main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ohio Calling in "sick" for a certain day in May... hehe

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by MaverickJedi, Mar 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaverickJedi

MaverickJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2004
    Yesterday at work I was commiserating with a few of my coworkers. Turns out that HALF of the people in my department & another related one will be taking off, calling off, or otherwise not coming in on the day Ep. III is released.

HALF!!!

Isn't it amazing the grand scale Star Wars has been, and is still, on?

And isn't it hilarious to think of how upper management is going to be absolutely frantic, thrown into chaos for a day, because we're all off watching the return of Darth Vader? LOL

Oooh... it's too good. :)

2. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    Most of my co-workers are older than me and, while they have heard of SW, they in no way going to a midnight show. :p
    Plus, I put my name in for vacation that evening and the day after even before I officially started the job in October! ;)

But I would agree about the far-reaching effet of SW. It has become embedded into the culture of our country, and the world. And why not? If any cult classic were going to, what better one than a series of films that have no nudity (unless you count Luke in the bacta or the Ewoks with hoods but no pants :p), no swearing, no drug use and no sexual connotations.

It was interesting when I brought my Parks saber to work to show off, eveyone thought is was so cool and started telling me about when they had gone to see SW or how much their children love it. :)

3. Tobey-Wan

Tobey-Wan Jedi Master star 9

Jun 12, 2001
    As soon as our "vacaction calendar" went up for 2005, I had 2 days in April and 2 in May to mark as mine right away.

I try to be less obvious with the sick days... ;)

4. Fitzhume

Fitzhume Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 31, 2005
    Same thing here. All the people I work with arn't coming in either. I just think it's amazing that this has so much pull in people's lives. Makes me smile.

5. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    I have a feeling there will be an "epidemic" of calling in sick, all across Ohio and the rest of the country, the day Episode III hits theaters... ;)

6. MaverickJedi

MaverickJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2004
    I don't care if it's obvious or not, I've taken the whole dang week off. *grins* hehehe...

Plus, my birthday is the 21st. I can always say I'm... uhmm... going on a trip for my birthday.

(Yeah, a trip to the local theater!) :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.