main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

C-IV MEMORIES (and speculations on C-V)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by ValedaKor, Aug 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr_Mundi

Mr_Mundi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    If you need 12 month to save up for the event, then why didn't you start like 4 month ago?
    Surely a Celebration has been expected for 2010 all along, so not having enough time to save is just a bad excuse in my ears.
    There has been Celebrations for each of the previous 4 Star Wars Episodes, so people wanting to go could just had started saving up in 2007 right after CIV.

And with that said - Give us the freaking location and date.
    And why haven't the logo been made public yet?

2. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    In the end after waiting for so long I am not going. Possible... [face_thinking] but my family moved our trip to Alaska for the next Summer. [face_hypnotized]

3. atataboy

atataboy Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 10, 2005
    Well, there will be another one another time I am sure :) It's mainly an excuse for me to hangout with my friends and meet other friends from all over I didn't even know I had :D They may have little tidbits about the Live Action series and probably some Clone Wars stuff, but mostly they are there to sell merchandise anyhow. Although I missed a lot of the smaller vendors that CII and III had that didn't make it to CIV.

I honestly would like to see them expand the premise of the Celebrations to be Lucas Film inclusive. Although many may not be sporting Madmartigan or Indy costumes, I think most really enjoy a good portion of the Lucas film properties (we won't mention Howard). I am fine with LFL using the Celebrations as marketing platforms, it makes it feel all the more exciting :)

4. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    I just got back from Worldcon in Montreal and was talking to a fan from LA there and we both agreed that the most important announcement that could be made about CV is who LucasFilm gets to run it. The where and when would fall out naturally after that.

5. atataboy

atataboy Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 10, 2005
    I wouldn't be surprised if its the same firm from Texas that organized Celebration Japan.

6. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    What about Wizard from Wizard World?

7. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    Reading the forums everyday...Hoping for some news and nuttin!

If they plan to have C5 next summer, then they better make up their minds. People have to plan these things and make vacation arrangements. I mean my husbands company starts picking vacations for next year in another month, give or take a week. We already have plans on taking the family to Dinsey World for 10 days next year, so a time and place would be great for budgeting, not to mention vac time. We really need some answers...IMHO!

Oh well...Guess we can just hold onto our britches alittle longer.

Hope everyone is well and having fun!

Huggles!

8. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    If it's anything like the last time around, we may or may not have information during Dragon*Con.

On thing for sure IF it happens next year, we'll know when and where by January.

For Vacation times, I'd aim for the first week-end of May if they keep on the traditional dates.

9. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2006
    Not knowing the location could put a big damper on how much one would need to save. If it's closer a bus/train/plane ticket would undoubtedly be less expensive than something on the other side of the country. I know a lot of people go for the merch, but I go for the people. :) CIV got me hooked.

If they end up announcing the coming of any 'special guests' that haven't been at the other celebrations (like a certain farmboy[face_whistling] ), then that would seal it right there. I'd be going no matter what, if I had to hitch a ride on a TIE fighter. ;)

10. lovelucas

lovelucas Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2004
    I was so certain it would be announced at Chicago CC/Wizard World but nada. Perfect location for Steve to give a shout out for the host city of CV at the host city. Since he didn't, guess all the cities that were in the running, still are.

But I agree with Amidala - Lucasfilm/Sansweet, and yes, George, must realize we have to squirrel away vacation time selection and dinero so waiting until next year to tell us Cv is a "go" may be self-defeating with announcement arriving too late to accommodate.

Poodoo.

FWIW - on another board it was reported that at W.W. Sansweet confirmed the city was somewhere between Chicago and the East Coast, but would not confirm that a specific city was even selected yet......I think he's enjoying this.

11. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I'm starting to believe that the problem is that they are out so late that all the major convention centres are booked, and that they have serious problems finding a location that is actually available.

12. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Could be, could be, but in that case L.A. would be their backup. Unless TPTB were really dumb and let their first option booking there go.

13. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    How much ya wanna bet they're gonna end up saying in September: 'Oh, sorry. We goofed. There isn't going to be a CV' and watch the entire fan community make like Luke and scream 'NOOOOOOOOOOOO!'

14. joesdomain

joesdomain Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2006
    I am starting to think they may do an official announcement toward the end of 2009 like in December. I would not be surprised to see a January 1, 2010 announcementon starwars.com and they end up having it in September or October, 2010. Technically 2010 is the 30th anniversary of Empire Strikes Back so any month would do fine for me. They should let us have a full 12 months to get ready so why not have it Sept or October of 2010. I would not go if they had it in winter with snow and ice.

15. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Some people (including myself) are hoping they announce the when and where at Dragon*Con, since they at least announced at Comic-Con that it will happen next summer.

So wait a couple of weeks.

16. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    Hey, cold weather would be nice for a change. Then all us Jedi could actually wear our wool robes without dying from the heat.:cool: Of course it wouldn't be so nice for all those Slave Leias...

I think I'm going to start saving for this. If it turns out to be somewhere I can't go (anywhere on the East Coast is out 'cause of the expense), I can just use the moolah to take my family to Disneyland or something. As it is, I'm dying to take my little nephew along. I think he'd love it, and he's just about the right age for Jedi Training Academy...I just hope my sister would go for it. [face_laugh]

17. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Didn't they say in the Comic-Con announcement that it would be in the summer, though? So they really are working with a short timetable.

18. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Hey it would be nice for us Tuskens too. ;)

19. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    Sansweet also said, on Jimmy Mac's The Forcecast's Microcast, that they hope to make the announcement before the end the summer. Lots of contracts to sign so everybody's covered and happy. He didn't mention the logo in the podcast, so that's cool news.

Here's hoping it's sooner rather than later!

20. Capt-SithPaark

Capt-SithPaark Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 24, 2004
    I don't believe it's going to be long before an announcement is made

I attended a con in Toronto, Ontario, Canada this past weekend, a source (who will be working at C5) said that his booking plans for C5 are done ... Can u say Chicago!

... I've read a post on another forum that states -

According to a reliable source, who shall remain nameless, "the reason they are delaying the announcement is an AWESOME reason."

21. Capt-SithPaark

Capt-SithPaark Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 24, 2004
    and this from elsewhere ...

Got a tip last night from an old Celebration friend who now works in the geek news industry. Apparently insiders know that there will be an announcement made this weekend at DragonCon regarding C5, particularly the date in 2010 celebrating 30 years of ESB and the location.

Keep in mind you're hearing this through a completely unreliable grapevine but it made sense in the context I was given.

22. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    DragonCon would make sense, but ComicCon would've too. :p Here's hoping.

23. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    Maybe he just said that to throw you off.

Chicago would be okay. That would seal my taking the train, as there's a direct rail line from my hometown to the Windy City that goes right by the country's deepest hole- The Grand Canyon! [face_love] I'm going to see how far ahead I can check prices and train schedules.

My CIV fund has officially begun. Current funds? About enough for a Star Wars button. :p

24. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    And here we go again.... :p

There does seem to be more and more leaks coming out that point to Chicago but as we've seen, speculation before a big con has proven useless. Nothin' to do but keep waiting ;)

25. JEDI-KNIGHT-JAY

JEDI-KNIGHT-JAY Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 8, 2003
    http://boards.theforce.net/fanforce_star_wars_celebration_iv/b10611/20140015/p22

Kind of fun seeing all where C4 was going to be. C5 hasnt changed much. All guessing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.