main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tampa, FL Build your own saber...

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Zexion, Nov 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zexion

Zexion Jedi Youngling

Nov 13, 2005
    http://www.build-lightsaber.com/

Anyone know where I can find something like this...for free? I wanna make ForceFX style sabers but don't like paying for things I might be able to get for free..

2. HippieTrooper

HippieTrooper Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 31, 2005
    We have had several lightsaber building workshops. Nothing that lights up like that though. The closest we have is one I made with a permanently attatched blade, it is wrapped in reflective tape so that when a picture with flash is taken, it looks like it is lit up when the pic comes out, no special effects needed. Be sure to make it out to one of our meetings, there is always someone building one and once you see it done, it'll give you some ideas on where to get started. There is a thread somewhere on this board with the basic materials you need to get started, if I find it Ill bump it up.
    Later

3. Zexion

Zexion Jedi Youngling

Nov 13, 2005
    Actually, my friend just bought the eBook for that link I posted last night, and he'll e-mail me the instructions after he gets it.

And any idea when the next meeting will be?

4. HippieTrooper

Aug 31, 2005
    Just had one yesterday, we havent decided on the next one yet. This Sunday, 20th, most of us will be at the Doubletree Hotel in Tampa for the local toy and comic convention. Come on out and get to meet everyone.
    Later

5. Zexion

Zexion Jedi Youngling

Nov 13, 2005
    I might be at the Pirate Fair in Clearwater this Sunday.

6. HippieTrooper

Aug 31, 2005
    Check out the Prop Building Tutorial thread, I just bumped it up, theres some lightsaber stuff in there.
    Later

7. Zexion

Zexion Jedi Youngling

Nov 13, 2005
    Thanks

8. HippieTrooper

Aug 31, 2005
    You said you were at the AMC24 on opening night? I was the sandtrooper, my wife was an x-wing pilot with a baby jedi on her back, and our oldest was a jawa.
    [image=http://fl501st.com/photo/albums/userpics/10391/normal_ROTSPremier.jpg]
    Later

9. Zexion

Zexion Jedi Youngling

Nov 13, 2005
    I was the kid in blue jeans and a t-shirt ;D

I'm sorry if I don't remember you specifically, but as I recall you weren't the only one wearing the white armor...but if you were, then yeah, I recall, lol. I also ever so vaguely recall the female pilot and baby

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.