main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Blurred Visions -Obi/Qui/Ani/Ami AU~*~NEW POST 10.8

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by LuvEwan, Oct 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Chickweed

Darth_Chickweed Jedi Youngling

Mar 2, 2004
    *Keladry dances in*

Ooooh no, Precious, we can't have "Blurred Visions" on any page but one, can we?

Wrong fantasy series there, but Up anyway!

*Keladry dances out*

2. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    Well you already know what I think of the little Sith in Jedi clothing LE. I cannot wait until he gets what's coming to him. :mad:

3. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    Shaindl [face_devil]

PK Viscious, aren't you? :p

bobilll I'm so glad you caught up! :D Glad to know you're reading. :)

Keladry Thanks so much for upping this so often, and with such an interesting variety of personas. :p Hopefully, Anakin will see the folly of his ways.

MR13 Ooh, just as violent as PK I see! [face_laugh]

MM I was so happy to see your username pop up! ;)

Sheila What? I had no idea you had some aversion toward Anakin. o_O

^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^

The corridor was a darkened tunnel. Shadows were at Qui-Gon's back; his eyes were trained to the frail suggestion of light ahead. His mind was swarmed with morbid possibility, cold enough to freeze his body, yet simultaneously surging it with the adrenaline needed to outrun the demons at his heel.

He didn't want to believe his own theory. Gods, not when it was such a costly thing to take stock in. That he was dashing towards that apartment, in defense of Obi-Wan?Was he overreacting? Was he conjuring a dark pulse in Anakin that didn't exist?

In his mission to right his most terrible wrong, was he destroying both of his apprentices?

When the dust settled, would he be alone after all?

Qui-Gon took a breath, realizing, as his legs carried him through the silvery stretches of endless hallways, that his own fate in this mess was unimportant. He would take a fatal blow for Anakin or Obi-Wan, even if his death would ensure them but a day more.

He had harbored the image of his former apprentice not as a man, or even a loved one, but as a walking symbol of his errors. For too long, he sought out Obi-Wan in selfishness, hoping to heal his own wounds?never mind the scars marring Obi-Wan's soul, the glassy reflection of his dead eyes.

And when he reprimanded Anakin for intruding upon his personal quest, it was not to protect Obi-Wan from harm. It was to gate the boy from Dark, to save Qui-Gon from glimpsing another mistake in a student's young face.

Now, Qui-Gon knew, he never left the podium of his heart, never let himself find a new vantage point in which to view the Universe. Perhaps Anakin, intelligent, perceptive Anakin, knew that.

And maybe Obi-Wan did too.

They were chained to their Master's conscience, treading and re-treading grounds made soft by overlapping footprints, helpless to their shackled existence. For only he, Qui-Gon, could forge the key of release, so at last, they could all let it go.

CAN I let go?

The miles shrunk to inches, and he was standing at Obi-Wan's door, reaching with Force fingers to touch upon the signatures contained within the rooms.

One. He sighed, in partial relief. Anakin isn't here.

The door disappeared in a blink, and the Master saw the Knight sitting solitary, rigidly, among the bleak furniture.

"Was there something you wanted, Master Jinn?"

Qui-Gon knew the younger man had sensed his arrival, and tried very hard to be pleased by the progress, though the voice was strained by weariness. "I--" He wiped the clammy sweat from his forehead, "I wanted?I wanted to see how you were doing."

"Hm." Obi-One's lips compressed slightly to allow the sound. "I'm not so sure of that myself."

The tips of Qui-Gon's boots were at the threshold of the room, but he didn?t take the few steps inside. The light had been leached from the familiar face, so that he nearly melded with the shadow of the walls. The eyes were fastened to a faraway world reserved for the sightless, and the Master didn't attempt to understand just what Obi-Wan was glimpsing.

"Does Anakin speak often with the Senator?" The question rose in monotone from the taut surface of silence.

Qui-Gon swallowed. "The Senator?"

"Amidala." Obi-One elaborated softly. "Does he speak with her often?"

Qui-Gon ignored his confusion long enough to reply, "I don't believe so." His brow furrowed at the unchanging vacancy of the face, "Obi-Wan--"

"He spoke with her today. She sent her regards for my full

4. Sheila

Oct 6, 2002
    I don't like this at all, is Obi-Wan just exhausted from all the ups and downs and the new information or did Anakin do something to him? You know it is my nature to distrust him. :(

5. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Is this just symptoms of his shock? Depression?

6. bobilll

bobilll Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Grr, looks like that brat Anakin's widdle plan actually had effect... Obi-wan's stronger than that, right? a few seconds is all he needs to see through Anakin's treachery...

7. jeday

jeday Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 4, 2004
    Heartbreaking! :_|

8. darth_keladry

darth_keladry Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2004
    Nooooo! :_| :_| :_| :_| :_|

*Keladry weeps for Obi-One*

At least Qui-Gon has figured out his motives for the mess he's in, maybe now he'll have a clearer idea of how he can heal himself, and help heal Obi-Wan.

As for Anakin, welllll...

*Keladry grabe Anakin by the scruff of the neck and drop-kicks the Sithlyevil twerp, @$$ over teakettle, into the street, where he gets run over by a speeder.*

9. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Just realized this had been updated twice. I, too, wanted to drop kick Anakin but in a way he did Obi-Wan a favor. Obi needed to know the truth - Qui should have told him and did not. Now they will both have to accept what has happened. Hopefully, Qui-Gon will see all that needs to be seen and not just accept his own blindness in this mess.

The worst hurt, of course, is Obi-Wan. I thought it very sad that he couldn't even find his own way to his sleepcouch. Just shows how much it has affected him.

Great job as always.

10. LuvEwan

Mar 24, 2002
    Sheila Actually, Anakin didn't 'do' anything. It was more what he said. ;)

PK :(

bobilll Hm, I wonder. [face_mischief]

jeday I know! :_|

keladry Whew, you certainly are the violent one! :)

diane I know, it's kinda hard to catch updates. I was reposting in the Saga section, but it takes such a long time, since each of my chapters are about 30 pages at a ten point font. [face_blush] Glad you're still reading and thank you. [face_love]

^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^

Anakin stood in the dusky living room of the apartment he shared with his Master, eyes darting and maddeningly listless. Qui-Gon was gone, but the boy had expected that. He could allow the man his mistake, this time around. It wouldn't be long before his obsession with righting Obi-Wan Kenobi's wrongs was brought to an end. The Chancellor had been perfectly correct. Qui-Gon was his Master, and Anakin was the Chosen One. There was no room left for fractured memory, and Obi-Wan was nothing beyond that, really.

He would sulk into the Order's shadows again. The Light would flourish where it belonged, around Anakin. And the things that Anakin had been compelled to do?they were all necessary steps to secure himself in that glow. So, in reality, he had very few sins to speak of.

He ran a hand through his hair and walked over to the communicator. He knew the number, a stridently concealed secret exclusive to him and maybe a handful of others. It connected him directly to Palpatine, without intersection from secretaries or desk clerks.

It buzzed once before the smooth voice answered. "Young Skywalker. It's always a pleasure to hear from you," There was a curious tingle to the next words, "Even at this late hour."

Anakin smiled. "I apologize, sir, but I wanted to thank you."

Luckily, for the Chancellor, his twisted grin could not be seen through the communicator wires. "For what?"

"For reminding me of what am I. And what other people--aren't."

"Oh." A thin chuckle that quickly evolved to thickness, "I think I understand to what you infer. Let me be the first to congratulate you, Anakin. You must have found the appropriate time and place, I wager?"

"I did. And I did him a great service, too."

Palpatine looked down at the swirling dark polish of his bitterwood desk, studying its reflections. If anyone else had been in the room, they would have wondered just what the Chancellor had found so captivating in the buffed surface. But the ruler of the Republic knew no one else could share his unique vision. In the Force, there was a bright pinpoint of pain, shoving through the murk of the Dark.

The Sith smiled again. He would make it his mission to be there, to offer condolences to its victim, the source of that beautiful, universe-altering agony.

^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^

Qui-Gon didn't know what to do.

Obi-Wan was wrapped tight in his blankets, the lines drawn severely over his body. For a long while, he had carried the ruse of being a dead man, completely motionless, the functions of his chest hidden beneath the covers. It was only his presence in the Master's mind that assured Qui-Gon there was noting sinister taking place.

But no. Perhaps it had already been done, and this was the anticlimactic aftermath. He wasn't sure what Anakin had disclosed to Obi-Wan, if anything.

"Does Anakin speak often with the Senator?" The single sliver given to him, but Qui-Gon didn't think it had much to do with Obi-Wan's current state. What involvement could Padme Amidala have in?

Qui-Gon's eyes grew wide, and were carved of rotted, renewed dread. No?No?he couldn't have?

It was at that moment that a single beep sliced through the silence, and the Master shook the disorientation from his immediate mind, walking through the trance-blurred surroundings of his former Padawan's quarters. He pushed the numbers for the door to open.

Yoda was standing before him, leaning heavily on his gimer stick. Sadness clung to his every feature. "Know, I do, Master Qui-Gon."

11. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Okay, so what does the old troll know? Hard to understand, the inscrutable one is.

Loved that Anakin thought he was in the right. Boy, he needs his head examined from the inside-out. And Qui-Gon better wake up or maybe he is just beginning to in this post.

Keep going. And keep updating your sig, because that's how I know this has been updated!

12. Sheila

Oct 6, 2002
    The Light would flourish where it belonged, around Anakin. And the things that Anakin had been compelled to do?they were all necessary steps to secure himself in that glow. So, in reality, he had very few sins to speak of.

Keep telling yourself that Ani, it will make it all that much sweeter when you finally get yours. He will get what he has coming to him won't he LE?

13. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    Yoda to the rescue??

14. jeday

jeday Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 4, 2004
    I hope so too! [face_worried] :(

15. bobilll

bobilll Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    hmm, so does that mean that Qui-gon has finally woken up and smelled the coffee? Now it's everyone against Anakin, eh?

16. Captain_Observant

Captain_Observant Jedi Master star 2

Dec 15, 2002
    Boy LE, you really make it hard to like that Anakin kid (but it's not like I was trying all that hard either...)

I really like where you are taking this story. It is very good. I too am very curious to see what exactly it is that Yoda knows.

Great Job and I look forward to reading more!

17. Lurkalidth

Lurkalidth Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 5, 2003
    You know, they're right; this fanfic ***belongs*** on page one. :) And what a cliffie!

I wonder whether Obi-Wan had *help* (from someone w/ the initials of DS) in reaching his woozy state. And hope I do, that green troll relevant conversation will have, or else lose his train of thought Qui-Gon shall.

Splendid! This is simply splendid! And my heart can't help but ache for Obi-Wan. ::sob::

18. Master_Ari

Master_Ari Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 30, 2002
    I recently remembered your wonderful fic and started reading through it again. I really enjoyed reading it again, and we on the last few pages when I realized how few there were left... My reaction--"Crap. I'm almost done with what she has." Please post more soon. I love the interactions between the characters and the fact that things are portrayed realisticaly and believably. Keep up the greatness.

19. LuvEwan

Mar 24, 2002
    Post very soon. And it's gonna be a longer one, by my standards. And juicy. And ridiculously high in carbs. And chocolate-covered.

Hm. Yeah. Obi-Wan will be covered in chocolate. =P~

20. LuvEwan

Mar 24, 2002
    Finally, a post. [face_blush] My computer was having problems for awhile, so I was writing out posts in a notebook and then I transferred/edited them when I had reimaged my stinkin' computer. [face_plain] So I hope everyone likes it. Things will be a little different from this point on. [face_devil] Now I better get working on Cadence...

Qui-Gon felt himself take a retreating step. He couldn?t feign misunderstanding.

But he couldn?t answer, either. The strength and moisture had dried in his throat, and he stared dumbly down at the Master.

Emerald shadows shifted in Yoda?s eyes. ?All who know him have known.?

Qui-Gon glanced at the closed bedroom door. Muscles jerked and strained in his face.

?But our place, it was not. Our duty, it was not. Come from you, it needed to.?

Qui-Gon pressed spastic fingers to his temples. ?Do you understand what that would have entailed? I already had to tell him once, and it was the worst moment of my life.?

?And his as well, I think.? There was a faint, bitter edge of sarcasm sharpened in that voice. ?For knew, he did, that he would live forever in the dark. And he still knows.

?He knows you have withheld that illumination, and so kept him in a needless darkness.?

Qui-Gon all but collapsed into the nearby armchair, having lost the support of bones now melted to ice water. ?It didn?t seem needless. It was better, Master?less painful.?

?For you.? The withered alien grunted, struggling to push forward and face Qui-Gon. ?For you, it served a purpose. Saved you from pain, it did.?

Qui-Gon rubbed the bridge of his nose with a soft imitation of laughter. ?It saved me nothing. It was merely a postponement. And gods, it makes everything worse. And I can?t comprehend what it?s going to do to him.?

A twitch to the small mouth. ?Learned the truth, he has??

?Anakin was here before. Tonight. I-I don?t know what he said, but I can guess. When I got here, Obi-Wan was exhausted. I had to help him to his bed. I tried to ask him what happened, but he wouldn?t give me straight answers.? He paused long enough to wince at the irony. For once, he?s evading my questions. ?It was like something had grabbed old of him and shook out everything. All the progress he?d made, all the humor and energy. What I saw tonight?it reminded me of Naboo.? He bit down on his life, and felt the spirit of the Knight resonating in every curve and corner of the room.

They had arrived here on the thick, molting wings of old betrayal and new deceit. It had carried them all so far off course. How could they ever touch solid soil again?

?A course we all have, Master Qui-Gon. A path we cannot foresee, but one we pave nonetheless. Who are you to say that a gutter, this is??

?Who are you to say this is his destiny? How can this hell be what my apprentice was meant for??

A frown knotted the lines in Yoda?s forehead. ?But your apprentice, he is no longer. Believe to hold his life and fate in your fist, you do. But the braid is gone. Grown, the child has. Loosened, the fingers were. Difficult to accept, it is, for he is challenged and pained by so much. But a fact, it surely remains.

?Tell him, you still can.? A tiny finger jabbed hard against Qui-Gon?s knee.

?But if he already-?

?Guess, you cannot!? The words rose in tremulous stridency. ?Or condemn him to that darkness, you will.?

Qui-Gon stood, and the wraiths of every day passed in his willful secrecy began to twist in prickling tendrils on his skin. He squeezed his eyes shut. ?Am I a coward, Master? To have run for so long??

?A coward, Master Qui-Gon?? The sage closed his eyes then, as if to share the other?s darker view. He shook his head. ?No. Keep running, a coward would have. Run, he would, until his path ended at the cliff.

?But you, you have slowed. Honor that, he might, once his own feet take to rest.?

Qui-Gon?s toes curled in his boots. Apparently, he had been slowed all the way to a standstill. He could hear his own breath scraping up his throat. ?I remember when he was fourteen, and

21. LuvEwan

Mar 24, 2002
    Oh, and there are my author replies.

diane And Qui-Gon better wake up or maybe he is just beginning to Maybe. [face_mischief]

Sheila I'm not sure you're still around the boards, but thanks for reading. [face_love]

PK Yoda to the rescue? I guess it was something like that. ;)

jeday :)

bobilll Well, not everyone is going to be against Anakin. ;)

C_O Thank you so much. [:D]

Lurkalidth Thanks! :)

Ari I know it's annoying for fics to be left un-updated for so long. [face_blush] Sorry. :( I'm so glad you're reading, though! :)

22. Master_Ari

Master_Ari Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 30, 2002
    First reply! It's really good that they are talking. I think this will do wonders for healing. I figured I'd go weeks or monthes at least with no post but then get on to a long one! Made my day.

23. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    Oh - I knew Qui was going to regret withholding this from Obi.

24. Mysticshill

Mysticshill Jedi Master star 1

Nov 27, 2001
    Hi, I know its been awhile since I was here, I just want you to know I still love the story!

25. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    Definitely not Yoda to the rescue- but it's time for you to come rescue the story LE!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.