main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canderous and Cade's Crazy Cantina: a shiny new fanfiction social thread!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Commander-DWH, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    Silly question here, but what time is board time? I mean, is it Eastern, Pacific, Howdy Doody time?

2. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    I think it's Pacific time. If I post something at midnight EST and label it as being updated that next day, the board is about three hours behind.

3. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I think the default is Pacific because it's right for me, but I may have changed it when we got to these boards and just forgot.

4. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Yeah, mine has always been defaulted to Pacific.

Someone told me today that she was asking for time off in 20,012. I wished her luck with that.

And then there was the person who said that she couldn't work because of stress and wanted the government to pay for it. I thought, hm, not that far-fetched.

We also had the guy to told us we had to ditch the Chanukkah and Eid stamps because they were unamerican. I told my coworkers that so was Christmas by that standard and that I wanted all the immigrants out of MY America as someone with a tribe.

5. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Yes, I have some Cherokee blood, I can stay! :D

6. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    W00t. Potawatomi here.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  7. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Lol. I'm Metis on my father's side. My grandfather, father and sister all look (or looked) native. But I'm pale, so the call me 'white girl'. I'm also Micmaq on my maternal grandmother's side.

I always said, Canada was built on beaver pelts and Native land.

8. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    . . . I'm as Caucasian as they come. I'm not white, I'm Translucent American. :p Srsly, my skin was literally clear when I was born, you could see my insides. For that matter, so was my hair.

I have no native blood whatsoever. All my ancestors are from England/Scotland/Ireland and Sweden. The most exotic I got is a distant Romanian line. Little-known guy named Vlad.

9. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Cherokee as well. And Irish and French-Canadian.

10. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    I'm a multi-European mutt.

11. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    I am Spanish and American. And by American I mean we traced the family tree back to the late 1600's and we still don't know when my father's family came to this country. I was told my dad's great great grandmother was Cherokee. But all of his great, great grandmother's were white...except one...who was listed as mulatto. That usually means African and Caucasian mix, but the dictionary said it could also mean a Caucasian and Native American mix. Then in the next census she was listed as white. LOL! Same woman. Maybe my ancestor was a Clawdite!! ;)

12. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Anyone know if there is a thread for daily drabbles/vigs challenges like what we had over on the temp forum that lasted for about two months. I have something I want to share for such a challenge, but can't find anything in the first five pages of this forum.

This is what I want to share but got no place to put it:

[​IMG]

13. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Lol. My father's family can be traced back to three brothers who crossed over from France to New France in the early 1600's. They all were a part of the fir trade and married three Native sisters.

As for my mother's father's family, no one is quite sure where they came from since their church burned down in the late 1700's, destroying all the records. They expect the family were explorers who came from Ireland in the 1500's.

Needless to say, I'm Canadian as it gets. (Except for some great, great, great great, great grandfather on my mother's side who was a black slave who escaped to Canada.)

And then there's the fact that I'm actually an ancestor of a Canadian rebel. Long Canadian history lesson short: the Red River was a Metis community who rebelled against the Canadian Government. The leader was Lois Riel, and my great, great grandfather was his best friend and right hand man. If Riel was Luke Skywalker, my ancestor would have been Wedge Antillies - he pissed off the government just as much, but he never got any recognition for it (however, he didn't get hanged either).

14. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I found out one of my ancestors fought on both sides of the Civil War. :p I think what the deal was he was with the North, but then went AWOL and went back to help his family with the harvest and when he was going back to be with his unit he was picked up by the Southern Army and was involuntarily "enlisted". He was in for a month and then he escaped and eventually found his way to his Northern Unit. He didn't get in trouble, but he did die in the next big battle. I have all the documents showing this. It is funny. Not the dying part, but the being in two different armies.

15. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    My dad's side is primarily German with some Polish and Irish. My mom's side is also primarily German, with Italian, Irish, and Cherokee. Not entirely sure where the Cherokee entered into the family, but it's in there somewhere.

And I put up my Christmas decorations today. I rearranged my living room. It looks so cozy now. :3

16. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I'm mostly of Scottish (and I guess Irish, but I always joke that I don't claim that side) descent. Both my mother and father can trace quite a few ancestors back to Scotland. I know there's some French in there too, but I don't think much.

There isn't one currently. We did that because we thought we'd only be there for a few weeks and we wanted something for people to write/work on in those few weeks. Obviously, we were there longer and people started posting fics. ;)
    There is a drabble challenge that is run ocassionally, but I'm not sure if the person who always hosted it is back or not... I haven't seen him recently.

17. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Speaking of not seeing someone recently, I haven't seen earlybird-obi-wan on the boards for over a week!

18. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Could it be NaNoWriMo?

That sounds like a disease. "Sorry that I haven't been around lately, I had a bad case of NaNoWriMo." It sounds like something you get from kissing boys in High School. Of course if I caught it by kissing boys in High School I would end up with a bad case of Jailbaititus. Not good.

19. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    [face_laugh]

Well, she'd been posting regularly all through except the last week.

20. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    I had a rather amusing brain wave... and wrote a good 2k word start to yet another project (If you want to see someone with a mad amount of projects planned just look at my fanfiction profile). Still... this scene just, I have to share it... it makes me giggle.

Mav Edit: Sorry, we don't allow fanfic in the social thread. You can post your fanfic in the story section HERE

21. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    [face_rofl] I wonder if I can call into work with that??
    Yeah sure, I work in a hospital and someone would say it wasn't a real disease, but maybe it would work a few times! :p (Says the person who only calls in if she's actively dying)

22. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Someone should get a hold of the person who runs the Drabble challenge. I wrote some drabbles over the move and I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it.

Mav, you sound like me. I only miss school if I'm puking out the eyeballs type thing. I remember when I was in grade 9 and diagnosed with type one diabetes. My mother pretty much had to force me to take a week off, even though I really didn't feel all that bad.

23. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I'm the same way when it comes to being sick. I'll still go in to class, work, family gathering, whatever. One day, I was suffering from bronchitis and mono, and I had absolutely no voice, and I called the dean because I was going to be a little late. She couldn't hear me at all and told me to stay in bed.

24. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    I nearly missed my high school graduation because I was as sick as a dog - I spent the night before puking my guts out. But I went and thank God I never puked (I was sitting in the front row). The guy sitting next to me was a friend of mine and a sweetheart. He knew I was sick and helped me on and off the stage.

25. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Our senior class trip was before my graduation, and I got sick the night before graduation. Still went, anyway. And the principal still said I was in absentia even though I was on my way to the stage. [face_plain]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.