main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Artist Blue's Fan Art - Updated 28/06/10 Updates In Index!

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Blue_but_beautiful, Jan 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Great work on your characters. and those details=D==D= A nice set and a great candidate for this month's bad guys.

2. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Clever idea!! And very nice :D

3. Blue_but_beautiful

Blue_but_beautiful Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2006
    Thank you very much :) fingers crossed about the comp, it's the first one I have entered here, thanks btw to Black-Dog (pictured in the last post ;) ) who mentioned it to me, I have been woefully absent from these forums for a while, I need to check in more often, I love browsing everyone's great work :)

Thanks very much! :D

4. Black-Dog

Black-Dog Jedi Knight star 4

May 27, 2008
    Well, as I've mention at the EUC, you did a gret job on the group pic. It was well worth the wait. :)

Nice stuff. Not everyday a romance among the Yuuzhan Vong is depicted.

5. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    Thanks BD! Nice of you to drop by :)
    And LOL, yeah it's not everyday you see that, sketched a couple of YV romance pieces now, which usually get a mixed reaction due to the fact they are yuuzies depicted :p

6. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    I loved the Vong ones as much as your Bittersweet piece...

[:D]

You make the world of the Vong become alive in your art pieces.

7. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    Thanks very much, there is certainly more on the way and in the works, both fan art and original stuff - I don't really know what the rules are in regards to posting original stuff here, but I may post one or two pieces of that as I go along the way? :)

8. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Well, art is art. And the art of a fan does not need to be SW related art only. But if you want to be 100% sure I advice you to ask Han himself. He is a very good, fair and honest mod. The best we can have for fanart.

9. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    Too true, I never thought about it like that, darn my thinking literal, i'm living up to my avatar-sake again [face_laugh]
    Thanks!

I also come bearing a preview :)

[image=http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a93/bluebutbeautiful/MirtaGevUnfinished.jpg]

10. Black-Dog

May 27, 2008
    Whoa, nice job. :) Baby's got back I see! What you got left to do with her?

11. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    Hahaha, thanks very much :D I have a quick background to add and finish off her weapon-holding arm, not much to go now, but i'll also be adding in some aditional details/scratches to the armour for that worn effect :)

12. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    Here's that finished piece on Mirta Gev, I hope you like her! :)

[image=http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a93/bluebutbeautiful/MirtaGev.jpg]

13. Black-Dog

May 27, 2008
    Good work. :) The way she's by the wall, it looks like Mirta's been cornered.

14. kikichan

kikichan Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2009
    That looks great! I love the color and the way you paint it.
    I would prefer to see her face. But still lovely work ^_______^

15. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    Thanks :) And hehe I never noticed that before, it does...so i'll call that a happy accident! ;)

Thanks very much :) That's not a bad idea actually, a 'under the helmet' version to accompany this one, I might do that. Thanks for the suggestion! :D

16. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Very elegant.

*wonders if this can also be the official uniform for school teachers in the NL*

17. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    Elegance AND function, Mando women have this down pat ;) Though at the risk of sounding stupid...NL? [face_blush] Thanks very much!

18. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Nice artwork and good to see with that background. Makes the hunter even more menacing =D==D=

19. Black-Dog

May 27, 2008
    Where I'm at (Canada eh?) NL stands for Newfoundland and Labrador. But I'm guessing that in Azure's case, it means Netherlands.

20. Edgeorge

Edgeorge Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 25, 2008
    You're so awesome, BLUE!
    You should really draw some duels during the NJO era, like, Luke vs Shimrra, Jacen vs Tsavong and Jacen vs Onimi.
    Keep it up!

21. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    [face_blush][face_blush][face_blush] Thanks very much :D And yay some suggestions! As it goes I have been asking on my page over at DA for some interesting requests, I don't do too many action poses, so the choices you have listed above are definitely going on the list for future fan art :) Thanks for those and for stopping by!

In other news, I have an exhibition coming up and I'm doing Open Studios this year (Which for those of you who don't know, is when you open your house/studio/workshop doors to the public, so they can have a good nosey at what you do and how you do it.). So if anyone in the UK is near the Cambridge area, they are welcome to come on down and check out some of my work - it's the one time of the year people can go into my studio space and I won't yell "NO TOUCHIE!" [face_laugh]

22. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Wow, NL also stands for Newfoundland... and great, I love Canada. One fine day I would like to go there, sigh. Of course in order to enjoy the landscape and not to stalk either GAROU or GREAT BIG SEA... [face_whistling]. Thanks for that information, dear Black-Dog.

Anyway, as I did mention in my PM to you, dear Blue_but_beautiful, my husband DarthUncle and I will be in East Sussex/ UK with my sweet parents-in-law. We might go to his sister´s apple farm during the first two august weeks.

Because Tyrannus230 is home in the US for most of his English university summer vacation, we might be able to visit other JC members who happen to live in the UK.

:D

23. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    That would be awesome Azure! :D Though I don't think I actually live too near any other active members of fanforce UK, the most active seem to be in the north, where I happened to move from in late 2002, so it might be a bit out of the way if you were thinking of a group meet? :(

Darn my plans to reinvade the south and return to my spawning pit! :oops:

24. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Well, you being in the South now with all your artistic skills makes it easier to visit you. Even though I would love to see Alba one fine day.

25. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    Yes, not too far from Sussex I suppose, though it's been a loooong time since I tried to get there, I don't drive you see, but it can't be too hard to get to here from there, we have a fairly good transport link that way I am sure. Then again, this is BRITAIN you are talking about, nothing is 'simple' anymore, it's long-winded...like us! [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.