main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spok, WA BBQ and other meeting plans

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by The_Cheeser, Jul 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Cheeser

The_Cheeser Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 16, 2005
    The season is seeming very summery finally, and I would very much like to have a BBQ with you all!

To get the most people, we should all suggest places and dates. Either parks that have known grills or people's houses to donate.

Let's figure this out!

I know Shadle park has grills and I am open most Saturdays and Sundays.

If it works out, it would be nice to have an official meeting with officers (gasp!) too.

2. The_Cheeser

Feb 16, 2005
    What I would like is more of an "everyone we can get" event. Food, nerf guns, lightsabers, lightsaber larping, frisbee, this kind of fun crazy stuff. Someone's big yard or a park.

3. Eledaia

Eledaia Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2004
    Didn't you guys have a meeting like that at the park by Smudge's house? I think a park near a base of operations is ideal.

4. The_Cheeser

Feb 16, 2005
    Good point. Friendship park is near Smudge's.

5. The_Cheeser

Feb 16, 2005
    Ok, so a place and time has been decided by group members yesterday.

Where: coeur d'alene park (Brown's edition, Spokane)

When: August 21 (Sunday after SpoCon)

Things that will still need to be decided/donated:
    Grills
    Meats
    Things that go with grilled meats

Hopefully most people from the group can attend, plus, any possible new recruits from talking to people at SpoCon. So bringing and social items would be great (Munchkin, frisbee, nerf...)

If you can help or provide something for this event, please post below. Once some things are decided, an official event post can be made with details. We might even have a card or flyer that could be handed out during the con (in my mind, that seems like a good idea, we'll see.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.