main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

BIG Addendum to Travels With Yoda...Don't Worry..It's Good!

Discussion in 'Archive: Santa Cruz, CA' started by Master--Kenobi, Aug 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    :D

Well, as most of you know I teach Special Education, K-8th Grade. I've just been given even more with a Special Day Class (so now about 1/2 my kids are with me full time). Anyways..since Geography is part of the cirriculum, I happened to discuss the TWY with my Superintendent today and asked if we could piggyback it onto my lessons. In other words, have a huge map of the world and not only track Master Yoda's travels on it..but ask the FF's to email me a little note about there part of the universe, what they are showing Yoda and a pic of all of them with him. That way, not only can my kids learn a bit more about the world, but actually have to compose a letter back to the FF (so add Language Arts in there too). This would also go to Bantha Tracks (which I was going to tell them about the Travels anyways...) and to the George Lucas Educational Foundation. My Superintendent was estatic about the idea and gave it the greenlight right there (course now I have to write a more compete curriculum to round it out.) A couple of our boardmembers where also there, including our President, and they absolutely loved the idea. In fact I may be making a presentation to the Board at a future meeting.:D

So,, how about it. We will start out with the original kickoff point (here! lol) and then the Disneyland pics that Miana had..and on to London (Hear THAT London...) Even though we will be having our own webpage..(Really Truly Promise..STILL fighting things on that one..and now have a possibility of getting it fixed. THANKS) But our School is setting up individual webpages for the classes..so in about a week or two, we can have our own. This would prove to be an invaluable experience for my kids...and, some of these younglings have never been out of their hometown, let alone experienced anything like this.

So I'm asking all involved to please take a couple of extra minutes and give some Special Needs kids the thrill of a lifetime.

Thanks

Kim/Kenobi

2. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    That sounds awesome, Kim!! :)

3. citizenjohn

citizenjohn Jedi Knight star 5

May 4, 2001
    Sounds like a cool idea :)

4. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Those are fantastic ideas Kim!

I'm always amazed at the ways that SW fans give back through their passion. If I can be of any help, just let me know. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.