main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx BattleTech anyone? *date change!!!*

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by sideshow212, Oct 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sideshow212

sideshow212 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    jedi wench, phoenyx lives in the north all right, in idaho! :D
    he used to live down here in the valley, and is sorely missed...

2. Darth_Greedo

Darth_Greedo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 15, 2002
    You never know how much you can miss your friends until they are gone.
    -by me

Friends are something not found or taken. A friendship is given to you like a precious diamond. But you must choose wisely in the diamonds you pick because you will never know which one will be a cubic zarconia.

3. Jedi_Wench

Jedi_Wench Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2002
    Ah man! I was hoping I would no longer be a loner up here! *POUT*

Very true Greedo!

4. Phoenyx

Phoenyx Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 5, 2002
    I found a flight for $233. it would put me in the valley ffrom the 29th of november through the 3rd of december... I could come down..... :)

5. sideshow212

Feb 3, 2002
    you know my house is your house buddy!
    you can crash on my couch or whatever you want...
    sweet! d00d this is gonna rock if you come down!

PM me if you don't have my new cell number, or if you do, gimme a call phoenyx!!!

6. Phoenyx

Jun 5, 2002
    currently we are on the same time zones. I R working from 3pm to midnight. When exactly would you like for me to be calling you?

7. Darth_Myles

Darth_Myles Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 2002
    hey...hey...hey... if Mr. Joseph DOES manage to make it down, he is stayin' at my place, and that is the final word on that. Don't MAKE me go POSTAL!...besides...my wife will kill me if I didn't at least try to get him to stay here...

8. sideshow212

Feb 3, 2002
    whatever...

joe, call me anytime in the afternoon and i should be able to talk.

9. Darth_Myles

Aug 1, 2002
    hehe...does this mean that you will not be making it down in November at all Joseph?

10. Darth_Myles

Aug 1, 2002
    dood...the wookie posts and then isn't heard from again?

Where oh, where has my hairy friend gone...
    Oh where, oh where can he be???

My god I need to get more than three hours of sleep before trying to say anything intelligent...wait a minute...why do I feel like I just opened myself up for something?!?

11. Phoenyx

Jun 5, 2002
    Intelligent being the operative term there. You know Myles you must be very felxible to put your foot in your mouth with such ease.... I am impressed. Yes I will be coming. My next check is going to by me a coat, and a plane ticket. No Myles I can't make it down earlier. I am sorry. However, I will be there for a number of days, and any games organized will be gladly played.... I swear to all of those playing I will not use Arrow IV missile artillary systems and Helicopters with Mast mount tag units. Fear my approach for the storm is coming.... :)

12. Ion_Control

Ion_Control Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 23, 2002
    Sounds very...interesting. [face_shocked] [face_laugh]

13. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    Would someone mind if I borrow their BTech core rulebook sometime? I'd like to get familiar with the rules before the game starts.

14. Phoenyx

Jun 5, 2002
    Hey hey hey. Are we running custom mechs or book? I am fine either way, I just want to know what to expect... and wether or not I need to build any mechs.... hit me back and let me know. It sounds like a few newbies will be in attendance, so It should be alright if I'm a couple of hours late, right? I mean you guys wouldn't want ME teaching the newbies would ya? sides, several of my RPGA friends are getting together that day at Imperial outpost and I would like to say hi to them and pick up another battletech book. So I will see you guys at about 2:00 pm at sideshows... Cool? I can be over ruled, so let me know.

-Jo

15. sideshow212

Feb 3, 2002
    IA, you can borrow mine, i will bring it to the meeting this saturday...

phoenyx, as we will have some newbies, the first game(s) will be small and with book mechs. we will probably culminate the evening with a bigger custom mech battle. its cool with me if you come over at 2:00pm, we will be going for most of the afternoon/evening...

16. Phoenyx

Jun 5, 2002
    It has been confirmed. My request for time off is approved, and I will be purchasing the tickets on friday. I will be in the valley and will blow some stuff up. Thanks for allowing me to join in the festivities.

17. sideshow212

Feb 3, 2002
    you're always welcome my friend!

18. Darth_Myles

Aug 1, 2002
    WOOHOO!!!...is alcohol allowed at the BT party???

19. sideshow212

Feb 3, 2002
    sure, but i think it might impair your mech piloting just a little! ;)

20. VoidDancer

VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2002
    STOCK MECHS !!!!!!!!!!

I haven't fought with a Stock Mech since '89.

::sneaks away a tool kit into his mech::

21. Darth_Myles

Aug 1, 2002
    are you kidding? I traget bettr whn I is drink.... :D

22. Phoenyx

Jun 5, 2002
    hey hey hey. ju guys want to take the following monday off and reinitiate an old custom? the ANNUAL ALL NIGHT CHRISTMAS PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!! we haven't done this in a while, and I woul really like a little tradition this year. Let me know what you guys think....

-Jo

23. sideshow212

Feb 3, 2002
    don't know if i can take another day off work, but never fear, teh all night battletech party SHALL return!!! ;)

24. Phoenyx

Jun 5, 2002
    Well, Dreck. We have hit upon a small snag. Myles has something he cannot miss on Sunday, and my buddies in the Shield of Almor have requested my presence for an important meeting. Now, I did have this planned first, and many of you are amongst my closest friends. As it is still early in November / December would it be at all possible to move this event forward or backward by one day? Nothing is set in stone, so have no fears that I will abandon you. I'd be first in line to kick my ass, and then I'd pass out lolipops to the first 8 participants. If there is any way We can move the date, that would be most helpful. If not, I will simply do the best I can to meet all of My obligations in the order in which they were received... I didn't post this to get anybodys feathers ruffled or anybodys teats in a ringer. I put it here because you ARE my friends and deserve to know whats happening. And besides, I don't like suffering by my self. :) let me know.

-Jo

25. sideshow212

Feb 3, 2002
    well, what do you think everyone?

i dont have a problem with moving the date to saturday, november 30th, the day before...

is that OK with everyone else?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.