main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Between Love and Hate I: What's a girl to do! ( Link to the sequel up) 6/12!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Rose_Skywalker, May 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZebulaNebula

ZebulaNebula Jedi Master star 5

Feb 10, 2005
    I know. It's just you kinda left us hanging over Cira Blackmoon. In a good way.

*Snags post 2301*

2. Rose_Skywalker

Rose_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2002

Well i have to give you guys a reason to keep coming back ;)

3. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
  4. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    No Sunday postie. Bummer. :(

5. Rose_Skywalker

Nov 17, 2002

Neo-Paladin-Yeah, that boy is 'succumbing to Jaina?s will' alright. Here's hoping they enjoy the peace while it lasts, as we all know it's not going to

Of course not, especially not in one of my stories. But it will be peaceful at least between them for a while ;)

As an aside, turning this story line into a J/J line wouldn't just be a bad April fool's joke it would break my little heart. I'm pleased to hear you aren't even entertaining the notion.

Yeah, I wrote a Jaina/Jag/Zekk story once and i never finished it. I find Jag slightly hard to write and not nearly as fun to mess with. Plus I promised TJF, and a few other readers (none of which i think are reading anymore) that i would never bring Jag into this story.

RK_Striker_JK_5-h, how cute! Nice Jaina/Zekk mush. And nice little scene with the three of them beforehand.

Yep, i don't write mush alot, but this story needed some. I mean this is a love story after all. Thanks this was the first post where i actually got to write Jaina and Jacen together.

hope Ryker's okay, though. Great post, Rose.

Come on, i couldn't kill off my favorite OC ;)

ZebulaNebula-Cute password on Jaina's part

thanks, Jaina had to come up something Zekk would never think of :)

Scorched the snakes off"? I guess the heat would make a reptile high-tail it out of there, unless he lit them on fire. I've never seen a burning snake before, burning caterpillar, yes, snake, no.

I know it seems odd. If you ever watch the animal channel, or the croc hunter when there are trying to get snakes out of their burrows they light them (the burrows) on fire. They do the same thing to gophers actually. That where i got the idea. Cold blooded animals don't like fire too much.

I thought Jedi almost never left their sabers anywhere they couldn't get at in a Coruscant second.

Yeah, well some do. I remember reading in one book where a jedi had to run back to there room to get their saber for a fight. Plus i'm sure Jaina didn't expect to need her lightsaber in a planning meeting with Ryker. :p

hollynkesten-awesome job rose!! Keep up the good work, i guess thats an easy way to ease Zekk's being upset, learning what the code was hehe!

Yeah, Zekk could definitly be more upset. I know if someone rigged my car to not listen to me i would be irrate, but the password is too cute to be mad :)

Fireyforce-Sorry, just got home from Mass. YAY for J/Z mush!! Not enough on the boards, excellent, excellent stuff Rose

I love a little J/Z mush myself. There really isn't enough J/Z on this board in general. TJF and myself seem to be the big writers of it, but i do see alot more authors doing it now.

Ryker wakes up soon, maybe he'll be able to sort this mess out.

It couldn't be soon enough :D

The_Jedi_Obi-Solo-Those were some good posts!

thanks Welcome back! [face_hug]

RevaDurron- And some mushy stuff every now and then won't harm anything.

I liked it!

YAY1 I'm glad you liked it. I always think i'm writing mush wrong. Maybe it's because i write out of anger or pain or boredom and not out of love.

6. Rose_Skywalker

Nov 17, 2002
    Sorry guys for not having a post done for last week. I was super busy with RA stuff. I had a meeting to go to, and an awards presentation to work on and i got so swamped i couldn't get anything done. But since i hate missing posts, I feel like i need to make it up to you sooooo You're getting double posts this Weekend!. One will go up tonight and one will go up tomorrow. Hope you like! :D

Post Ninety-Eight
    Tahiri met Jacen as he walked off the landing ramp on Solo?s Pride. ?How is Jaina,? she asked.

?She?s fine. You know Jaina, she gets her way in an out of everything.? Jacen eyed her suspiciously. Her shoulder seemed to be patched up fine, but she seemed? not right. Jacen couldn?t put his finger on it. She didn?t look upset, and she hadn?t been crying. She didn?t seem mad, but yet she seemed withdrawn. ?How is everyone,? He asked.

?Well I haven?t been back to see Ryker in the last 12 hours, but when I was there the doctors said he would be fine. They were just waiting for him to wake up.?

?Well let?s go visit him. I'm sure he?ll love to hear Jaina?s crazy adventure.?

~*~
    Ryker blinked his eyes opened. Everything seemed blurry in his room. He picked out Malou-Ra in the corner of the room. You can?t miss a Bothan, he thought. His eyes wandered, and he couldn?t really focus. He saw a mix of red and brown over next to what looked like a chair. He saw Nooska?s blue form sitting on the form, probably sleeping, he thought. He rolled over and looked next to him, he saw a mass of blond hair. He stretched his fingers, feeling her hand in his. So Tahiri did come around, he thought, She was probably so distraught at me being hurt she hasn?t left my side. Ryker grinned to himself. His vision fully regained, he stretched his arms over his head and yawned. This one little yawn seemed to awaken the whole room. In a flash, Malou-Ra was standing over him shrieking.

?OH MY Sweet Force Ryker! You had us scared have to death! Don?t you ever do something noble like that again! I'm going to make Jaina demote you for this!? Malou-Ra screamed at him; while she flung herself down to give him a bone-crushing hug.

Nooska and Aurota quickly circled around his bed laughing at the over emotional female Bothan. Layla squeezed her way in between the two male pilots to see for herself Malou-Ra?s overreaction. She was about to say something to her about sending Ryker back to a coma that way when another voice jumped in.

?Get your grubby hands off my Fiancé,? a voice snapped at Malou-Ra.

Ryker looked confused as Malou-Ra pulled away from him. He didn?t remember Tahiri?s voice sounding like that, nor did he remember asking anyone to marry him. How long have I been out for, he thought.

?I have no problem blasting you out of this hospital room,? Ryker heard Layla snap back at the voice.

Ryker rolled over to look at the unfortunate face of Cira Blackmoon. She smiled at him and started cooing. ?Oh, my poor baby pilot. You?ve gone and got yourself all banged up being the noble man you are. But don?t worry as soon as we get out of here I'm going to make it all better. You just let Cira take care of you.?

Cira continued to talk to him, as Ryker looked helplessly over at Nooska. His eye?s pleaded with Nooska to get him, or her, or one of them out of there. Nooska shrugged in return. Ryker sensed they had tried all they could to get her to leave, and he laid back in the bed wondering how to get her out of there, and where Tahiri was. He opened his mouth to start to say something but found that he was too parched to talk. Nooska quickly realized and handed him a glass of water. Taking a few sips, Ryker wondered what to ask first: how he got in the med bay in the first place, how long he had been out for, if Delphi made it back alive, but what ended up coming out shocked even him.

?Is Tahiri okay??

~*~
    ?So how are Illiosh and Pancha,? Jacen asked Tahiri, as they walked down the corridor in the med bay.

?They?ve been better. Th

7. Dev_Binks

Dev_Binks Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 7, 2003
    Awesome, I get first post.

Amazing, and dang Cira, why can't Ryker just shoot her?

8. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    Wow! Cira's such a #####! Acts like Caitlin (miss dagger) times four. I bet Tahiri is gonna go mope in the ladies' room.

9. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    Nice posts you got going, Rose. Great job. :D

*puts on bounty hunter uniform* Do I hear any bounties on Cira? :cool: ;)

10. Rose_Skywalker

Nov 17, 2002

Don't worry I didn't plan to have Cira in this story long. She's just going to serve her purpose and leave. Who'd have ever thought that little itty bitty Oc Ryker Tamblin, the auburn haired, Blue-eyed pilot would get nearly as much sympathy and attention as the Canon characters? Never in my wildest dreams did i ever think that Ryker would go over this well. But i'm rather glad he has :D

11. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Come on, it's Ryker. ;)

12. Dev_Binks

Dev_Binks Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 7, 2003
    He's a fighter pilot, Jaina's XO, and inspired by Han... of course we like him!!! :rolleyes: Silly woman.

13. Rose_Skywalker

Nov 17, 2002

:p

Dev_Binks-Awesome, I get first post.

you're good at that ;)

Amazing, and dang Cira, why can't Ryker just shoot her?

well he probably could, except that i'm sure the Hospital stripped him of all his weapons when he came in :p

He's a fighter pilot, Jaina's XO, and inspired by Han... of course we like him!!!

Most Oc's don't get this much fanfare. I'm a little shocked. Of course considering i wrote Ryker on whim, I would be. Thankfully he will be plastered all over the sequel for you to enjoy :)

ZebulaNebula-Wow! Cira's such a #####!

Yeah Cira's something alright [face_devil]

Acts like Caitlin (miss dagger) times four.

[face_laugh]

I bet Tahiri is gonna go mope in the ladies' room.

Nope, no moping for Tahiri, she's just going to immerse herself in her work to forget about how Ryker (didn't) played her.

Darth_Elu-Nice posts you got going, Rose. Great job.

Thanks! :D

*puts on bounty hunter uniform* Do I hear any bounties on Cira?

[face_laugh] she's a willy one that girl ;)

So whose up for the next post? [face_devil]

14. RevaDurron

RevaDurron Jedi Master star 5

Jan 27, 2005
    Wow, I am kinda scared of how Tahiri is so mature. I mean I like the way she is portrayed and all, it's just sorta different from the norm.

Anyway, keep it going, it's good. :)

15. Rose_Skywalker

Nov 17, 2002

RevaDurron-Wow, I am kinda scared of how Tahiri is so mature. I mean I like the way she is portrayed and all, it's just sorta different from the norm.

Yeah, Tahiri is mature in this story. I think i need to put up a Character list. I think i neglected to mention that Tahiri is 23 in this story. She's no longer the teenager in love with Anakin. The war is over, He's been dead for several years, and she's grown up. She's even a teacher at the Jedi academy. I wanted my characters to be a little bit older and wiser (expect for maybe Jaina), Cause i have a belief you don't go through something like War and not come out unchanged. But i'm glad you liked :D

16. Rose_Skywalker

Nov 17, 2002

even thought there are only 2 posts left in this story i figure it was about time to put up the character list. Cause even i get confused with some of my characters :p

Dramatis Personae

Amaryllis Vai- Female, Human, Jedi trainee, New Republic Liaison
    Ambia Resoto- Female, Human, Pilot- Twin Suns #12
    Aurota Resoto- Male, Human, Pilot- Twin suns #9
    Ben Skywalker- male, Human, Jedi trainee (age 5)
    Brakiss- Male, Human, Dark Jedi
    Chemis A'Tulo- Male, Sullustan, Pilot-Twin Suns #6
    Delphi Zunbar- Male, Human, Pilot-Twin Suns #8- Deceased
    Ganner Ryhsode- Male, Human, Jedi Knight (age 28)
    Han Solo- male, Human, Pilot
    Illiosh- Male, Yuuzhan Vong
    Jacen Solo- Male, Human, Jedi Knight (age 25)
    Jade Skywalker- female, Human, Jedi trainee (age 3)
    Jaina Solo- Female, Human, Jedi Knight, Commander-Twin suns (age 25)
    Kelis Yuno-Female, Human, Pilot- Twin Suns #5
    Layla Ta'Djo Luria- female, Human, Twin Suns #7
    Leia Organa Solo- Female, human, Jedi knight, Diplomat
    Luke Skywalker- Male, human, Jedi Master
    Malou-Ra A'Fey- Female, Bothan, Pilot- Twin Suns #3
    Mara Jade Skywalker- Female, Human, Jedi Master
    Nooska Hippolo- Male, Twi'lek, Pilot- Twin Suns #10
    Pancha- Female, Yuuzhan Vong
    Raynar Thul- male, Human, Jedi Knight, New Republic Diplomat(age 25)
    Ryker Tamblin- male, human, Pilot- Twin Suns #2 (age 24)
    Rynna Sunni- Female, Human, Cargo Hauler (age 25)
    Selia Thunyor- Female, Tunroth, Pilot- Twin suns #11
    Tahiri Velia- Female, Human, Jedi Knight (age 23)
    Tenel Ka Chume Ta'Djo- Female, Human, Jedi Knight, Queen Mother of Hapes (age 25)
    Zekk- Male, Human, Cargo Runner, Jedi Knight (age 25)
    Zuhan- male, Wookie, Pilot- twin Suns #4

17. Rose_Skywalker

Nov 17, 2002
    Alright Second post time

Post Ninety-Nine
    Epilogue: Five months after the incidents, the entire group is back together at the reception for Jacen and Tenel Ka?s wedding.

The horns blared as the doors into the reception hall opened. One of Dignitaries began to speak loudly ?Will you all please welcome Queen Mother and Prince Consort, Tenel Ka Chume Ta'Djo and Jacen Solo.? The crowd burst into applause and a few hoots and hollers from some of the rogues in the back. Elegantly Tenel Ka strolled forward in a gorgeous Hapan chiffon dress that she managed to look comfortable in, with Jacen, in his traditional Jedi robes, on her arm. The smile radiated off her face, and every Jedi in the room could feel how happy she and Jacen were. The made their way down the stair case into the hall and quickly found their seats at the table. Jaina was on Tenel Ka?s left, looking radiant in her yellow maid of honor?s dress. She smiled at her brother as they sat down, and leaned back and ruffled his hair. Jacen sent her a playful look.

?I never thought it would be you getting married before me,? she told him

?I never expected to be getting married to a Queen,? he replied.

?Well then both of you have been pleasantly surprised,? Tenel Ka stated in a matter of fact way.

Zekk and Lowie leaned around Jacen to look at Jaina. ?Some things never change,? Zekk muttered.

Lowie growled in agreement. Jaina rolled her eyes. ?Since it will be awhile until I have to make a speech, I think I?ll go find Tahiri,? She told them getting up from her seat to search for the blond Jedi.

Jacen reached under the table to hold Tenel Ka?s hand. She smiled at him, as they wove their fingers together. She leaned over to whisper in his ear, ?It won?t be easy being married to the queen.?

?It wouldn?t be easy being married to you, Queen or not.?

?Fact,? she smiled at him, ? But there will be people out to kill us daily.?

?It won?t be anything new for either of us, but at least will get to fight them off together.? He kissed her cheek.

~*~
    Jaina pulled up a chair next to Tahiri, who was sitting with an older group of Jedi. ?Hey.?

?Hey Jaina, how was the ceremony??

?It was beautiful, but very simple. Just the way Tenel Ka likes it,? she told them. Only family and very close friends had been invited to actually witness the ceremony. In fact outside of Jacen and Tenel Ka?s immediate family only Zekk, Lowie and Anja had been allowed to witness the ceremony.

?I'm sure it was beautiful,? Tahiri smiled at her.

?We?ll if the Holonews has it?s way, I'm sure pictures of it will be plastered all over the news tonight. It?s not often that the Queen of Hapes marries the Son of the Hero?s of the Rebellion. I'm sure someone managed to smuggle in a camera. Although if Tenel Ka ever finds out who, I'm sure they?re going to lose a limb.?

Tahiri laughed, ?It is never smart to get in the path of Tenel Ka?s wrath.?

Jaina giggled at the comment. ?Well I am off to find my squadron,? she told Tahiri while she got up from her chair. ?They may never see me in a dress again, and I'm sure someone wants pictures for blackmail.?

?The squadron is here,? Tahiri, asked her.

?Yes, Jacen insisted that he wouldn?t be alive to get married without them and made sure they were invited to the reception. Although secretly I think he?s doing it to get back at me for kidnapping Zekk.?

Tahiri giggled, ?We?ll tell them I say hello.?

?You?ll probably get the chance to do that yourself. I'm pretty sure Malou-Ra and Layla are going to hunt you down.?

~*~
    ?Let?s have the first dance between the Queen mother and her Husband,? the leader of the band Jacen had hired asked. Jacen turned from thanking Zekk for all the nice things he had said in his speech, and took Tenel Ka?s hand, ?Ready to dance, darling??

She smiled at him in return as they found their way to the dance floor, for their first dance as a married couple. Jaina quickly slid into the chair that Jacen had vacated to sit next to Zekk. ?That was a be

18. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    Simply beautiful. It seems that with J/TK fics, they either elope or go for a small wedding.

And Jaina better've caught that boquet.

19. Neo-Paladin

Neo-Paladin Jedi Master star 4

Dec 10, 2004
    I'm back from a confrence and found two posts waiting for me. Homework can wait :D

I can't wait to see what the Galaxy throws at them all next. While we're at it, I can't wait to see what they throw at each other next o_O

20. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Very nice post, all the dancing and happiness. Awww. :) *turns around and makes a face, then turns back as if nothing happened* :) :p

Luke and Mara were dancing, although it looked like Mara was leading.

[face_laugh] That's Mara for you. :p

As for your question about Hapes marriages...I don't know who takes who's name. I'd imagine it being the husband taking the wife's name, but I don't know.

And the title change is fine with me. :D

21. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Yes, yes, yes, yes!!!!!!!!!!!!

They got married. They got married. They got married.

*Looks about* Can you tell I love that couple?

Last post is next? Drats. This fic rocked, Rose. I'm glad to see everyone together and happy.

22. hollynkesten

hollynkesten Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2004
    keep up the good work!!! i hope your planning to do a sequel, and i cant wait to see the Tahiri - Ryker piece!

23. Rose_Skywalker

Nov 17, 2002

Yeah, I'm sort of scared that the next post is the very last one. I've been working on this story about 3 years now and i'm sort of scared about it ending. Granted that means i get to write the sequel, but still. This is my first completed story ever.

Btw, anyone know if the men take the women's last names on Hapes? I actually need to know this for the sequel. Although i think Jacen isn't about to be giving up the famous Solo last name. ;)

24. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    The male does take the female's name on Hapes, though I could see both taking a hyphenated melding of both names.

25. Fireyforce

Fireyforce Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2003
    *melts into a happy puddle* That was excellent. Ryker please talk to Tahiri and someone slice Cira into small pieces. Perhaps Ganner would be good for this job? I'm sad that there is only one or two posts left to this, but extatic that there is going to be a sequal. Can't wait.

Fireyforce

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.