main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NorthEast Boston Super MegaFest on Nov. 17 & 18 (MIS Fan Force raising money for charity)

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by McLOVIN, Oct 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. McLOVIN

McLOVIN Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 19, 2007
    Here is the guest list and link for the show this far for Boston Super MegaFest:

Jeremy Bulloch ? Boba Fett

Ray Park ? Darth Maul

Adam West ? Batman on the t.v. show Batman

Burt Ward ? Robin on the t.v. show Batman

Julie Newmar ? Catwoman on the t.v. show Batman

Lee Merriwether ? Catwoman on the t.v. show Batman

Karen Black ? ?House of 1000 Corpses? ?Airport 1975? ?Easy Rider? ?Family Plot?

Larry Storch ? t.v. show F-Troop as Cpl. Randolph Agarn

Butch Patrick ? Eddie Munster on the t.v. show The Munsters

William Katt ? Greatest American Hero t.v. show and movies ?House? and ?Carrie?

Helen Slater ? actress ?Supergirl? ?Legend of Billie Jean? ?Secret of My Success?

George ?The Animal? Steel ? Wrestling Legend and portrayed Tor Johnson in the movie ?Ed Wood?

Frank Avruch ? Bozo the Clown

Donna LaCroix ? host / star Ghost Hunters

Brian Harnois - host / star Ghost Hunters

Ken Kelly ? artist ( Kiss album art ? ?Destroyer? and ?Love Gun?) (Master of the Universe)

Joe Corroney ? popular Star Wars artist

Kevin Liell ? up and coming Star Wars artist

Cathy St. George- Playboy Playmate, model , and actress

Jennifer Lavoie - Playboy Playmate

Leeanna Heart ? adult movie actress

If you are in the area please stop by and help out the Massachusetts Imperial Syndicate raise money for the Cam Neely Foundation.

We accept donations of items for our raffle or you can purchase raffle tickets.

Please stop by and say hi and let us know where you heard about us.

Thanks everyone.

Chris

Here is the address:

Sheraton Framingham Hotel
    1657 Worcester Rd.
    Framington, MA 01701

Here is the link to the directions and for hotel reservations and get a $99 a night special rate. Directions to Super MegaFest

2. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    Just a reminder that SUper Megafest is this weekend and the Massachusetts FF Chapter will be there auctioning off lots of SW goodies for a good cause. If you're in the area, make sure you stop by and say 'Hi'.

3. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    sounds like a good time! I wish I didnt have to work this weekend... :(

Take lots of pics!!!!!! :)

4. BIEREN

BIEREN Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 12, 2005
    Oh my god, KEVIN LIELL is going, that is fantastic[face_dancing]

5. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Well, another MegaFest is in the books and this year's was by far our most successful ever. We managed to raise $1,040.00 for the Cam Neely Foundation for Cancer Care! That total bested what we raised last year by over $600!!![face_dancing]

I won't name names, necause I know I'll forget someone but a HUGE thanks goes out to everyone who helped with our cause. From fellow FF-ers who helped man the table and who donated items for the raffles. To other fan groups and vendors who donated items to our table and most of all to all of the people who attended the show and bought tickets in record numbers for all of the raffles we had over the weekend. To all of you I give my most heartfelt thanks.[:D]

It was great seeing old faces once again and to all the 'newbies' I hope you'll make this con an annual event.

Now I need to go rest. I-) Only 52 weeks to go until the next one!;)

6. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    $1,040!!!!

Way to go!!

7. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    :eek: WOW !!! awesome job!! congrats!!! =D= =D= =D= [:D]

8. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    Excellent work! =D=

Between the money raised by FanForce, the money raised by the 501st and money raised/collected by any other clubs volutneering at Super MegaFest), I'm surprised people had any left to spend at the con. [face_laugh]

~Doc_Bev

editted to make more clear

9. BobaChris12

Aug 30, 2002
    Did I miss something? I see the FF raised money and no mention of 501st!!

Sorry to McLovin and darthWormie for highjacking your thread.

Great job on the fundraiser!!!!

10. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    To further the clarification:

The 501st Garrison for New England raised $1700 for the Jimmy Fund.
    The FF Group raised $1040 for the Cam Neely Foundation.

OUTSTANDING work by both groups.

11. BobaChris12

Aug 30, 2002
    Yes, outstading, but no one is asking for clarification.

12. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    And people tell me I need to lay off...[face_laugh]

13. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004

14. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I mentioned it in NEG's Mission Report thread on the main 501st Legion boards, but I forgot the exact total at the time so I just put over $1000. ;)

~Doc_Bev

15. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    wow, it seems GE has raised a bit on money this past year. Do we have any reports of how much Rochester FF is doing? are they still active in charity work? or is it mainly GE there now?

16. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    As neither The Rebellion nor Garrison Excelsior attended Super MegaFest in Boston, I would ask that you start a new thread on The Rebellion's boards with your questions so that I can answer them and discussion can take place without further derailing this topic.

~Doc_Bev

17. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    hmm, I thought you derailed the thread in the first place, however, I do agree let boston FF have their limelight on their efforts rather than discuss 501sts events.

in fact the FF forums really arent the place for 501st discussions anyhow.

So back on topic: - Boston have you presented the money to the charity yet? It would be great to have a pic of that so we can highlight it. that is a major charity event IMO. I dont know too many FF chapters who can raise that type opf money. Judos again to you guys!!! Whoot!

18. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    ...thats bait...and thats too easy....
    I'll just apologize for the Mass Group since others in here would want to try and turn this into another FF vs 501st event.

19. BobaChris12

Aug 30, 2002
  20. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    You know...I keep getting yelled at for "reading way too much" into other peoples comments but now I'm seeing you do the same thing. Maybe ya need a banhammer for a few days to cool off eh?

Nice post edit Chris.
    Nothing to hide eh?

21. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    I have asked already in this thread to get back on topic. this is a final warning. anyone bringing this thread off topic again will recieve a 24 hr time out.

this isnt fair to Boston. They deserve to be in the Limelight for their hard efforts. Everyone comments derailing this thread belittles that.
    enough already everyone.

again I will repeat what I said before Kudos to The Boston FF. they have done an awesome job! Send pics of the even we will try to get them highlighted for you!

[:D] =D=

22. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    Good job Boston FanForce! =D=

23. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    I'm curious, what types of things did FF do to raise so much money?

24. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    I'll let DarthWormie or McLovin, our co-CRs, detail what we did this year, but our main thing has always been raffles of baskets of various collectable items, which have ranged from comic books to Burger King toys to game miniatures in the past. The items in the baskets are donated by our FF membership, and we raffle off one basket per day for the 2 days of the event. I believe this year we had at least one large item (a Lego Tantive IV, which was donated by Darth Moby, Rhode Island's CR) that we raffled off separately.

25. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Thanks for the kudos everyone.

I do have a bunch of pics from the event. As soon as I can weed through them and post the best of the bunch I will. There won't be any kind of formal check presentation. I'll just be mailing it out along with a letter and maybe a pic of the gang at the table.

In the past we've had a basket full of SW goodies and a bonus raffle on each day of the con. This year we received so many high-end donations from friends, vendors and even fellow fan groups (the local chapter of the Rebel Legion even donated something to our cause this year) that we had multiple auctions going on all weekend. For the high-end stuff (a Yoda on Kybuck Maquette, Tantive IV Lego set and Koto Slave Leia) we had limited ticket raffles. On the Maquette and Koto, we limited the tickets to only 25 at $5 a piece and for the Legos we limited the tickets to 50. All 3 raffles sold out.

We also offered incentives to people to buy multiple tickets for our gift baskets. Tickets were $1.00 each, but if you bought 5, you got a 6th free AND you got to select a free movie poster from the stock we had on hand.

The problem now is, how to we follow this up next year.;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.