main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Blood Trail (Post-LotF: Jaina, Tahiri, Ben, Jag, Han, Leia, Luke) Completed 11/4/09!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by YodaKenobi, Jun 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Removed

Last edited: Feb 3, 2024
  2. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Removed

Last edited: Feb 3, 2024
  3. Jedi-Ant

Jedi-Ant Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2007
    First!

EDIT:

Holy moly! :eek: Another YodaKenobi ?fic!! *does a happy, somewhat crazy little dance* [face_dancing] I?m so on board with this!!!

This is just the result of a fifteen minute conversation with jagsredlady about the possibilities for post-LotF EU. It will probably be a trilogy.

Awesome! :cool: Even better! I?m glad to hear it.

Now onto the ?fic?

Prologue: Blood Trail

Fabulous title.

There was an intruder.

No matter how much she cut herself off from the Force, she couldn't stop the prickles of impending danger from needling her spine or the icy ball of fear that formed between her shoulder blades. There was someone out there, and she couldn't think of any innocent reason for that.

And a fabulous beginning!! =D= The descriptions of (looks below for name) Jaina?s reaction to the realisation of the intruder are spot on, just fantastic!!

Jaina Solo rolled out of bed and crouched, palming shapes in the darkness until she felt the leg of the trousers she'd tossed on the floor a few hours earlier next to a sleeveless undershirt made stiff by sweat and dried swamp water. She quickly dressed, pulling the shirt over her head and buttoned the waist of her pants, only to reach for the utility belt draped across the small table in her hut? there was a moment there where she expected to feel the weight of her lightsaber dangling from the synthleather loop, but it wasn't there, of course.

More great descriptions here! :D I especially love the part about Jaina?s sweat-logged shirt -- the girl?s been busy training, obviously.

And an interesting fact that leapt out at me ? ?there was a moment where she expected to feel the weight of her lightsaber?? so, she obviously isn?t carrying it with her [face_thinking] I wonder why?

(And if this is should be obvious, sorry.. I?m not exactly up on my Legacy books? I?m still waiting for Sacrifice to hit the bookstores here in Oz. [face_plain])

Her hut was small, not much larger than the one that existed there decades earlier, and it took the lithe woman only a few strides to reach the door after ducking the low-arching passages.

Ah. [face_idea] Dagobah. Interesting. [face_thinking] Self-imposed exile?

Starting forward, she tried to think of who it would be. If it was anyone with good intentions? Uncle Luke or her parents? they would have just knocked. This person had come to kill her.

Not necessarily. It could be Zekk, come to steal her away to a caged bedroom on a faraway island, ala Days of our Lives :p 8-} (Sorry, couldn?t resist!)

She'd dismantled the weapon when she left the Jedi Order and came to Dagobah to live in solitude.

Ah. So my line of thinking was correct.

She could feel that he had made a similar choice once, deciding that the Jedi way just wasn't enough, and that the ends justified the means to secure galactic peace...

Ouch. Glad she decided on exile then. We didn?t need another Caedus. [face_plain]

She left everything behind.

Jag, too? *lip wobble*

To her surprise, she came to the dark mouth of a cave covered by tangles of coiled vines and gnarled tree roots? something about it sent a chill up her spine, and she knew that her intruder was waiting for her inside.

Suddenly she felt afraid in a way she never thought she would again.

Uh-oh? [face_worried] That cave has never been good for the Skywalker family? I don?t like the sound of this?

[face_idea]

Wait a minute? she?s not going to go in there and see herself in Caedus? clothing, is she? :eek: ;)

But before she could repeat herself more forcefully, the glowrod was ripped from her grasp and sent sailing through the cavern, bouncing off the cave floor. She squeezed the trigger of her blaster only to see the stranger whip around in a fan of dark robes and catch the flare of red brilliance in the palm of his hand. Jaina's blaster was similarly wrenc

4. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    2nd! I'm finally on the ground floor of a YodaKenobi story! I'll return tonight with a review.

5. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Amazing start! Your descriptions of Degobah are wonderful and I felt like I could hear the squishy mud.:p
    I'll be watching to see where you take this. [face_hypnotized]

6. corran2

corran2 Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2006
    New Story!!![face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] And a trilogy at that!:eek: First I'll compliment Maggy on yet another wonderful cover! She never fails! Second, what a terrific opening chapter! I got serious Lost vibes when Jacen tells Jaina she has to save him. Reminds me of Boone leading Locke through a vision quest in Further Instructions. Looks like this is going to be a mystery as well. I'm quite surprised by such a short DP. Does this mean this story won't be as epic as your other stories?

Yoda, I have to say this has seriously got my attention. Can't wiat for a new post!

7. jadesabre75

jadesabre75 Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 14, 2007
    Oh yeah, this is gonna be a fun one. :D Excellent painting of the scene here. Very well done! Can't wait to see more!

8. star_writer24

star_writer24 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 15, 2006
    Looks awesome!

9. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    "Save him."

Ok, who does Jaina need to save and why? Inquiring minds want to know.

You're going to tell me I have to read the story to find out aren't you?

So will Tuesday be the day you'll be posting updates? You usually have a routine right? Just want to make sure I note my calendar so I don't miss anything.

And btw, loved the Prologue and look forward to the next chapter.

10. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    Woah! Awesome. :D You've already got me hooked. I wonder who this 'he' is that she has to save... [face_thinking] Can't wait to see more. :D

11. Draconarius

Draconarius Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 2005
    Yes! Finally, a YodaKenobi story I can catch from the beginning. I always seem to have to marathon read to catch up with your fics... I still haven't caught up with the others.

That was one freaky nightmare. Can't wait to see where you take this. If you're PMing for updates, could you throw me on the list?

Draco.

12. THE_PIED_PIPER

THE_PIED_PIPER Chapter Rep Knoxville, TN star 4

Jun 8, 2006
    Wes, this is greatness, not that I'm surprised at all considering the source. ;)

The way you capture Jaina's mood and the dreams is......compelling? I guess, is all I can really come up with.

Your writing is always so pure and perfect, you write the characters how they are as human beings...no more and no less.

I can't wait for more. [:D]

Kick :)

13. zonzo

zonzo Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 3, 2007
    No PM? Thanks much. :rolleyes:

Very good, though. I hope Jaina can save this mysterious person.

14. TheOnlyJediPrincess

TheOnlyJediPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2006
    Wow! What a great beginging! It gave me chills down my spin. I can't wait to read more! If you have one, Please add me to the PM list!

15. canadianjedimama

canadianjedimama Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 28, 2008
    Nice to see this up Wes!

;)

[face_thinking] Most intriguing....I wonder who it is that Jaina has to save. Will she get there in time? Does Victor still love Nikki?

Sorry about that last part...I'm a bit punchy right now.:D

Can't wait to see where this goes.

:cool: Cyn

16. Stroja

Stroja Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2008
    Great start! Dagobah has so much potential for spooky stuff like that. I'm very interested in this story.

I'll be curious to see who it is she has to save.

17. Jedi-Ant

Jedi-Ant Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2007
    \

[face_laugh] :_| [face_laugh]

That's what I'd like to know! :p

18. Sticks

Sticks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    This is intriguing! Please add me to a PM list, if you have one.

19. DarthBellumSolo

DarthBellumSolo Jedi Master star 1

Mar 26, 2008
    YodaKenobi
    WOW!!!! A post-Legacy of the Force!! Fine!!!! And about Allana is!!! With impatience I wait for updating. You are simple a miracle!!!
    *has immediately dragged off the chapter to itself and greedy reads*:-B

[face_devil] Bel[face_devil]

20. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    Yobi,

Wow! A post-LOTF fic. I'm excited to see you venture this far into canon, especially since your knowledge of the EU is so incredible. It'll give your story wonderful depth. :D

I'm curious if you put Tahiri second to Jaina in the title bar because she's going to have a big role... [face_thinking]

Love the name of the story. I thought the blood trail idea in Inv was truly inspired. And your keyword coupled with the title. I'm pondering the immense possibilities.

Jaina Solo rolled out of bed and crouched, palming shapes in the darkness until she felt the leg of the trousers she'd tossed on the floor a few hours earlier next to a sleeveless undershirt made stiff by sweat and dried swamp water. She quickly dressed, pulling the shirt over her head and buttoned the waist of her pants, only to reach for the utility belt draped across the small table in her hut? there was a moment there where she expected to feel the weight of her lightsaber dangling from the synthleather loop, but it wasn't there, of course.

Great show right off that bat for what you'll reveal about Jaina's use of the Force later.

Jaina's boots squashed against the sucking mud of the marshlands as she passed the bubbling swamps and serpentine branches of Dagobah's gray trees. She paused when a vine snake dropped down and glided across the ground, as if being stalked by a predator.

Snakes! :eek: Oh no!

Seriously I loved the imagery here.

Taking a deep breath, Jaina pushed her apprehension away and wrapped herself in the battle-calm that she'd worn through too many wars, the armor of the Sword of the Jedi, and she crept inside, dropping into the darkness.

She can't seem to leave the SotJ behind, can she? :(

"You have to save him, Jaina."

Gah. Who's him?

Ah, but you're not going to tell us yet are you?

Great start. I can't wait to see where you take this ;)

21. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    She's never heard Uncle Luke's stories about Yoda? :p

She's handed in her lightsaber? o_O

I'm vaguely reminded of Leia getting dressed after her one-on-one fight with Khabarakh in Heir to the Empire.:p

Two years!? :eek: Yet she's still expecting her lightsaber? [face_thinking] She has some issues, then? o_O

... "him"? o_O

That's more than she should rationally know. Force instinct? Symbolism? Both? [face_mischief]

Paranoid, Jaina. Perhaps being alone hasn't helped you. Last time we saw a Jedi girl alone on Dagobah, at least some of the Yuuzhan Vong who showed up HAD come randomly in peace and were coincidentally looking for her. Don't you talk to Tahiri? o_O

And, then there's the Yoda analogy. [face_mischief]

She's not even consciously thinking. In spite of the metaphor, she's the top of the local food-chain.

</Ewok>"She's wise."

I never thought I'd call Jaina "Yoda-like", but there ya go. Your 'fic impresses me like that. :D

22. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    A new YK 'fic and nobody told me? :eek:

"Save Him" ?

Must mean Boba Fett. Save him from the terrible characterisation and writing that has been inflicted on him recently in profic [face_mischief]

23. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    wow, that was a great start YK!

24. Solo_and_Fel

Solo_and_Fel Jedi Master star 3

Apr 19, 2004
    Great hook of a start, YodaKenobi!

25. shahid_chestro

shahid_chestro Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 28, 2005
    Awesome first chapter! =D=
    loved the fact that she left her old life behind after killing Jacen. shows a much more humane reaction than what was shown in profic. i hope we see more of Jacen (that his ghost/wraith is guiding Jaina and showing that a sith lord retains power even in death)cant wait for the next chappie. please add me to your PM list.
    Update Soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.