main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canderous and Cade's Crazy Cantina: a shiny new fanfiction social thread!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Commander-DWH, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    Okay, I never knew Liam Neeson was in Les Mis. *Dies*

I can't wait to see the musical movie version. I saw previews for it and it looks absolutely awesome.

2. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    The trailer for that actually got me interested in Les Mis. I was like "What is that? Looks cool. *jots on movies to see list*

moosemousse Lol. You can customize the sig to say something else. See...

This message brought to you by the letter S and by the letter W.

3. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I too, always go to see a movie adaptation as something completely different from the original, though still based on it. Of course, I still get upset when they leave out my favorite part, but I usually get over it really quickly.

I have a friend who did a Masters in screen writing and it's interesting to hear her talk about her adaptation class.

I'm really excited to see Les Mis, even though I work on Christmas, I may go to see it that night when I get off.

4. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Liam Neeson as Jean Valjean is brilliant, but I like Geoffrey Rush as Javert even more.

5. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Woohoo at The Hobbit!

6. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Lucky. I have a couple friends who went to the 10 pm showing tonight (because we are on pacific time, as long as it's 12 on the east coast, it's fine). I unfortunately an exam tomorrow, and one the next day, so I am going Saturday evening with a friend who is leaving for Africa for 6 months on Tuesday. We'd figured it would be a nice send off for her.

Anyone want to do my last two exams? Tomorrow is history and I know the essay question so it wont be that bad. Plus it's only worth 20%. But Saturday morning I have to do my philosophy final. 45% of our grade rests on how well we can explain and expand on one quote. I may die and not live to see the Hobbit :(

7. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    The only thing that I'm going to see tonight is the meteor shower. And tomorrow, I'll just be working on a project.

But, I'll do that quote final! That sounds like fun! :D

8. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    No, it is not fun. It's a quote from the textbook. I have found the best way to do his exams are to talk about who and what the quote is talking about without directly using or referencing the quote. And he's an insanely hard marker.

9. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    It still sounds like fun, at least to me.

10. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    It's definitely a change from your typical 5 paragraph essay question, which has it's ups and downs. I don't have to waste time on a introduction, conclusion or thesis statement. He simply asks us to demonstrate our knowledge, so it means I can kind of branch out as long as I stay sort of relivant to the subject of the quote. But it's difficult because there is no clear question he gives us, so there is nothing to answer. I never know how to approach it, but apparently I'm doing an alright job.

11. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I almost want to know what the quote is so I can take a crack at it, but your professor might find out. :p

12. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
  13. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Ha! Look what I got for Christmas! It has some awesome drawings.
    [​IMG]

14. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    That's awesome... but why do I think the guy on the left is mad mostly because he's sunburned? ;)

15. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    That is a nasty sunburn. I have to check to see what species he is. He is not familiar to me. Why are all the Sith ugly? I would like to see a sweet looking Sith...a Justin Beber looking Sith.:p

16. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    He is of the Sith species, which the Order named themselves after.

17. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Thanks. I am not familiar with the Old Republic era characters (that's what the book covers). If they're not in the After the Saga era books I probably won't recognize them.

18. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Yeah that book covers the Resurgent Sith Empire vs Old Republic conflict set 300 years after KotOR I and II and a 1300 years after the Tales of the Jedi comic series (Great Hyperspace War). Its all about the video game and the lore behind it. Fun game. Learn lots and lots about the Sith and Jedi histories in it, that's for sure. Those who are fans of Revan and Bastilla Shan can find some extended lore and their fates in that game.

Now if only Lucasbooks will cover the Hundred Year Darkness War (Second Great Schism that led to the formation of the Sith Order), I will be a happy camper.

19. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    Eh, personally I really don't like what TOR (books and game) did to Revan. But that's just me ;)

20. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    I really don't know what the books did to him. All I know is that he disappeared into Wild Space at the end of KotOR I in search of the threat that was alluded to in KotOR 2 and wasn't seen again until 300 years later as the Sith Emperor's prisoner, had been the Emperor's puppet to weaken the Republic and find the Star Forge and had a kid with Bastilla Shan and Satele Shan is his descendant.

21. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    I know this is totally random and off subject... Briannakin the part of your sig that says "They call me hell on wheels," reminds me of when the song "Hell on Wheels" played quite a bit on the radio, and I thought it was a song about some chick named "Hellen Wheels."

22. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Can songs from an MP3 player be converted to an iPod? My husband, or as I call him 'Mr. Anger Management', is going to attempt to transfer the songs he has stored on his computer for his MP3 player and put them on an iPod...and I just need to know if I need to take my anxiety medication now. How a nuclear physicist can be so computer illiterate I have no clue. I just seeing this ending badly.[face_plain] Should I tell him he needs an iTunes account?:p

23. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Yes. He can transfer his music from his mp3 player to his pc as mp3s. However to get them on the iPod he will need iTunes to transfer from PC to iPod.

24. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    He gave up, so I set up his iTunes account right until it asks you for a credit card number. He is like, "I don't want to buy music...I want to add my CD's to this iPod, why do they need my credit card?"

I'm like, "I don't know, Identification purposes. All I know is to manage the devices you need to set up the account and to finish setting up the account it is asking for a credit card." He refused to provide a credit card to I gave the iPod to my youngest son. There is no way I am letting him on my account...he'll touch the wrong button and delete my library or something. Anyway we listen to completely different music and I know he will screw up my iPod library.

25. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    That sucks. Tis the downside to having the Apple stuff. Gotta leap through hoops of fire just to enjoy music.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.