main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC Busch Gardens - October 18th, 11am; Meet at the Main Gate!!!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by MuttandSolo, Apr 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    Update: I have 6 tickets for tomorrow. The final price was $38.00 per ticket. Sorry for the confusion, but I was quoted several different prices, but the final one was $38.

Just as a reminder, we are meeting at 8am at the commuter lot near Potomac Mills. Please be there as soon as possible so that we can leave by 8:30 at the latest.

For directions to the commuter lot, please reference Val's previous posts on the subject.

2. stateless

stateless Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    Ok, so the five of us that are going are looking at heavy thunderstorms in Williamsburg tomorrow. Can anything else go wrong? :)

3. strangebehaviour

strangebehaviour Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2002
    are you guys still going to go tomorrow? It's not going to be much fun if it is storming.

4. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    So when is the next date for Busch Gardens? The 14th is no good since Heather is graduating. So we have the 21st and the 28th. The 28th is no good because Sharon is leaving for Vegas. So unless people want to go the 21st, we have to wait until mid-July, at the height of the heat/humidity.

So we have a conundrum here.

5. fakename99

fakename99 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2001
    I would suggest that you all go to BG on the 21st. Then we have the meeting on the 28th or 29th.

6. strangebehaviour

Aug 11, 2002
    the 21st sounds good, that is if everyone else can go on that day.

7. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Hey Eugenia,

When's your next scheduled RPG game? Or have you suspended it this month due to house hunting? Can you sacrifice a weekend to go to BG???

8. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    We don't have a RPG scheduled yet for June (maybe the weekend of the 28th, not sure yet). The 21st sounds like a good day for BG, except Ken and I have a big family bbq to go to to celebrate almost every member of my family's birthday and Father's Day (a week late). I will be the only person not getting a present at this party. How sad. I'd rather go to BG.

9. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Why is it so hard to find a weekend where everyone can go to something. We are SW fans, we aren't supposed to have lives! :D

The 21st and 28th are both fine for me (and presumably TK).

10. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    They should do a movie about us - geeks with lives! We laugh in the face of nerdly traditions. We're a good looking bunch, well groomed and with good interpersonal skills.

11. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Well right now, the 21st would be best for me and getting the parents to babysit for Romie. They're taking a trip that Sunday and were coming over that weekend so they could drop off their dog for me to babysit the next week. So they can babysit Saturday while I'm at BG, and then I'll be babysitting from Sunday on through the week.

So from the 22nd through the 28th, [Count]I'll have 2, yes 2 St. Bernards in my house[/Count]. How lovely.

12. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Anyone else out there with a preference on the 21st or 28th?

13. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    We need to decide soon, as those dates are only a couple of weeks away. Otherwise, its the middle of July before we get the chance to go again (4th holiday and Sharon is out of town for that week).

14. JediShaLee

JediShaLee Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2002
    I like that Geeks With Lives! I really like that.i will at bush gardens on the 21st if that is what is decided. Please everyone if i am not around then plan things any way there are plenty more days ahead in all of our lives. I just want to be sure the group stays together and that we continue to be who we are.The GREATEST GROUP OF SW FANS GOING!

15. strangebehaviour

Aug 11, 2002
    I'm sure the GS will stay together Sha. :)

16. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    I can't do the 28th or the 21st, but that's just my insane life for you. I'll just go by myself later on and pretend you are all there. Unless they throw me out for talking to myself....

17. JediShaLee

JediShaLee Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2002
    Ummm so when are we going? If we are not going this saturday then i have something I can do like take a class but if we are going to do something then i am going with you guys!Specially if it is BG

18. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Well, as it stands now, there are only going to be about 4-5 of us who can go. Ken and Eugenia are in their house hunting mode, so are stuck home. Roger used his one and only free pass when no one met up to tell him we cancelled. Sharon is heading out of town the end of the month for Las Vegas. So that leaves the following people:

JediShaLee
    MuttandSolo
    Stateless
    Strangebehaviour (You need to tell me if you're going, so I can get your ticket)
    Tenel-Ka

So unless we decide to postpone until September/October, this is going to be a small group no matter what we do.

EDIT: Valerie, what's the official word: go orno-go???

19. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    We have family obligations so we can't go on the 21st - ride the good rides for me and Ken (and you know what Ken's favorite is)

20. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Weather is currently looking good for this Saturday: partly cloudy and 75*.

21. fakename99

fakename99 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2001
    I get the feeling that Jeff really wants to go this weekend.

22. strangebehaviour

Aug 11, 2002
    heh I get that feeling too. :)

well something has come up yet again. I totally forgot that my family will be out of town this weekend so I don't think I can go to BG on the 21st because I have to take care of the stupid dogs.

23. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Hey, no flaming dogs on these boards, or I'll quit!

24. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Those dogs always have a way to ruin things. Cats are sooo much better. :D

I really wanted to be able to find a date when we could have a lot of people go. :( I can't decide if this weekend is good or not. The weather sounds good and I'm sure we'll have fun but with only four people it sort of defeats the purpose for going. However, waiting till September/October is also not a good idea. We are having our picnic in September, also DragonCon is at the beginning of the month. And I have no free weekends in October (except one)! Blast us for having lives! :D

25. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    So what's the official word Val?

And since you ladies dislike dogs, I quit... after the trip to BG of course. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.