main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calling Descriptions

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by TeltaresTheJedi, Sep 19, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TeltaresTheJedi

TeltaresTheJedi Jedi Youngling

Sep 19, 2001
    I am building a text game, and I need room descriptions for Coruscant. It is a text-based game called a MUSH, where there are rooms connected through the cardinal directions. One enters a command, and moves through the directions from room to room which "symbolize"a part of Coruscant. I need to have writers submit to me here some Coruscant descriptions. Sample description, it is like extended writer's descriptions in stories;
    Coruscant Square:
    This large square in the center of Imperial City is usually bustling with activity all hours of the time. Even when the moon is over Coruscant, the square is well busy. Stormtroopers guard the square strongly, as well as other Imperial troopers presences. Towers rise all around the square, dwarfing the square below penthouses, and city traffic above.

That is a sample:
    Things to include:Who guards the area? What does the area look like? Is the area busy usually or empty? Is there a fountain in the center, or some centerpiece. For rooms try:
    Lighting, Wall description, ceiling description, floor description, object description, room description in general.
    Oh some areas that need describing are:
    Those who envision the Emperor's throne room on Coruscant well, please put one here. You know, I could do one, but perhaps some excellent writer can put the time in, after all I am trying to settle a game. I will invite you to the game once it is done. Also, the starports, city canyon, promenades, ballrooms in the Imperial Palace, Naval Headquarters lobby, Xizor's palace, sewers, etc. All descriptions like the one above for those.
    More:
    City Canyons
    Emperor's private rooms
    Cafes (In the Coruscant setting)
    Public Speaking Areas
    Assembly chambers
    Moff's offices
    The Grand Admiral's Conference room
    Bridges for the Super Star Destroyer(s),
    Imperial Star Destroyers (The Bridge, The Hangar Bay, what have you)
    Inside of AT-ST
    Inside of AT-AT
    Darth Vader's Castle (All rooms, can anyone reflect Darth Vader's personality?)
    High Class Mansions
    Imperial Advisor's Palaces rooms (Actual people playing the game will live in these, or atleast the Imperial Advisors)
    Residences for various characters, rather Grand Admirals, Generals,
    The lower levels (descriptions for these need to be darker ofcourse)
    Bedrooms (various, as people will most likely live in some of these)
    Also include in a post elements of Coruscant that I might not know about that could be described. I can do all of the description, but I think I will include something to give credit to the people who did it in each room.

Tatooine:
    Mos Eisely Streets
    Seedy bars
    Taverns
    The Desert
    Jabba's Palace rooms
    Under Jabba's Palace (the B'Marr monks)

Corellia:
    The various Corellia buildings (anyone know these better?)

COMPNOR Headquarters (I don't have the slightest idea what this may look like, anyone?)

ISB Headquarters rooms (I have no idea really)

COMPForce Headquarters rooms (Militarilistic?)

The Emperor's Receiving chamber (I need one that will link to the Emperor's Throne Room, and will look or feel with the grandness of those waiting to see the Emperor..if the Emperor is seen)

Exterior Rooms (Diplomatic rooms)

News Headquarters (For IGN).

MOTTO:JUST GIVE IDEAS AT WILL

I want to get feedback on these, and descriptions of what they would look like in text

2. TeltaresTheJedi

Sep 19, 2001
  3. TeltaresTheJedi

Sep 19, 2001
  4. TeltaresTheJedi

Sep 19, 2001
    Also I will invite any of you that are interested. I am sure roleplay would be fun with many excellent writers. I am not trying to get a free ticket lunch, I just want feedback

5. TeltaresTheJedi

Sep 19, 2001
    Also I will invite any of you that are interested. I am sure roleplay would be fun with many excellent writers. I am not trying to get a free ticket lunch, I just want the input of many talented writers.

6. Talon Squad Leader

Talon Squad Leader Former Manager star 5

Dec 22, 1999
    Maybe just hitting the post button once will do, not three times. ;)

Anyways, this might not be the correct forum for roleplaying and roleplayers. You might want to check the other forum listings.

7. TeltaresTheJedi

Sep 19, 2001
    Well I am sorry I did not edit my previous post. There is NO POINT in being rude. Apparently you did not read all my posts, or just ment to be subtly sarcastic. It has nothing to do with roleplay, as I detailed.

8. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I think this is the right forum and don't be so hard on TTJ. I've been having problems with multiple posts because of a useless computer. Anyway, I'm going to try my hand at a couple of those places and PM them to you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.