main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Blair really is

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Wormie2, Apr 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tanktopgirl

Tanktopgirl Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 25, 2001
    Bush or chimp...Bush or chimp...Bush or chimp

// picks petals off a daisy

2. nemco1

nemco1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 19, 2001
    LOL! TTG, I believe him to be at least half Chimp and lets face it, he does think in terms of attack now and think later as it naturally doesn't occur to him to think first and Bush is now Ariel Sharons bitch, whip! whip!

3. ObiJohnKenobi

ObiJohnKenobi Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 30, 2001
    [image=http://members.aol.com/richidscal/images/pic84.jpg]

4. Arun Dale

Arun Dale Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 21, 1999
    LOL where did you get those pictures?

5. ObiJohnKenobi

Aug 30, 2001
  6. Arun Dale

Sep 21, 1999
    //adds to favourites

7. Tanktopgirl

Oct 25, 2001
    LOL Nemco.

Monkey Man and The Joker are about to unwittingly unleash small pox on Britain and America. If only that weren't the case, watching them bitch-slap each other all over the place would be vaguely amusing.

The person I feel sorry for (apart millions of American and British people everywhere) is Colin Powell. I hope he's been eating his shredded wheat. Moving all those tanks outta the West Bank is gonna give his back hell.

8. Arun Dale

Sep 21, 1999
    Blair and Bush....who do you reckon is the giver and the taker?

9. Tanktopgirl

Oct 25, 2001
    Bush is the giver. You can just tell. Plus he owns a ranch. Nuff said.

10. Ooh_Aah_Cantona

Ooh_Aah_Cantona Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 13, 2000
    LOL. Tony Blair as the joker.

ED: Bush is the giver

And that would also explain Tony's permanent smile.

11. MayhemUK

MayhemUK Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 20, 2001
    Just need some white face paint :D

ED: No, the smile's due to the fact he knows he's shafting us 99% of the time...

12. Jumping Jedi Flash

Jumping Jedi Flash Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 1999
    LOL @ bush or chimp!!!!

Well funny!

anway

Blair really is American foreign secretary.

Yeah basically its all about the oil. the dark_queen is right on that count.

So then hows that pipeline they are going to start to build across north afganhistan going, the one that will pump more oil to the western powers?

I tell you when the oil runs out in the arab states, the west wouldnt give a flying monkey to what happends (apart from arming each side to the teeth).

13. Red-Seven

Red-Seven Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 21, 1999
    you people are amazing. push a button, and so much yankophobic smack comes out. Really. Just because you think you don't have to defend such libel because you forget expatriate yanks post here.

14. DarthArsenal6

DarthArsenal6 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 16, 2001
    Bush also have links with the Ku Klux Klan
    Let's not forget that.

15. Wormie2

Wormie2 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 22, 1999
    And they don't seem to understand that not all Americans are Yankees.....what an insult! I'm tellin ya, my southern blood just boils whenever I hear that.

16. Ooh_Aah_Cantona

Dec 13, 2000
    you people are amazing

Why thank you. And if you look closely, you'll see we extracted the urine from our prime minister as well....

tis a bit of fun, that's all.

ed: and beth, you knew full well what was going to happen when you started a thread like that. It wasn't inflammatory in any way was it? Not like you wanted to provoke a reaction.

17. Tanktopgirl

Oct 25, 2001
    Just because you think you don't have to defend such libel because you forget expatriate yanks post here.

Well if it makes you feel any better, M*A*S*H was good.

18. Wormie2

Feb 22, 1999
    Oh, I don't mind. Although my personal opinion of Bush has vastly improved due to his handling of the immediate Sept. 11th issues, I understand that he comes across as too harsh to most foreigners. And don't think for a minute I agree with most of what he says or does.

And as far as Blair....come on, guys! When was the last time he stood up to Bush or Clinton and said no? REally? When? I want to know.

19. Poodu

Poodu Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 3, 1999
    You see us arguing? We know he's Bush's lapdog

20. ObiJohnKenobi

Aug 30, 2001
    I'm still trying to work out what red seven's talking about. I'm not entirely sure what a "yankophobic smack" is, but if it means what I think it means, there isn't any of it in this thread. Is there??

21. Red-Seven

Red-Seven Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 21, 1999
    A bit of fun? Maybe. Everytime a serious topic stays up, though, it amazes me the amount that things are distorted to trash Yanks (Beth, you're from Nebraska, right? That's country, not southron). It's the 'easy thing' to do.

EDIT: Yankophobic smack = anti-American slander/insults. Of course I mind, but I wouldn't bother responding to it if this wasn't done in a non-American venue.

"Do you really think they care one iota about the strife in the Middle East? NO it's the oil contained therin that worries them and as far as they are concerned the whole lot of us can go to hell in a handbasket as long as their precious oil is safe and if that means annihilating whole civilisations of innocents then so be it! I know that's an overgeneralisation but ask yourselves this... why do they not send in crack assassination teams to take out the main culprits and their officers? because the politicians are tutting and pulling their faces we are also arming these people!"

Yes, the oil in the middle east is the overriding interest in most of the West. However, this is not some purely American vice. The Americans and the British favored keeping up the sanctions regime in Iraq, trying to get more weapons inspectors, etc. It was the French and the Russians on the security council who wanted everything to go away, so they could go back to buying Oil from Saddam. US and British policy does not put Oil policy first when it comes to Iraq, because of Saddam. Because he has used WOMD on his own people, launched missiles at 3 of his neighbors, invaded another, and continues to try to devolop more WOMD. Gee, you think someone should do something about that?

Oh, and when people talk about Israel and America in bed with each other, what of Oil interests then? Isn't that contradictory?

What saddens me is that America doesn't favor trying to encourage democracy...or at least not openly arm dictatorships. I think there should be little surprise shown when we find that people in these nations get spoon-fed anti-western propaganda, and then don't like us. Big surprise. American policy here is flawed, but not the maniacally dangerous thing that people here insinuate.

And if we could send in Special Forces to kill Saddam, we would. It's not as easy as the movies, you know.

"Don't forget, Bush is particularly keen to guide media attention (and, therefor, our own) away from the whole Israel snafu. The far-from-resolved Afghanistan situation (which became as complex as everyone warned it would) no longer holds the media's attention, so it's time to start a new war. What better way than to re-open a conflict that we 'won' last time.

...Bush will be happy, as it saves him having to risk losing votes by telling off the Israeli government."

American presidents have consistently and openly rebuked Israel when issues have come up. Carter, Reagan, Bush I, Clinton and now Bush II have all made decisions and statements and policy the Israelis were not pleased with. Did you miss Bush's speech the other day? We *are* telling off the Israeli Govt. It's not doing any good, perhaps because muscle isn't being put behind the effort...but it is telling that we were able to force a meeting with Arafat and Zinni. You EU chaps haven't done **** about the situation. Then again, you've always favored Arafat and oil interests.

As far as Afghanistan, of course it is complicated. The US military and politicians have been frank with the public from the beginning, and have not declared anything over. If anyone has been simplifying things, it is the press.

'which became as complex as everyone warned it would' is a complete distortion. There were dozens of people climbing each other to get onto the BBC and 'Question Time' and tell everyone how much of a mess things would get. Not even the folks at the Telegraph thought things would go as well as they did. Even the Guardian printed a Mea culpa that things did NOT get as complex as they war

22. Wormie2

Feb 22, 1999
    I live in Kansas. Born and raised in Missouri and Texas. About as southern as you can get without being a Georgian hick. :p

23. Poodu

Poodu Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 3, 1999
    Sorry, what did you say?

24. DarthArsenal6

DarthArsenal6 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 16, 2001
    Wormie2 was that directly at me ?

25. Ooh_Aah_Cantona

Dec 13, 2000
    you miss Bush's speech the other day? We *are* telling off the Israeli Govt.

perhaps instead of using words, America should withdraw the $3billon it provides.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.