main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Birmingham 'Sith' Release?

Discussion in 'Archive: Midlands and Wales' started by Graeme, Oct 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Graeme

Graeme Jedi Youngling

Oct 26, 2005
    Greetings All,

My name's Graeme - recently found these forums. Has anyone got anymore details on whether or not anything's occuring for the release of 'Sith', around Brum?

I actually live in Holly Hall (Dudley), and thought I'd just pop down Merry Hill and buy the DVD, but if anything's happening, I'd be interested.

BTW, how old are you all? I mean, I don't want to feel like an old fogie. I'll be 32 on Monday - thanks George for the great present! =D=

Yours,
    Master GL

2. Lord-Wiz

Lord-Wiz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
    hi graeme :) . there is a wide spread of ages amongst us here, from 16 up to however old tay-mar is :p :p , just click on our user names to see our profiles etc, and that should tell you how old we are.

as far as the dvd release on monday, as far as we are aware there will be some sort of event at hmv in birmingham, we don't have many details but a couple of us will be heading up that way in the morning. you would be more than welcome to join us :).

EDIT: that's most of us in the photo at the top of the page, but if you can bear with all the spam in the thread here are a bunch of pics of us all just to prove that we aren't all younglings.

3. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    Evening, Graeme. Welcome to the group. :)

Don't feel too old, there are a couple here that are around your age - I'm getting there (26). [face_worried]

Anyway, as for Sith, the only thing that is going on is the HMV gathering in Birmingham that some of us are going to. I don't think that Merry Hell...er, Merry Hill is doing anything special. Anyway, nice to see another Black Country geezer in here (Wednesbury, myself!) :p

4. rebeljediknight_88

rebeljediknight_88 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2005
    welcome. good to see a new face. wont see you at b'ham if u chose to go but i hope to see you at one meet sometime soon.

5. Tay-Mar

Tay-Mar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2005
    Hi Graeme

Just a few years older than you, actually my friend.

Enough with that, welcome to the Midlands corner of the boards feel free to wonder around and don't be afraid to ask if you need anything, we don't bite except for Verity, Nic and Wendy but only when they're pushed or hungry.

As for the release of E III there isn't much planned other than an event down in London but as Lord Wiz has pointed out he and I will be invading HMV in Birmingham on Monday and as he's also said you're more than welcome to join us.

6. darkinhere

darkinhere Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 16, 2005
    Hey Graeme
    Welcome to another old-timer.
    I'll be hitting the grand old age of 35 in a few weeks [face_frustrated]

7. veritasuk

veritasuk Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2004

*smiles and shows fangs*

Hello, another west midlander. I dont think I'm going to make the Brum release events but I know you guys will do us proud.

8. Graeme

Graeme Jedi Youngling

Oct 26, 2005
    Thanks very much guys for your warm welcome and invite. I'll check with the Mrs as I think she's got some ideas as to B'day plans :) Be nice to meet you all someday though. I can tell that I pale in significance in the SW Geek charts!!!

Had a look at both the HMV & Virgin websites. Couldn't see any mention of an 'event' anywhere...?

I've always been a fan of the films but my 'appreciation' has grown stronger over the last few years, specifically over an in-depth value of the dark / light side. It's obvious Mr. Lucas has lifted a lot of his ideas from Indian philosophy and Yogic powers, as well as obviously the Christian element of redemption. I loved 'Sith'; even the "Nooooooo" didn't bother me. I wished that there was more on 'retaining one's identity in the force', and I'm dissapointed that it appears that there isn't a scene included of Qui-Gon schooling Obi-wan (if it was ever filmed?), in the forth-coming DVD. This presumably is why Obi-wan 'dissolved' when he was killed, as opposed to being cut? Plus, and in relation(?), I would have liked to have seen something more to do with midichlorians - are we to take it that Darth Plageuis the Wise was Anakin's 'Father'?

Shalom,
    Master GL

9. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    Hey, M & D. What time are you guys going to HMV on Monday? I might be able to swing on by and catch you guys.

On a side note, I think that Virgin has got their stock in, because I went in there this morning, and they had Sith playing on the monitors on the second floor -- Just got there in time to see Yoda decapitate a couple of clones! ;)

10. Lord-Wiz

Lord-Wiz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
    about half ten i think.

11. Tay-Mar

Tay-Mar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2005
    10:30 confirmed, outside HMV if I can remember where it is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.