main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive "Call to Adventure" - a massive fan multimedia project needs artists...

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by The_Saga_Begins, Feb 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Saga_Begins

The_Saga_Begins Jedi Youngling

Feb 17, 2006
    Hello,

First of all, many thanks to HanSolo29 for allowing us to post this in a seperate thread.

And if you're wondering why she's so kindly let us do that: this isn't simply the usual request for pics for personal use... this is a recruitment drive for a new critical and cultural response to the Star Wars saga, in which the art, and the artists, will be an integral part.

We're the writing team of Call to Adventure, a long, VERY ambitious Star Wars fiction project that we hope to unveil in the next couple of months. As part of this project, we're looking to organize some art. A lot of art, in fact - in the way of dozens of pieces.

Some of this will be along the lines of concept art - character sketches, ship designs, storyboards, that sort of thing. But we're also looking for grand, dramatic "action shots" mixing original designs with canon material - perhaps "production painting" or "poster cover" style pictures, possibly sequential comic-book pages...

Basically, we're interested in anything that looks like any of the imagery that's been associated with the saga since 1977... well, maybe with the exception of Prequel movie production art, but hey, that means you know we care! :p

If that seems like a wide range of stuff... well, yeah. It is.

This is BIG - Star Wars Big. If you think you have a grasp of how large we want Call to Adventure to be, stop and consider that it's much, much larger than that. We're aiming for high quality, but the project has more than enough size and scope to accomodate all sorts of styles and skills. So if you'd be interested in being a part of it - we'd be interested in hearing from you.

And if you have any questions? Just ask! :D

Sincerely,
    The_Saga_Begins

2. angel_gidget

angel_gidget Jedi Master star 1

Apr 16, 2004
    Something that big sounds a little intimidating....wow.

I'm not too good with ships and storyboards, but I'm open to doing character sketches if you wanna PM me.

3. grievious

grievious Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 27, 2005
    I can do anything as long as it has something to do with a pencil. I don't know how you are going to pick your artists, but this is my photobucket so you can take a look. I don't know what the "multimedia" part stands for, but I'm specialized in working with flash, I can do photoshop, and i'm a Noob at 3D Max now .:p So i may be able 2 help u....

My pencil drawings

Transport ship concept

AT-ST

Utapau Airborn clone trooper

Soap

ARC trooper

4. The_Saga_Begins

Feb 17, 2006
    Thank you both for your interest! We'll take a close look at your work and see what you might be most interested in doing, then get back to you :)

The_Saga_Begins

5. grievious

Mar 27, 2005
    Hmmm okay... my photobucket is a still a bit empty, but I'm goign to add more work soon...

6. Eamon

Eamon Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2002
    I can not give you FAN ART... but I can color/ink in fan art. So if you get permission to use a piece(s) of art but need it to be colored... just send me a PM.

My coloring tread -here-

-Eamon

7. SIUEA_DOOGUAS

SIUEA_DOOGUAS Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 8, 2004
    Hello. I'm curious about your project. May we possibly view a sample of the writing or a scripted scene from the storyline before we volunteer ourselves? This would be greatly appreciated in order for artists like myself to make a decision about getting involved in such a project. I had been part of the VS project long ago and that wasn't...well, fun. Thanks! -ja

8. The_Saga_Begins

Feb 17, 2006
    Thanks again to everyone who's shown interest. Individual replies should have gone out to you all by now, but if we've missed anyone please let us know!

And if anyone else is on the fence, wondering if they should get involved, please do! We're looking forward to hearing from you.

The_Saga_Begins

9. SkyWookiee

SkyWookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2003
    Sounds intimidating, but it's, well, a "Call to Adventure"! Maybe I can be of use - My DeviantART and SW fanart.

10. grievious

Mar 27, 2005
    Wow, SkyWookie That X-wing is gooood!! ]-} You can indeed be very proud of it. =D=

Heej The_Saga_Begins , Can you give us a link to a website or somethin were we can fin more information about the project?

11. The_Saga_Begins

Feb 17, 2006
    Thank you to everyone who's shown interest so far, and a gentle prodding to those who might be interested but haven't gotten in contact yet ;).

We wish we could simply point you to a website, but that's part of what we're trying to do at this stage, is to acquire enough material and graphics and, quite frankly, help, for us to set our website up.

Basically what it boils down to is that we're writers, and we've written. A lot :). But now that we have the words, we need everything else. We're working on getting a "placeholder" website up, but for now we're still just trying to put things together, and the art is a big piece of that.

For everyone who wants more information, or just to know more about the project, if you'll bear with us for just a couple of days we'll be in a better position to share. We only hope when we do share it's not a letdown, for us or for you!

Best Wishes to all.

The_Saga_Begins

12. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Just a quick question that popped into my mind while looking over the replies here. What timeframe in the SW Saga would this take place and will canon characters appear in the story?

13. The_Saga_Begins

Feb 17, 2006
    The simplest answer is that it takes place in the movie timeframe - specifically, the prequel timeframe - and it does include canon characters from the OT, although the bulk of the 'cast,' as it were, is original.

Oh, it also tends to ignore some canon ;)

The_Saga_Begins

14. The_Saga_Begins

Feb 17, 2006
    This is just another appeal to any artists who might have looked at this thread and thought about it, but decided to pass.

Give it another thought :D

We're still looking for good artists to help put their mark on the project. If anyone's interested at all, please contact us. We're nice. Honestly.

The_Saga_Begins

15. Excalibur14

Excalibur14 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 2, 2006
    This definately sounds interesting...I'm a decent illustrator so if you would like to check out some of my stuff, feel free at : My DeviantArt Page

Thanks and good luck with the project

16. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I know I'm late in the response here, but thanks for answering my question! :)

I'd be willing to give it a try in between my school work. I'm an illustration major, so the workload can get pretty extensive when I have a lot of projects lined up, but I'll help out where I can. This could also be an excuse to fill up my sketchbooks for class. :)

Here is a link to my SW stuff: http://photobucket.com/albums/v291/HSolo29/Fan%20Art/

This is some of my misc. stuff: http://photobucket.com/albums/v291/HSolo29/Misc%20Art/

17. Giolon05

Giolon05 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2005
    I have interest in finding out more what this whole project is about. You've been very vague in your descriptions, but it sounds like something exciting. You can see examples of my work in my art thread here on the boards (link in my sig). Renders of female humans and Twi'leks are my speciality (Zabraks are a possibility but haven't done any yet, as are other humanoids w/o too many whacked out features.) I'll be picking up Bryce shortly, so I should be into the whole environment thing soon.

18. The_Saga_Begins

Feb 17, 2006
    First of all let us apologize for taking so long to response to everyone who's posted here recently. As you might imagine, with a partnership in which both members must agree to a course of action before any is taken - and in which both partners work - it sometimes takes a while to put our heads together.

That being said, a hearty thank you for your interest! We'll (quickly) review your samples and get back to you.

As for what seems to be a recurring theme ([face_blush]) people think we're being too vague in our descriptions of what exactly the project is. We apologize, but we hope you understand we don't want to expose the project completely before we "release" it. The artists who agree to help us will, of course, be given more information, but to put it in a public post would (we think) run counter to our purpose. For those who are considering our proposal, we offer these key terms:

- prequel era
    - both canon and original characters
    - subversive
    - gritty

:D

19. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    Are you guys rewriting/making your own PT? ;)
    I'm just guessing from the post that you're not interested in PT production art 'which shows you care' to it being in the PT era and 'ignoring some canon'.
    Just call me Detective Plotnik :p

20. Excalibur14

Excalibur14 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 2, 2006
    i am definitly still interested in this project

21. The_Saga_Begins

Feb 17, 2006
    A hearty THANK YOU to everyone still interested! We'll be replying to each of you individually by PM soon. And, if anyone knows of anyone else who might be interested, please point them in our direction.

Thanks,

The_Saga_Begins

22. Thyke

Thyke Jedi Youngling

Dec 17, 2005
    Maybe I can color your workings. So ýf you wish.. :D ... just send me a PM.

some works ; http://boards.theforce.net/fan_art/b10020/23083288/p1/?16

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.