main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Buried Treasure

Discussion in 'Archive: Santa Cruz, CA' started by DarkLordSid, Apr 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkLordSid

DarkLordSid Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    So, was packing up THE collection (meaning all my geeky stuff) and was thinking about the rare finds, the treasures I've managed to hang on to. Was wondering what others have stashed in their collection.

My best items are not that costly, but meaningful:

*The original Star Wars program in mint condition from 1977 when I first saw the film. Colors are still vibrant and bright, a rememberance of how the film looked before it need to be restored and remastered. I used to have several but over the years and moves they went to friends and roommates.

*A set of over 50 Star Wars lobby B&W stills from 1977. Got tack holes in the corners, but they are still way cool, and got to be hella rare now.

And not Star Wars, but still awesome:

*A set of 60 or so slides of the model from Silent Running. Knew one of the prop builders who took a set of photos of the model against the star background as well as construction shots. Back in the days when models reigned supreme and star fields were 3M mirror dot backdrops, no blue screen, no CGI, just kitbashing tank models and plastruct parts.

So what's in your closet?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.