linworkman/midsouthcon09/IMG_9007.jpg]

Was cool they showed it at the hotel. Looked like they had both flat screens near registration on Sci-Fi all weekend.

10. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    I've got it DVR'd if you guys want to come over one night this week and watch it. Maybe Friday?

11. WonderPants

Mar 6, 2003
    My thoughts:

It did tie up most of the loose ends (if you were wondering about Starbuck, my take on it is that the BSG God (whatever it is) that Head Six and Head Baltar (who are basically angels) were acting for brought Starbuck back, first to lead them to Earth 1 and realise exactly what the cycle was, and then to lead them to a habitable home. When that was done, she departed, presumably to join Anders on the "other side", whatever that might be. That was the destiny that Leoben kept bringing up whenever he met her, and which she finally accepted in Maelstrom before dying. Starbuck's the BSG version of Jesus or Gandalf!

Roslin's death was a tearjerker alright, though I'm a bit annoyed she actually made it to Earth. I was convinced she'd die on Galactica before or after the attack on the colony.

And I'm surprised Adama lived. I was sure he'd go down heroically with Galactica. Actually, his conclusion was the saddest part of the finale by far. He goes off with Roslin for a final flight before she dies, having said goodbye to Lee and Kara (not to Tigh though??), and the last we see of him is him sitting by Roslin's grave telling her about the cabin he's building.Did he just stay there for the rest of his life and never see anyone from the fleet again?

Yay for Tori getting her dues! I really thought that Cally would never get some justice, particularly with the way she got posthumously shat on this season.

And double yay for Helo living! I read a spoiler about him getting shot in the leg beforehand, so I thought he was a goner. Actually, I'm surprised that all the main cast lived (except for Roslin and Tori, of course).

Last but not least, Baltar. He finally achieved a redemption of sorts, I guess, by ditching his groupies and finally doing something that didn't benefit himself (at least, I hope not, since it did get him Caprica Six again).

And I did love the TOS theme playing as they finally reached Earth. I get a lump in my throat whenever I watch Adama doing the final flypast and Anders takes the fleet into the sun as the theme music kicks in.

12. TNPredsFan

TNPredsFan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2004
    We've got errands to run after work tonight, but I'd like to see it again. Pick a day and let us know.

13. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    You guys are welcome to come over and watch it tomorrow night. I've got the whole season DVR'd.

14. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    Has anyone watched Caprica yet?

15. WonderPants

Mar 6, 2003
    Saw it a while back. OK, but it's only worth carrying on with if they show us the first Cylon war.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.