main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spok, WA Bloomsday - May 2, 2010

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Earwen_Lightrider, Apr 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    From SpoCon meeting minutes it looks as if they've submitted the application to be entertainment on the course again.

And I plan on walking in costume again and want to know who else might be interested in joining me.

Event: Lilac Bloomsday Run (Spokane, WA)
    Date: Sunday, May 2, 2010
    Start Times:

9:00 a.m.: Elite, Corporate Cup & Brown
    9:05-9:15 (approx.): Yellow & Green
    9:15-9:45 (approx.): Orange & Blue
    9:45-10:05 (approx.): Lilac
    10:10 (approx.): Red
    Distance: 12K (7.46 miles)

Fees:

$15 plus $1.49 online processing fee through April 18th.
    $30 plus $2.99 online processing fee April 19-25.

Bloomsday Registration

Locked Per Request

2. Eledaia

Eledaia Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2004
    Yes, Spocon is going to have a booth again, and I stepped in it and volunteered to coordinate the entertainment at the booth. Sigh.

So, I'm putting out the call for all Spokantina folks who don't want to walk, I need your help! We decided that we want to have more interesting skits this year, instead of just having people dressed up in random costumes waving to people. The plan is to have specific songs to lipsynch to with a bit of choreography. There will 3-4 skits that we will cycle through throughout the event. Nothing is set in stone, and I welcome your thoughts on the skits I have planned. Here they are:

Thriller - This will be cut down on time, and I want to have up to 10 dancers dressed like zombies who can learn a limited choreography. Smudge and anyone who did Halloween at your house, I would greatly appreciate help with "zombifying" costumes for this skit.

Star Wars Cantina - We will have a Lando Calrissian lipsynching along with 3 "Dreamgirls" Leias and then various cantina tables and chairs with Star Wars denizens. I'm going to want mostly canon costumes for this, so keep that in mind. I will also hope to get the Imperial uniforms done for some of you to wear in this one. Please sound off here with costumes you plan to bring. It might be cool to have groups of Jedi, Imperials etc at their own tables. Props guys, I'll try to get the other pieces of the cantina bar over to Smudge's so we might have that available too. Also, we will need cheap chairs and round cantina tables that can easily be moved behind the backdrop.

Monster Mash - Various movie monsters and other scary things: Vampires, Wolfman, Mummy, Frankenstein's Monster, etc. Possible limited choreography

Generic Anime Skit - I have someone talking to a local group and we will see if they have some costumed people to send over.

Also, if you have a black SpoCon t-shirt, I might want to have something with people in t-shirts as ninjas or maybe a small bump skit in between the major lipsynchs.

Ok, so there, feedback please!

3. JarusSarn

JarusSarn Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 10, 2004
    Do we want to try and do the modal nodes? it could be great for people without costumes... grey pants, black turtle neck, the hard part would be heads and hands and instruments... ideas?

4. Eledaia

May 28, 2004
    I was thinking of doing some simple fabric or paper mache masks for the Modal Nodes, because they are classic. Oh, FYI, Thriller is out, too complicated for the time frame we have. Maybe next year.

5. The_Cheeser

The_Cheeser Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 16, 2005
    Have you let the 501st guys know what you are planning yet? I can if you want me to.

6. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    Their services will not be necessary.

7. Eledaia

May 28, 2004
    What John means is that I'm only using people on the concom and the Spokantina. If there are any 501st members who would like to help at the booth, they will need to participate as a member of the Spokantina, this will not be a 501st trooping. I feel more comfortable doing it this way because I am responsible for this event. If I only have two groups to handle, I hope it will go smoothly.

8. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    I should clarify my statement. SpoCon is not requesting the 501st's help this year, if any member of the 501st would like to attend Bloomsday to help promote SpoCon, that is fantastic, the more the merrier. Any groups who are participating in SpoCon promotions must do so under the SpoCon banner and will not be afforded any explicit self-promotion, this includes the Spokantina ;) We've got plenty of opportunity to recruit at the Con. Our goal right now should be making sure as many people as possible know about SpoCon, so we have a large recruitment pool at the event.

9. Eledaia

May 28, 2004
    You spelled bonnet wrong in your signature...:p

10. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    BITE ME!

[face_batting]

11. The_Cheeser

Feb 16, 2005
    So... Last year someone from spocon was in charge and chose to do spocon/spokantina/501st?

12. The_Cheeser

Feb 16, 2005
    Nevermind, I see John's post now.

13. The_Cheeser

Feb 16, 2005
    So it's ok for me to invite them to participate in the SpoCon corner like the rest of us?
    I'm not planning on doing any dancing, I can just stand and look pretty, right?

14. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    See my PM...

Do you have a normal black SpoCon shirt? Because we'll certainly need some of those standing around, I think we'll also need generic Star Wars costumes for the Cantina bit, that probably won't require any dancing.

15. The_Cheeser

Feb 16, 2005
    No, I do not have a spocon shirt.

16. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    Why not???!?!?! :D I think we'll be making the simple black shirts available online soon. I'll let everyone know when that happens, just in case.

Talk to Kelli about the Cantina scene, I'm sure she can find a spot for you if you want.

17. Eledaia

May 28, 2004
    I don't know who was in charge of the booth last year, but this year no one else was willing to head up a more organized presentation than we had last year. I don't think that the 501st was engaged in self-promotion at the booth last year, so things basically haven't changed. I just wanted to do this with the two groups that I'm actually involved with. That and I'm power hungry MWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Really, I hate being in charge, I don't know why I volunteered for this, but I have something to prove to John now because he says I never finish anything :p

18. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    The truth stings, doesn't it...

19. Eledaia

May 28, 2004
    You are such a turd...

20. roxez

roxez Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 13, 2007
    I was planning on wearing my Roxas costume if I finish it (doubtful) or my Blue Castle Crasher outfit (more likely). I don't feel like doing Jedi again.

As for specific skits, won't the people running past us see maybe 10-20 seconds of it? Is that enough time to do skits?

21. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    Skits really isn't the right word, they're more like dance numbers with some lip-syncing.

22. roxez

roxez Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 13, 2007
    SO kind of like what we did last year but with more planned and less spontaneous.

Oh and I decided I'll go Castle Crashers. I can debut Roxas at Spocon.

23. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    Talk with Kelli, she's got very specific costumes/settings in mind.

I warned her that people are going to want to bring cool costumes that don't fit in her ideas (I wanted to do Green Lantern :oops:)

24. Raph1613

Raph1613 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2004
    [face_laugh]

Seriously, though, I completely forgot when it was happenning! :oops:
    I'll see what I can do to get that day off.

As everyone knows, I don't have any kind of Cannon costume.
    Kelli, tell me what you would like me to do/wear.

25. the_black_smudge

the_black_smudge Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2004
    Hey all, just got back to town today (been visiting the parents over in Lynden)
    I read through the posts, and Kelli I like the skit ideas but I do have serious concerns about getting it all ready in time. Also, I agree that there are many of us with cool non-canon costumes that we'd like to wear.
    I do want to mention that it is doubtful that I will be in a position to host a Saturday meeting in April. I've got a ton of things going on this month and am pretty much booked on every sat this month.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.