main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Buff, NY Bisons 2013 -- Pre-Planning

Discussion in 'Buffalo, NY' started by BPStoyle, Dec 26, 2012.

1. Mother_of_the_Twins

Mother_of_the_Twins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 8, 2005
    Have we thought about maybe making the mascots Honorary NR members? That might work during the check presentation...

2. CapturedJedi

CapturedJedi Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 12, 2011
    I know this might sound corny but I have an earlier inning idea, Have 4 sith or armor on each dugout or baseline dancing to the song " on the darkside" holding signs that say "Come tor the darkside we have cookies". Interns can walk up and down aisles with packaged cookie giveaways. During the saxaphone solo have either Peter, Chris, or Janice come out of home pretendig to play the sax. Corny but fun!

3. 72Princess

72Princess Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 15, 2010
    Perhaps a gag related to the recent acquisition by Disney....
    Princess Leia runs into Snow White/Cinderella/Belle/etc....

BobaChris12 and quigonschuel like this.
  4. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    Do we want to poke the sleeping mouse? [face_nail_biting]

5. myhale99

myhale99 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    Maybe they might see that we're one of the best tickets in town for this kind of gig (Star Wars Nite Baseball) and throw us a bone or something. Then again...[face_dunno]

6. 72Princess

72Princess Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 15, 2010
    Please continue to submit story line ideas to Bryan through the end of this week. (okayed per Bryan at the mtg)
    EVENT /Event activity ideas to be submitted to CHRIS.

7. JediXXL

Apr 11, 2003
    [​IMG]

8. JDuffPhoto

JDuffPhoto Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 3, 2010
    Yay! My computer is working again... and I didn't even have to use a lightsaber!!!

Bryan, I'll work on getting you my ideas in detail. I have to draw up the storyboards that we were talking about.

9. JDuffPhoto

Jun 3, 2010
    I'm working with Richs to aquire a retired desktop that I can modify to "run a saber through it". Shouldn't be a problem to get one for the filming.

10. MusicalNeko

MusicalNeko Jedi Master star 2

Apr 21, 2009
    I really like the idea of a Geonosis style entry - however we may want to consider no extra robes, as we'd have to retrieve them after the fight, which could be cumbersome. I think the effect of us all lighting the sabers at once will be enough to wow the crowd!

Also, I second the idea of maybe having the mascots be full-fledged Jedi - I'm sure we could work them in to some skits between innings (maybe footage).

11. JDuffPhoto

Jun 3, 2010
    We could have someone on either baseline retrieve the robes, that shouldn't really be a problem at all

12. Marka_Ragnas

Marka_Ragnas Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 29, 2005
    I shared that idea with Bryan after last year's event. I was thinking I could play the american anthem on the violin in costume or the "God Bless America"

13. Mother_of_the_Twins

Mother_of_the_Twins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 8, 2005
    Awesome idea!!!

14. RingoStarrkiller

RingoStarrkiller Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 5, 2012
    Too bad the other Losey is not doing the show, due to a family wedding. I'm all you've got, folks! And what do you mean, defeated?

15. RingoStarrkiller

Sep 5, 2012
    I'd love a chance at taking on the role of the main baddie. I keep thinking Loki in The Avengers. At this point, there's no grey area with the character. Makes it more interesting, if not fun for me to portray. If it's a road we decide to take, I'm ready to work.

16. DEE_SKYWALKER

DEE_SKYWALKER Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 12, 2011
    What about an interrogation scene. No blaster fire required and a great opportunity for great lines. We can even make it comical where the Mandos or Sith or Bounty Hunters fight between each other on how to get information out of the "victim".......just a thought...... NO water boarding. :D

17. DEE_SKYWALKER

DEE_SKYWALKER Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 12, 2011
    Also, revisiting the videos, in my humble opinion, the narrator has to bring people up to speed on what happened in the previous chapter and what's happening in the current chapter. A narrator or MC that is knowledgeable in Star Wars, keeping stuff alive while the duel happens is also helpful and will bring the event to the next level.

18. RingoStarrkiller

Sep 5, 2012
    Kathleen did a great job. I think too much would be overkill.

19. JDuffPhoto

Jun 3, 2010
    Sorry. I meant defeeted. It means we cut off your feet. Essentially, Darth Maul was defeeted by ObiWan, but I think Obi went a little crazy and took off more than needed.

20. RingoStarrkiller

Sep 5, 2012
    You're killin' me, Duffer.

21. JediXXL

Apr 11, 2003
    Saw him in half until he's besides himself! After all there are always two Sith.

In Darth Maul's case, a top and a bottom...

22. RingoStarrkiller

Sep 5, 2012
    Lol if you're gonna do it, at least use a sharp blade. Nothin' worse than being cut in half with a dull blade.

23. BPStoyle

BPStoyle Social Media Admin star 4

Jan 5, 2010
    Kathleen has faithfully served as the narrator the past two years for the first episode of the videos as well as the "recap" video that plays prior to the live show (after the videos have played between innings). We experimented with an "in-show" narration portion during Power of the Force two years ago to serve mainly as a transition. It worked out okay. If the need arises that might be used again, but I prefer not to break up the action with that if we can help it.

As for narration during the duels, we're not WWE. This show has always been equivalent to a play or a stunt show, not a wrestling event or sports broadcast. There will be no commentators. :p

24. MilosMom

MilosMom Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 27, 2009
    Thank you Bryan. I serve at your pleasure.

25. JDuffPhoto

Jun 3, 2010
    What?? Ugh...I already booked these guys....

[​IMG]