main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ark Business meeting December 30. Read for details: UPDATED INFORMATION

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by hyperspace_police, Nov 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    OK
    We need a end of the year meeting.

It will be at the home of the current President and First Lady (Nyborg and ShadowScout)on December 30, (thats a Saturday) meeting will begin at 4pm. With the "hanging out portion" of the meeting to begin around 5pm or when business meeting is over.

If this is a bad time for anyone and you have a suggestion or something that needs to be discussed pm me and we will see that it gets taken care of.

See you there!!!

Please get your suggested changes to me by pm or posting on the suggestions thread ASAP so they can be put on the meeting agenda. This will help the meeting run more smoothly. Each issue will be given a set amount of time for discussion. Amount of time will be determined by how many suggestions are made.

It would also make things go smoother if you would post your suggestions before the meeting so members can know what changes are being suggested before the meeting and so I can already have them on the agenda.

We will decide on the ammendments and changes that will be voted on at this meeting. If you have a suggestion and cannot make it, it must be pm'd to me by noon on the day of the meeting.

Thanks for your help in this matter.

Bacon

2. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    bump.

I haven't heard from anyone yet, are there no suggestions besides the things already metnioned???

3. Nyborg13

Nyborg13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2004
    Nope Nope Nope
    Everythings peachy in the natural state....

4. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
  5. ti7267

ti7267 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 31, 2005
    I thought that was georgia?

6. WeyrleaderZor

WeyrleaderZor Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 10, 2006
    Could you post a list of what is already on the agenda to be discussed? It would help to not have to read through the old thread(s) and all the posts and try to remember everything. ^_^

7. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    No one has officially put their suggestion in writing.

So, as of right now...there's not anything.

There is a list of suggestions that I made and I'll put them here when I have a bit of spare time...but, I am looking for individuals suggestions for this.

Not a list compiled by me. Something compiled by members.

So far I haven't recieved any suggestions from anyone in writing.

8. ti7267

ti7267 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 31, 2005
    sara and i will be there so that is where we will come up with our stuff.

9. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    we're trying to get it out before hand for those who can't attend.

If you know what you want to throw out there...post it here or pm it to me or Nyborg.

Thanks
    Bacon

10. nlrtrooper

nlrtrooper Jedi Youngling

Sep 10, 2006
    Okay, I'll be the one to put out there what has been discussed:

1. The establishment of regular fan force meetings, since we are a registered fan force club. A place for any Star Wars fan to just hang out and have a good time with others.

2. The group should not be entirely focused on costuming, as stated above we are a registered fan force group, and those who are not interested in costuming or can not afford to do it should not be left out.

3. I believe that there was some discussion about changing the requirements to run for office..but I will leave that for the current officers.

4. I personally am against this "inner council" idea. If this group will in essence be running the group then why should anyone run for office? They won't have the ability to make autonomous decisions, and I don't think that is right. If you want to have that much control, then run for office, or voice your opinion through voting like every other member does.

5. I also think we were going to discuss how to best coordinate/cooperate with the other costuming organizations here (327th/501st) so that everyone has the most fun with as little strife as possible.

6. The establishment of rules for members to post events that they would like the group to attend. I believe that the scheduling of any event should go through the PR officer, then be discussed with members at a meeting (posted for those that couldn't attend). Then based on interest the decision on whether or not to participate is made.

Can't think of anything else for now and am pressed for time. Hope this is what you were looking for hyperspace.

11. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    The "Inner Council" as it is in the by-laws...has a size requirement that we have not met (I think)...the by-laws were modified from another group...We're pretty much an all voting group...except for officers.

Everything that is suggested for change will be put on this site (and the other one) after the meeting on Saturday.

The changes will be voted on between the 5th and the 10th...with the ability to vote on either site (for those with access issues)

The votes will be pm'd to AGR Administrator.

Votes will be compiled and counted by myself and Nyborg13. (Please note that in the event a vote is challenged...members will know how you voted as we are not going through a MOD for this vote)

There are no minimum membership/activity requirements to vote on these changes.

If you want to suggest any changes...not just what has been discussed. That is what this thread is for.

The list (as it is now) will be posted on a seperate thread sometime tonight or tomorrow. (I'm trying to figure out a new computer and I'm just getting the hang of it.

Thanks to NLR Trooper for bringing up what has been discussed.

This is an open forum. The time to suggest change is now. So, Chime in if you want your voice to be heard.

Bacon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.