main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OKC, OK Big day Tues!

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by scoobydooku27, Nov 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scoobydooku27

scoobydooku27 Jedi Youngling

Nov 8, 2002
    Cant wait till Tues! The AOTC dvd is going to look great!If we are new to the group, how can we get a hold of the bumber sticker some of the other members have. I cant make the meeting in the middle of the week due to work, but I will be at the one on Sat, cant wait to be a part of the group.

2. RedneckJedi

RedneckJedi Historian, JediOKC Manager Emeritus star 2 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 20, 2002
    ScoobyDooku,
    The window/bumper sticker has, so far, turned out to kind of be a one-time thing.

I have a couple left from members who haven't picked their's up. I can look around for other businesses that can crank out custom stickers of this type if there is enough demand.

3. XR73627794

XR73627794 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2002
    TRU is selling the DVD or VHS for only $9.99!!!!
    Anyone care to guess where I'll be this Tuesday? :p

4. RedneckJedi

RedneckJedi Historian, JediOKC Manager Emeritus star 2 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 20, 2002
    $9.99 are you out of your mind?!?!?

5. XR73627794

Jan 12, 2002
    I speak the truth:

TRU advertisement

Found that at Rebelscum.com :)

I was going to try and find out if anyone was having a midnight sale, but forget that, I'm going to TRU during my lunch break Tuesday.

6. FettsBounty2

FettsBounty2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 15, 2002
    I'll be at TRU Tuesday!

MWC Wal-Mart put out the Pan and Scan version of TPM early. You should pick it up if you're into that sick, twised format :p

-Austin
    BH-1116

7. xwing25

xwing25 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 7, 1999
    i'm waiting for the sunday adds to decide on where to get it as most places will price match so just a few days left

8. Starfig873

Starfig873 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 17, 2002
    Here's hoping Wal-Mart will price match. It did work last time though. Thanks to X for having the ad at the time. hehe :)

9. xwing25

Aug 7, 1999
    it will work as i know the system lol now wheres that add at

10. OKCJJ

OKCJJ Jedi Youngling

Nov 9, 2002
    Hi everyone,
    I finally registered with The Force.net.

Anyway, about the movie prices, I have just looked online at TRU ad, and here is the link.

http://www3.toysrus.com/bigbook/prod.cfm?id=632875&page=71

TRU price is $19.99 for DVD/VHS...wish it was the $9.99.

I may still enter a last minute pre-order with Suncoast, same price, but you get a keychain I think.

We also got the Silver R2D2 figure at Quail TRU this past week.

Julie

11. xwing25

Aug 7, 1999
    well i just looked at all the adds in the paper and noone is giving prices in them, best buy is giving a free calader with perchese and suncoast is doing the keychain and that's looks like it for free stuff no one store wants to put a price on it so people will have to go and see what price stores are going to put on it and shop around for the best price i still may be at danforth at midnight to get it there as i do get a discount there so now we wait and see some more

12. darthwalls

darthwalls Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2002
    Hey X did you read the paper with your glasses on? Just kidding! The prices listed in the adds are as follows: Wal-Greens and Eckerds $19.99, Target and Best Buy $15.99. Best Buy has the FREE calendar offer( says the calendar is an 11.00 value but I have seen them at Wal-Mart for 7.00.) Anyway, And TRU add for 9.99. I haven't seen a Wal-Mart add so I'm not for sure the price there. I'm heading to TRU Tuesday. Buy a DVD and 2 army builder figs and I get another Silver R2! YEE-HAW.

13. Starfig873

Jun 17, 2002
    I wouldn't doubt Wal-Mart has it for $19.99 or so, isn't that how much it was last year Jason? I haven't found that TRS ad yet either honestly...still looking though. If that's not an option then the Best Buy ad would be best for price-matchings.

14. xwing25

Aug 7, 1999
    i didn't get the tru add today i don't know why but i plan on stopping there ether today or tomarrow to see if they have it at the store i didn't look in the eccards or walgreens as i didn't thinkabout them as i was looking at big stores and i still didn't see the price at bestbuy except for the vhs tape price

15. Silent_Jedi

Silent_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 2, 2001
    In defense of x--the Best Buy ad states $15.99 for the VHS and doesn't explicitly say the price of the DVD, and Circuit City says $14.99 for the Ep. I DVD, but no price for Ep. II. so there :p

16. xwing25

Aug 7, 1999
    thanks silent_jedi

17. XR73627794

Jan 12, 2002
    Don't ever doubt XR7 kids.
    I went up to X-Roads TRU tonight to try and return some crap I bought and didn't want, and had a little chat with a nice guy that works there, and he gave me a copy of that advertisement. And yes, it is going to be $9.99. The price is valid until November 20th. I swear.

18. ForceDemon

ForceDemon Jedi Youngling

Mar 20, 2002
    http://64.14.232.164/BestBuyInserts/WeeklyFiles/PDFs/1110_07AP1.PDF

looks like the the $16 applies to the DVD as well.

19. xwing25

Aug 7, 1999
    well it looks like i will be stopping by tru tomarrow after work and then going to walmart on danforth at around 11 to 11:30 tomarrow night so i can get the dvd at midnight all are welcome to join me

20. Starfig873

Jun 17, 2002
    I don't have classes tomarrow so I'll definitely be there. That way I can be as tired as I want in the morning. :p

21. Ozzel

Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff star 5 VIP

May 14, 2001
    TRU usually only sells fullscreen. (At least the Quail one, anyways.) $10 is a pretty fair price, considering you'll only get about half of the picture. ;)

Seriously, if you're even considering buying the FS, check out this link and/or this one. Widescreen is the way to go.

For me, it's Randy's M&Ms all the way. :cool:

22. FettsBounty2

Jun 15, 2002
    TRU only sells FS huh? Guess I'll just get the TRU ad and take to WM so they'll price match it.

-Austin
    BH-1116

23. Ozzel

Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff star 5 VIP

May 14, 2001
    Good idea, FB!

Ironically, the ad shows the ws version on it. Go figure. ?[face_plain]

(BTW, they might have it, but if E.T. and Scooby-Doo are any indication, they won't. ;))

24. Starfig873

Jun 17, 2002
    Bah humbug to that I says. :p Widescreen all the way!

25. FettsBounty2

Jun 15, 2002
    BTW, anyone know who's currently got the cheapest price on the LOTR Extended DVD (non gift set)?

-Austin
    BH-1116

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.